1. This poll is closed
  • Give her some bounce

1 100.00%
  • She likes it completely stiff

0 0%
    mtbr member
    Dec 2018

Hardtail w/ Suspension on a Rigid Bend

Okay guys, it's come to my attention that a front end collision with a wooden power pole many years ago had actually caused a hardly noticeable bend in my steering tube. There is not a problem with wayward steering (I can ride no hands no problem) but you can notice how the forks hang aft from below the low headset crown.

Because of this I'd like to try a set of suspension forks!

I know that the frames' geometry is not intrinsic to suspension forks but being that it is a Marin i hope i can find a little bit of travel in a new set of suspension forks.

I'd like read positive responses about a conversion, and if you type an obtrusive response - please give me props on my ride as you do it.

Post Script
    The rack took the blunt blow and I had the lbs straighten the triangle frame that bolts the rack to the eyelet below the headset.

Thanks
    -T
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hardtail w/ Suspension on a Rigid Bend-2013marinmuirwoods.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Whisperer View Post
    Curved and strait forks have nothing to do with the rake. Both the 2013 curved blade fork and the 2014 strait blade fork have 45mm rake. Looking at the pictures of both, it looks like a 80mm travel fork would not change the geometry much if any. However, a 120mm travel fork is going to change the geometry significantly. My understanding is that the Tower Pro travel cannot be adjusted so I would pass here. If you can find a Manitou Tower Expert or Pro in 80mm then it would be a great fork. Another good bargain fork is the X-Fusion Slide.

found this here, looks like a 45mm rake according to the quote above.

Also, just emailed Marin Bikes about it.