Full suspension 29ers- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Full suspension 29ers

Hey all,

I'm looking to get my first full suspension bike and I'm not sure what to get. There are so many options that I don't know where to even start. My budget is ~4k so if anyone has any suggestions what to look at that would be greatly appreciated. For reference I'm mostly riding NE trails.

aka bOb
    Sorry that's a really vague question but you can start off going through all the Bible of Bike videos maybe get some idea of the travel you wan't/need. The new Tuscon trail bike series is pretty good.

If it was me for that price I would look at either either the Ripmo or Ripley from Ibis or maybe the Commencal TR 29.

There are just so many bikes in this category, get out to your local shops and test ride if possible to at least get some ideas as to what you want/need in a bike.

mtbr member
    Yea, much more information would be needed for to make any relevant suggestions. Skill level, riding style, and even body type/ weight might be helpful.
    Anyhoo, itís hard to buy a bad bike these days, Stumpjumper, Trance, Ripley, and Tallboy are all great trail bikes.
    As much of a great deal and great bikes online only bikes are, Iíd suggest getting shop support. IMO the shop you buy from can be just as important as which bike you choose. Go hit up all the close by shops and see who makes you feel like a friend and may work with you on pricing, and who treats you like a typical customer.
    A good shop will help get you on the right bike, and of course try to demo as much as possible first.
    Last edited by Shredmonkey; 06-16-2019 at 06:17 AM.

Elitest thrill junkie
    A Trek.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    How tall, weight, and where you ride? (Just saw NE but maybe more specific, XC, bike park/ski resort or all round trail riding?)

That would help members point you in a direction

mtbr member
    I love my Scott Genius 930 for NE riding.
    All good things in all good time