Is this a good deal?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Is this a good deal?

Hey Guys, Wanting to jump on a 29er and have the oppotunity to buy a 2002 (i think) 29 super caliber. My friend told me it was a super caliber frame with all the the Mt. Tam components. XTR Rear, XT everywhere else, I am not sure what fork it has, I know Marz and he said it did not have a lockout. MX-29 maybe?? Anyway it needs a new back rim but he will sell me complete bike for $350.00 I think this is a good buy, what do you think?
    I will prob turn into a SS if I get it.

Also, it is a 17.5 and I am 5'11. I typ ride a 19" 26er but the TT looks long enough that it wouldnt be a prob. Any of you 6 footer riding this 17.5. Thanks in advance. BK

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbkendall
    Hey Guys, Wanting to jump on a 29er and have the oppotunity to buy a 2002 (i think) 29 super caliber. My friend told me it was a super caliber frame with all the the Mt. Tam components. XTR Rear, XT everywhere else, I am not sure what fork it has, I know Marz and he said it did not have a lockout. MX-29 maybe?? Anyway it needs a new back rim but he will sell me complete bike for $350.00 I think this is a good buy, what do you think?

Also, it is a 17.5 and I am 5'11. I typ ride a 19" 26er but the TT looks long enough that it wouldnt be a prob. Any of you 6 footer riding this 17.5. Thanks in advance. BK
    Jump on it. I am 5 11 and can ride either the med or lg. fishers.
    A bike by any other name is still a bike.

giddy up!

Let me call your friend.....

and get some more in depth information on it, and bid on it...err, I mean, help you figure out if it's a good deal, yeah, that's what I meant, what is his phone number again?

Quote Originally Posted by mtbkendall

www.thepathbikeshop.com

mtbr member
    Sounds like a can't miss. Even if you part everything out you'll be ahead of the game.