Got Avid Speed Dial Ultimates today - orderd carbon forks too...- Mtbr.com
    REALLY?

Got Avid Speed Dial Ultimates today - orderd carbon forks too...

Yup, my levers came in today...I didn't pay full price fortunately, and after trying them out I can say I don't believe there worth the 300.00 msrp. Nonetheless, they are super trick and I'm totally digging them...they work really, really good, extra smoothe w/ lots of adjustment. Also, I ordered my White Bros Carbon 29r fork today, should be in by Fri, anyway, I'll try to post some pre-build pics this weekend after I put them on.
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

mtbr member
    Those levers look awesome, I would love a pair, I just couldn't justify the price. Mind if I ask how much you paid for them?

REALLY?
    I believe if I remember 200.00$. I have a super-cool LBS and I'm friends with the owner and he gives me huge discounts on everything and let's me (for a very small fee) use his tools and shop and do my own repairs (and that's good, I don't want/like/trust most mechanics to wrench on my bike anyway).
    DJ, "Because I'm sure the world need's more dudes stalking the woods stoned out of their mind carrying a deadly weapon."

Jacob 34:19
    I would agree with you. I've got a set of Ultimates, 2 sets of SL's, and a set of SD7's. Of the three, I prefer the SL's by far. They have every bit of adjustability and feel of the Ultimates at less than half the price. Weight is within a few grams. The Ultimates look really trick and are nice to be sure but I wouldn't pay their price over the SL's.

Members who have read this thread: 0