Fox F29 RLC - send it to Fox or Push- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Fox F29 RLC - send it to Fox or Push

I've got a Fox RLC that I've been riding for 3 years and I haven't done any service to it. It's now time. I'm sure it needs an oil change but it also started making a clunking noise and seems very unstable.

Should I have a local shop work on it? (Boston area) Or should I send it back to Fox or to Push? Thanks.

AZ
    banned
    Probably going to need bushings , I vote for sending it to Fox.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott O
    I've got a Fox RLC that I've been riding for 3 years and I haven't done any service to it. It's now time. I'm sure it needs an oil change but it also started making a clunking noise and seems very unstable.

Should I have a local shop work on it? (Boston area) Or should I send it back to Fox or to Push? Thanks.
    You're beyond the warranty period on the fork. Sending it to Fox will mean that your money is going towards returning it back to stock form. I would send it to Push instead. That way your money will be going towards getting the fork customized to your weight and riding style.

Got Twins?
    How much do you trust your LBS? Sounds like your trusted LBS should be able to handle it, I know mine can. If not, then send it in. You may bet faster turn around from Push or Suspension Experts ( I believe they are on the East coast) who may be faster than Fox. I've had no experience with either. I read on the forums that Push has good turnaround times.

My 0.02,
    L8
    Let us Ride!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. I think I'll do the Push thing. Any thoughts on whether the High Volume Air Piston kit is worth it? I don't think I have issues with getting full travel with the current setup. Thanks again.

High Volume Air Piston Kit
    Adding the PUSH High Volume(HV) Air Piston Kit to your fork service provides a more linear air spring curve. Is this for me? It is if you find yourself lowering your fork air pressure to get full travel, but then end up with too much sag. This feature can be added to any FLOAT service for an additional $36.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Contact Push and ask them. They will tell you whether it is recommended for your bike, riding style, etc. They did a superb job on my Fox RP23. It tracked the ground noticeably better.

Members who have read this thread: 0