GF Paragon II- Mtbr.com

Thread: GF Paragon II

Sep 2004

GF Paragon II

So, I got my self together and ended up with this baby. I know you've seen pictures before, but they sucked, and it wasn't 'finished' yet. Here it is!

The American Classic wheels are very worth the price. So is the bling bling Bontrager XXX bar and post. My semi-accurate weighing puts me at 24.1 pounds, as seen in the pictures.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Nice! What size is the frame?
    Last edited by Nat; 01-19-2005 at 05:54 PM.

Sep 2004
    It is a Large.

Witty McWitterson
    I like the look of the new fisher frames. Sleek and slender. And the colors/graphics are nice and subdude.
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    I like the look of the new fisher frames. Sleek and slender. And the colors/graphics are nice and subdude.
    I agree with you, I also like the colors on the Rig as well. I buy one of these for sure... if only they were steel!

Not really that big!
    Feb 2004

AC wheels

Did you weigh the wheels and compare before you installed. Just wondering the weight of the Bonty Race set and how much lighter the American Classics are? Great looking bike, by the way. The shop just got our's in today.

Sep 2004
    Eh, I had to weigh the wheels. The Race's are around 2100 on my digital scale. Dunno how accurate that is, but the weights for the ACX tires and a few other bike bitties were +/- 5 grams. The American Classics I have heard are around 1600. You can really feel the difference just lifting the Am Classics. With tires on them, the AmClassics feel as heavy/maybe lighter than the Race's without tires. I really want to try Stan's with these wheels, but am fearfull with all the talk of failures. The paint job on the Paragon is beautiful, it sparkles in the light and looks rad with the black/gray parts.

PS: My tip for new Fisher owners- Drop the stock tubes. On my scale, they weighed 260 and Bonty 700x35-44c tubes are 165.

Recovering couch patato
    Prepare for a middle-of-the-night tube failure. Don't worry, you won't miss it even if you're asleep. I know... :-(
    Might as well use Michelin Latex tubes, 123g and proven faster than other tube, 26x2.125 and very stretchy. Even give me a tad bit extra comfort and grip.
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski

try driving your car less
    looks super nice! what's with the green bottle cage?
    Only boring people get bored.

Recovering couch patato
    Thanks, I'm glad someone else asked about the bottle cage.
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski

What's up Dut?
    Mar 2004

AC Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by beans
    Eh, I had to weigh the wheels. The Race's are around 2100 on my digital scale. Dunno how accurate that is, but the weights for the ACX tires and a few other bike bitties were +/- 5 grams. The American Classics I have heard are around 1600. You can really feel the difference just lifting the Am Classics. With tires on them, the AmClassics feel as heavy/maybe lighter than the Race's without tires. I really want to try Stan's with these wheels, but am fearfull with all the talk of failures. The paint job on the Paragon is beautiful, it sparkles in the light and looks rad with the black/gray parts.

PS: My tip for new Fisher owners- Drop the stock tubes. On my scale, they weighed 260 and Bonty 700x35-44c tubes are 165.

It is good to see someone else on these wheels. Do some searching and you will see my review of my AC wheels. I went straight into tubeless with the Stan's rim strips and have had no issues. Search for my reviews.

Nice bike!

Sep 2004
    On the tubes- I've never had a 700c tube just pop out of nowhere or even pinch flat in a little over one year, about 18 races. Just stupid little thorns and wood slivers cause me problems.. Maybe it's becuase I am a feathery 140lbs?

The cage rocks, I used to have a purple one but I crushed it in a crash on the Mt Tam, so a green one was donated to me by my shop. Out of place parts just keep it fun.