mtbr member
    Aug 2018

help me out..please

Looking at my first full suspension. Not easy for me to demo bikes where I'm at. I did ride a Santa cruz hightower last weekend for a couple hours. Awesome bike, a little more than I want to spend. My price range is around 2k. What are you thoughts on the 2019 specialized stumpjumper, gt sensor, and the new cannondale habit 6. I mostly ride fairly flat single track. I do like to jump some coming from a moto background, nothing huge. Any input is greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017

help me out..please

What about a Polygon Siskiu T8?
    Iím on the longer travel Siskiu N9, both use the same suspension design and I love mine. One can also say that itís an unrefined YT Jeffsy for those on tighter budgets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    This looks nice....

https://www.canyon.com/en-us/mtb/spe...pectral-al-6-0

good deal too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    You can buy a 2 years old bike.
    If it is not a good fit for u you will not loose much reselling it.

mtbr member
    maybe this? they offer very good value on their whole lineup. https://www.fezzari.com/cross-country/abajo-peak

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow4eva View Post
    What about a Polygon Siskiu T8?
    Iím on the longer travel Siskiu N9, both use the same suspension design and I love mine. One can also say that itís an unrefined YT Jeffsy for those on tighter budgets.

I checked those out, Thanks!
    having trouble finding a place that sells those in the us. Can I ask where you got yours?

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by CRed View Post
    I have looked at the canyons and they look to fall into what I am looking for. I am a little worried about their customer service after reading about them. Thank you!

mtbr member
    Jul 2017

help me out..please

Quote Originally Posted by cbarber120 View Post
    I checked those out, Thanks!
    having trouble finding a place that sells those in the us. Can I ask where you got yours?
    Iím not too sure for the US unfortunately.
    Iím from Singapore - Indonesia, where Polygon is from, is our neighbouring country, weíre all in South East Asia
    Also, their main distributor, Rodalink, has shops here in SG as well, so we have the accessibility and servicibility over here.

Snow Dog
    Looking at my first full suspension. Not easy for me to demo bikes where I'm at. I did ride a Santa cruz hightower last weekend for a couple hours. Awesome bike, a little more than I want to spend. My price range is around 2k. What are you thoughts on the 2019 specialized stumpjumper, gt sensor, and the new cannondale habit 6. I mostly ride fairly flat single track. I do like to jump some coming from a moto background, nothing huge. Any input is greatly appreciated.
    just curious as to why you need FS if you ride mostly flat singletrack? If it is medical reason, or N+1, than I get it

Only cause if you went with a hardtail instead - in your price range - you would open yourself up to some really sweet bikes.
    " ...the moonlit swamp Krampus is a king among bikes." - geraldooka

15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by sXeXBMXer View Post
    just curious as to why you need FS if you ride mostly flat singletrack? If it is medical reason, or N+1, than I get it

Only cause if you went with a hardtail instead - in your price range - you would open yourself up to some really sweet bikes.
    flat maybe wasn't the best description. we do not have long and large up and down near me. some places are pretty rocky are rooty, I do like to hit drop features. I live in central Mn. I did go to the black hills this summer, and I am heading out to Denver next week to hopefully get some riding in. I would really like something of a do all bike. I don't need a fs, but I kind of want one! I do have a 27.5" hardtail right now that I am going to keep around. I am not against another hardtail completely.

mtbr member
    Of the bikes you list, I notice the Stumpjumper runs 27.5+ or 29 and up to 3" tires. I was too lazy to dig deeply into the others, but that flexibility is nice, should you ever want to change. You don't need much rear travel for your stated conditions, so I would lean in that direction.

Edit: I'm not sure if that feature is available at your price point, but the ST 29 has 120mm travel, which is plenty.

mtbr member
    It's hard to beat that canyon spectral, it's gotta be the best deal out there. My buddy just got the higher end GT sensor and it's pretty sweet, though he got it at cost. GT is definitely trying to become a top tier company again.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    It's hard to beat that canyon spectral, it's gotta be the best deal out there. My buddy just got the higher end GT sensor and it's pretty sweet, though he got it at cost. GT is definitely trying to become a top tier company again.
    Yeah, looking at that, it would be at the top of my list, over the three the OP listed, for sure.

Snow Dog
    flat maybe wasn't the best description. we do not have long and large up and down near me. some places are pretty rocky are rooty, I do like to hit drop features. I live in central Mn. I did go to the black hills this summer, and I am heading out to Denver next week to hopefully get some riding in. I would really like something of a do all bike. I don't need a fs, but I kind of want one! I do have a 27.5" hardtail right now that I am going to keep around. I am not against another hardtail completely.
    ok...I was wondering if it was more of an N+1 thing! We have the same terrain here in Ohio...not tons of elevation, but tons of "chatter" on the trails. we also have short, punchy ups with rocks and roots on them...which i think are harder than long, steep climbs. At least with the climbs, I feel I can get into a cadence for parts of it.
    " ...the moonlit swamp Krampus is a king among bikes." - geraldooka

15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    The Canyon looks great! do any of you have experience with one? Customer support issues? Thanks for the feedback so far!