GT Peace Sizing Recommendation- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009

GT Peace Sizing Recommendation

I'm almost 5'8", but not quite I am looking at the GT Peace and some other 29ers. I appreciate the GTs lower standover and am leaning towards that.
    My previous bikes include an 18" Haro Sonix with a 23.6ETT and currently a Chumba VF2 with a 22.5 ETT, but am running a longer stem on the Chumba and a slight setback seatpost to get a little stretched out. My inseam is 30".

Would it be better to go with the small at 23.2 or the medium at 24.1? I cannot find one locally to test ride and am dreading getting the wrong one. I read time and time again that the medium pretty much fits everyone.
    Chumba VF2/GT Peace 9er "Rasta"/Masi Alare/Fetish Cycles Attack

mtbr member
    I have the same question as the original poster - what size GT Peace. I'm 6" and normally ride large frames but those frames typically have approximately 24" top tube which is what the medium GT Peace has. Should I go with the Medium?

mtbr member
    I have a medium sitting in my garage right now "not mine" but I am 5'8" and I like the fit a lot. But for some reason it seems that I prefer a longer effective TT than most people my height.

@Noosa, a 24" ETT is a 24" ETT regardless of whether a manufacture calls it a medium or large, so I would recommend making your choice off of that.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I finally found one locally. It was a small and unless I shrunk the standover was higher than I was expecting. The TT length was good so I am ordering a small. Hopefully someone can use this as a reference for future ordering as there are some insane closeout deals going on right now.

Flat Ark I thank you for the PM and wish your friend best of luck selling his!!!
    Chumba VF2/GT Peace 9er "Rasta"/Masi Alare/Fetish Cycles Attack

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I am 5 9 30 inseam and I have medium GT. I ride medium in 26er also. Expect stand over height to be 1 to 1.5" higher in GT. Great bike!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0