Hardrock Sport Disc 29 Upgrades?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Hardrock Sport Disc 29 Upgrades?

Got a 19" 29er on hold at the local LBS and was wondering what(if any) upgrades I should do when I go pick it up?Been given the ok from the BOSS to purchase a few upgrades if needed. Links would help.I wouldn't know what fork,etc would work on it.This is the first bike I have purchased in 20yrs.Not going to be doing any hardcore riding.Mainly trails,pavement,gravel and maybe off road here and there.I may not even need to upgrade at first and just let the parts go bad and replace them as needed since I wouldn't be riding hard.Let me know you suggestions.THX
    Last edited by NC-Biker; 12-22-2010 at 09:50 PM.

Former Bike Wrench
    Clipless pedals (I like Time for durability and ease in mud, but Shimano SPD-M520 are a great beginner pedal for the first time clipless user) and shoes. Good shorts, gloves, and jersey.

Replace parts on the bike as needed.

SSolo, on your left!
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    Clipless pedals (I like Time for durability and ease in mud, but Shimano SPD-M520 are a great beginner pedal for the first time clipless user) and shoes. Good shorts, gloves, and jersey.

Yes, but I like Crank Brothers pedals. Other than what was already said, just ride it and upgrade when parts break or wear out. It's not cost-effective to buy a new bike and swap the fork unless you have the fork just laying around. If it really needs upgrades at this poiint, then you should buy a nicer bike to start with, but it sounds like a great starting point for your intended use. Don't buy into the ya gotta have xyz bike and parts especially since you're just getting back into it after 20 yrs.
    Get off the couch and ride! :)

SSolo, on your left!
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72

Yes, but I like Crank Brothers pedals. Other than what was already said, just ride it and upgrade when parts break or wear out. It's not cost-effective to buy a new bike and swap the fork unless you have the fork just laying around. If it really needs upgrades at this poiint, then you should buy a nicer bike to start with, but it sounds like a great starting point for your intended use. Don't buy into the ya gotta have xyz bike and parts especially since you're just getting back into it after 20 yrs. The best bike is the one that you actually still ride this time next year.
    Get off the couch and ride! :)

CS2
    mtbr member

Members who have read this thread: 0