GT Peace9r susp fork question?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

GT Peace9r susp fork question?

Anyone replace the stock fork on a Peace9r with a suspension fork? Any problems? I'm thinking of adding a Manitou Minute to my 9r; but I'm concerned that there might be a wee bit of a frame clearance issue.

Cheers!

mtbr member
    About to try a Marz on mine, got all the components for the fork just haven't tried it yet as I'm waiting an the wheelset. I've got a pretty tall stack headset(Tank2) with alot of height on the bottom, hopefully that get's past any issues, if not had my eye on one of those Banshee Paradox's, all the excuse I need.

Chris King has a 5mm tall baseplate(crown race) available for their headsets which is supposed to solve the issue.

mtbr member

Nfw

It's raining here and I got curious, at least for the Marzocchi 44 it's a no go fpr the 2009 model, need at least a half-inch riser for the crown race to clear the lockout knob and that even looks too close for comfort, but YMMV. I don't even think the CK heaset/5mm riser baseplate combo would get me all the way, that's not even 1/4 inch.

Damn the bad luck, now I really need that AM hardtail frame.

Last edited by socal_jack; 02-06-2010 at 04:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Somebody needs to ask Cane Creek to make a +5 or a +7mm crown race to go along with that S3+5 headset they make. Maybe if enough people ask them, they will !
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    A 2009 Tora Race fit mine with no issues. I used it with a cane creek S-2 headset, no +5 baseplate. A friends Dart 3 did not clear the downtube however.

mtbr member
    I guess I can take the Dart 3 off the list for potential forks.

mtbr member
    Minute clears fine. Just finished riding with one set up that way. The offset equals a very fast handling bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brown
    Minute clears fine. Just finished riding with one set up that way. The offset equals a very fast handling bike.
    Nice! Did you change the stock headset at all?

Never trust a fart
    Quote Originally Posted by socal_jack
    It's raining here and I got curious, at least for the Marzocchi 44 it's a no go fpr the 2009 model, need at least a half-inch riser for the crown race to clear the lockout knob and that even looks too close for comfort, but YMMV. I don't even think the CK heaset/5mm riser baseplate combo would get me all the way, that's not even 1/4 inch.

Damn the bad luck, now I really need that AM hardtail frame.

I see everyone posts up a picture like this. I don't know about you, but I can never turn the handlebars that far to make the crown parallel with the frame when I'm out riding. Who does this?

I have 2 co-workers that have this bike. Both have the Manitou Minute 29r on them. Zero issues.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot
    Nice! Did you change the stock headset at all?
    Nope

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by frdfandc
    I see everyone posts up a picture like this. I don't know about you, but I can never turn the handlebars that far to make the crown parallel with the frame when I'm out riding. Who does this?

While never natural, you could conceivably damage your fork or frame if crashing- it's very common thing to hapen when laying the bike down.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    i run a 120mm minute fork on my 9-r and they're great, no issues what so ever with frame clearance, done more than 600 miles on them and still no problems

Members who have read this thread: 0