Giant Anthem riders / size?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Giant Anthem riders / size?

I'm 6.0. Seems like I'm right the bubble between L and M. Seems like I should ride a Large, but would it be better to go M for better handling?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    go for fit not handling. I'd go large and adjust stem as needed.
    Last edited by jsigone; 12-31-2010 at 11:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    UNless you have really odd proportions, I can't imagine you would be a medium. I am 5'10 and went with the medium and I was right on the edge. Like the poster above said, get a fit, but I would bet you will end up in a large.

mtbr member
    at 6' dead even, i am only slighly odd proportioned (relatively short arms) and would absolutely ride a medium based on ETT and SO on the webpage

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I went the shop yesterday and stood over both a M and a L. With snow all over the place I wasn't able to ride either. My inseem is about 34". Not a lot of clearance on the L, but plenty on the M. It could go either way I'm sure and be fine, but would it make more sense to fit a L with a shorter stem as opposed to M with a longer stem for handling purposes? I wouldn't want to go M and have a yard stick for a seat post, but also don't want to sacrifice agility on a bike that's too big. I'm currently riding a Giant Trance size L and it's perfect. Completely different I know... I'm new the the 29er gig

No longer 26
    Quote Originally Posted by chainringX2
    I went the shop yesterday and stood over both a M and a L. With snow all over the place I wasn't able to ride either. My inseem is about 34". Not a lot of clearance on the L, but plenty on the M. It could go either way I'm sure and be fine, but would it make more sense to fit a L with a shorter stem as opposed to M with a longer stem for handling purposes? I wouldn't want to go M and have a yard stick for a seat post, but also don't want to sacrifice agility on a bike that's too big. I'm currently riding a Giant Trance size L and it's perfect. Completely different I know... I'm new the the 29er gig

Geometry between the Trance and Anthem are not that different in the top tube for same size. I'd say stick to large.
    G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

mtbr member
    I'd definitely say large. I'm 5 11 with a 34 inseam and ride a L. The medium felt like it did not have enough tire in front of me.

Members who have read this thread: 0