Giant Trance 3 29er (2100USD) vs Specialized Stumpjumper ST Alloy 29 ($2,009.99 USD)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2020

Giant Trance 3 29er (2100USD) vs Specialized Stumpjumper ST Alloy 29 ($2,009.99 USD)

So I found a bike shop about 4.5 hour drive away with 2 choices for bikes that are in my size online(This is hoping their online inventory is correct, could be wrong).(will be calling in a few hours once the store opens).

I am upgrading from an older Giant 26" Iguana hard tail.

Link to Specialized:
    https://www.specialized.com/us/en/st...ext=93220-7402

Link to Giant Trance:
    https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/trance-29-3

Location to be ridden in is South Florida.

I am sure either bike would be awesome to own/ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    I would would go with whichever one fit me/felt best to me. Components can be upgraded but it's sometimes very hard to change fit/feel.
    I test rode both and the Trance just didn't feel right to me even though I wanted it to.
    The specialized felt almost perfect to me but the Kona Satori felt totally perfect to me and it's what I ended up with.
    Everyone is different so I personally wouldn't worry about components unless both bikes felt great to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Call ahead for sure as stores may be extremely light on bikes at that price point, and may not be able to get them from the manufaurerz

I’d go with the Giant, and I would put faster tires on it for S Florida and sell off or keep the minions.

My reasons are shock/fork, frame.

Most people don’t like a bike in the store simply due to the fit. Spend the time to adjust stack and seat fore and aft/up and down. Even shifters and brakes are odd angles can make a bike feel “wrong”. Most high end rental bikes I ride do feel terrible until the second day when I have the suspension dialed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk