front fender thread- Mtbr.com
    1*14*29*2.1 & 1*1*29*2.4
    Nov 2009

front fender thread

I just saw Dirtriders thread, and thought I'd be polite and not tag onto it I have the opposite problem where I have to fend off flying grit and spray from my face and eyes in wet conditions. I have a bit of rubber tied between the fork crown and arch, which is good, but doen't quite get it all. Is there a system you guys swear by that is easy to remove, and works well? I hate wearing glasses, as they quickly get fogged and dirty. We normally have very little rain here but this year has been quite wet.

Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010

The fender from "the"

It's so easy to put on I use it on all 3 bikes-need to buy star nut for btm of each extra fork. I think they were on chainlove for $25. I trim mine to fit brake line. I shoulda bought extra the the other day.

1*14*29*2.1 & 1*1*29*2.4
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolie
    It's so easy to put on I use it on all 3 bikes-need to buy star nut for btm of each extra fork. I think they were on chainlove for $25. I trim mine to fit brake line. I shoulda bought extra the the other day.
    Hey thanks...do you have alink or photo? Just tried but "the" is a bad search engine name

awesome
    Crud catcher (down tube), light, easy to remove, the best compromise.

THE DH front fender (moto style), offers the best protection, but it's not light or easy to remove.

dirtbag
    Quote Originally Posted by finch2
    Hey thanks...do you have alink or photo? Just tried but "the" is a bad search engine name
    Toby Henderson Enterprises or www.the-industries.com I used to have one of their front fenders on my old Giant back in the day. It worked pretty well in muddy conditions and yeah, they look "moto"
    Amolan

1*14*29*2.1 & 1*1*29*2.4
    Nov 2009
    Thanks guys. Going by the type of spray I am geting I think the moto style may be the way to go. The star nut fixture sounds good. Do they fit on 29ers ok, or do you need a specific fender? Does the other (crud catcher) fit over down tube cables OK?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have a CRUD front and rear fenders and they work great. Easy to take on/off depending on weather and the are light plastic.

Members who have read this thread: 0