So it's time to upgrade my bike with the only thing it's missing... a dropper!

I managed to grab two brand-X internal droppers recently in the sale so will return the size I don't need (unsure of length and how to check).

I looked at my frame last night but am unsure of the best way to install it so have taken a few pictures in the hope someone might be able to advise? I'm planning on keeping a record and uploading things as I go as a reference to others in case it helps.

As you can see i've marked up where I think the internal cable should run and subsequent exit from the frame however there is a hole in the bottom of the frame and i'm not sure if this should be utilised? If it is it means i'll have to run the cable housing externally up the bottom tube which isn't really internal and not what I really want to be doing.

Is the route i've planned sensible? As i've never installed one before i'm not sure how straight the cable needs to run to avoid binding or causing an issue?

Apologies for the dirty bike - it gets used a lot!

Giant Anthem 2 29er 2018 Brand X internal dropper installation-img_6949-1.jpgGiant Anthem 2 29er 2018 Brand X internal dropper installation-img_6951.jpgGiant Anthem 2 29er 2018 Brand X internal dropper installation-img_6952.jpgGiant Anthem 2 29er 2018 Brand X internal dropper installation-img_6953.jpgGiant Anthem 2 29er 2018 Brand X internal dropper installation-img_6954.jpg