GF 2007 Supercalibler: what do we all think?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

New question here. GF 2007 Supercalibler: what do we all think?

I got a cahnceto get me 1 of these, and in the right size!

What does everyone think of this frame, the ride etc, i have read all the review in the the review section but no doubt ther will be some more in and longer term feedback out there.

29er you just know when ur ready!!!!

No longer 26
    I love mine. Is it a bit flexy as many/most will comment? Probably, but not enough to hold me back on any xc trail riding and racing (mid-pack sport level) that I do. Might not be the choice for getting a lot of air time admittedly. It is a pretty light frame. The single high forward pivot suspension works well for this short travel application. Have seen some rear triangle crack though mine has not. Mine is built to 26.5 pounds with nothing too unusual. Will get a little lighter rear tire this year.

G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

mtbr member
    This is a flexy frame, enough flex to cause some shifting issues under some circumstances. The single pivot also seemed to get some brake jack and top tube seemed long for any given size. IIRC the medium sized TT was about a large on other bike manufacturers. However it's not all bad. This frame is very light coming in at about 5.7lbs for a medium. I also really liked how well it pedaled and how easy it was to access the shock lever. The single pivot design is great for out of the saddle pedaling and the lockout on the shock really made it feel like a hardtail when you locked it out. Some may not like that, but if I'm purposely locking the shock out, I want it stiff. If you are not a heavy rider, I say give it a shot if the deal is right.

Here is a pic of my old Supercal...
    Got LEFTY?
    -2019 C'dale SuperSlateX
    -2017 C’dale Scalpel Carbon 3
    -2014 C’dale Bad Boy 1

No longer 26
    You have to watch the top tube measurement a bit.. The SCal seat tube is a couple of degrees slacker than most production frames that addes a bit to the ett but not to a static saddle position in relation to the bottom bracket. Fits the same as my HT with the same saddle position to bb that supposedly has a 3/4 inch shorter ett. The braking has not been an issue with me. It brakes better than my HT and maybe not as good as other suspension designs?

G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Thanks all

i want this as an all rounder. I'm 200 lbs+ but i dont do drops etc dont like getting air, just like trails riding, all this sounds like it would be a pretty good match for me even the longish TT seems to be in the mix.
    29er you just know when ur ready!!!!

Squishy Fishy
    Nov 2008
    careful with that at your weight-- mine busted pretty nasty with just trail riding.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Make sure you get a receipt and are able to warranty it *when* the swingarm cracks. Fisher does not have any replacements.

It was a very sad day when mine broke. Even though Fisher replaced it with a Hifi, i still miss my supercal!
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I went through two supercaliber frames. I liked them. Somehow, even though the HIFI frame isn;t much heavier, the whole bike feels heavier than my supercaliber. All same components minus the headset.

It did flex under my 240ish weight. However, I never ever noticed the flex while racing. Only when I was out on fun rides. When the hammer was down it was fine.

Members who have read this thread: 0