Giant anthem advanced vs Rocky Mountain Element vs Norco Revolver FS- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Giant anthem advanced vs Rocky Mountain Element vs Norco Revolver FS

Hi everyone, I'm looking at buying a used 2018 Cc race bike and I've narrowed my choices to these 3 bikes. A Giant Anthem advanced pro 1, Rocky Mountain element carbon 970 or a Norco Revolver FS 2. They all have similar specs but the Rocky is about 500$ more than the Giant. The Norco is the cheaper of the 3 but seems to have the less modern geometry (steep head angle) and no boost spacing in the rear. The Giant seems like the best overall value and I'm familiar with the anthem already. I'm looking to start racing XC again, especially in marathon type race.

Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Hi
    I have a Rocky element 2016 (before 2012) and I'm very happy. Great climber, good descender. In 2017 they changed a bit the shock sistem...ABC bushingh removed and Ride-on as instinct. I'm really satisfied!

Regards
    Ernesto

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Another vote for the Rocky Element. Owned a 2013 carbon model (as well as a 2017 Element BC Edition that I sold to finance an Instinct BC) and now a used 2018 C70 (just had to have one in the stable again).

I'd sum it up as efficient yet feels like it has more then 100mm of travel. With a Ride-9 tweak and tire swap you can take it from XC race rig to trail bike in no time flat. It has seen plenty of steep rugged trails an xc bike has no business being on, and is very capable fr it's numbers.

Can't comment on the others much. Giant offers a great bang for buck. I did have a friend that went Epic-Revolver-Element and he said the Revolver was the worst pedaller of the three (Elite level XC racer so take that for what it's worth). The new one looks great.

Hope that helps!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    You can't go wrong with either of those choices! The Anthem is a fast xc bike. I've got a 2017 Element BC edition that I race with (marathon and stage races). I choose it because it's a bit more aggressive but you can adjust the suspension with the Ride-9, and the bonus is it has 2 water bottle holders which I use all the time.

Hope that helps.