having trouble finding a size small 29er- Mtbr.com
    sam

Jan 2004

having trouble finding a size small 29er

I'm having trouble finding a used, race ready 29er, size small/15.5. I've searched mtbr and ebay, is there someplace else I can search. Thanks.

Recovering couch patato
    Not many S size bikes have been sold to begin with, and it could be that all owners are so happy that they're not sonsidering selling at all. De pending on you budget, the Fisher X-Caliber might be a good deal. You might also buy a Fisher Supercal S frame, build it up with parts of a used bike, and sell the big frame again.

On a side note, in my 26" bike sales, 16" bikes are only about 5% of complete sales. Then, 29" is still not even 1% of total. In 29", the demand for 16" is probably more like 3%, being so often referred to as a tall man's toy.

As far as I know, Fisher is the only one offering a 15". The 16" Surly Karate Monkey (frameset only) is actually 17.6" tall, but probably a shorter toptube than the Fisher S/15".

There are a few ~15" riders known by this forum that are loving their 29" bikes, but also don't seem very likely to sell.

Good luck, 29" will offer you the same advantages it gave the 6'4" me!

Happy trails,

J

sam

Jan 2004
    thanks for the insight. The Fisher 29er is exactly what I have been searching for. I would prefer not to go custom, instead hopefully finding a used one year old Supercal. If anyone knows of one available, please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Sam

[email protected]

Van Dessel Buzz bomb

I have a Van Dessel Buzz Bomb that would fit you. If you want to give a 29" bike a try this is a very inexpensive route to go. It can be used as a singlespeed or geared. If you are interested let me know. [email protected]

Beware of Doggerel

Try Airborne's B29 in small

My wife is 4 foot 11 inches, she rides a 13inch 26er. Just for kicks she tried out the fit of the small Airborne frame (which is a 16 inch, I think) she was able to stand over the frame (barely) but in general the frame was just too big for her. Airborne has a curved top tube and the standover was very similair to the SO height on her 13inch Marin, so you might want to give the Airborne a try, I would guess that it would probably fit someone 5 foot or there abouts.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by sam
    I'm having trouble finding a used, race ready 29er, size small/15.5. I've searched mtbr and ebay, is there someplace else I can search. Thanks.

Jan 2004

17" GF in SLO, CA

I was just in San Luis Obispo CA USA and saw a 17" 2003 Gary Fisher Mt. Tam for under $1000, brand new. It's a little bigger than you are looking for but it's a sweet deal waiting for someone. I can't remember the dealer but they're right downtown.

sam

Jan 2004
    Unfortunately, the 17" Gary Fisher is too big, I've come across several in the past couple weeks. Hopefully I'll find a 15.5 Fisher. Thanks for heads up, maybe someone else will read your email and go buy it!

Members who have read this thread: 0