FOX F120 RL 29 29er fisher Rumblefish 1 FRONT FORK ISSUE WITH LOCKOUT PLEASE HELP- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010

FOX F120 RL 29 29er fisher Rumblefish 1 FRONT FORK ISSUE WITH LOCKOUT PLEASE HELP

So i just bought a fisher rumblefsh 1 2010. I bought it used with about 150 miles on it. When i lockout the front fork, it seems to not truly lock it out. I can still push down on the fork and it will move about 50% of the way down. It is stiffer then when not locked out, but doesnt seem to be locked out as much as it should be. Is this how the FOX F120 RL 29 for is supposed to lockout or does it seem like it should lockout more? Does anyone else have a rumblefish 1 or 2 I or II who has the same issue or who can say theirs locks out much better? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    The Fox forks lockout does ot 100% lock out. If you put your weight on the fork, it will slowly move down. It is designed that way so you don't damage the fork if you hit a large bump with the lockout on.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I just bought a 2011 GF / TREK Paragon 29er with the same 2011 Fox Forks. Same issue. I agree with the above reply. I am also a heavy guy so there is a lttle play depending how much pressure I put on it. I dont think it is anything to worry about.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    First, make sure you're turning the lockout collar all the way; it goes about 270 degrees.

Second, I haven't looked yet, but does it have adjustable lockout force? (See page 61 on this link...)

http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tec...9EnglishOM.pdf

mtbr member
    I have not experience this, but I have read here that if your fork is stored horizontally or upside down (e.g. hanging ftom a bike rack on the wall/roof) the lockout may not work for a few minutes after you take the bike down since some of the oil in the fork needs to settle in the correct position.

Again, not my experience, but I do remember reading something along those lines. Not sure if it's true or not.

mtbr member
    I have a Rumblefish 1 with the same fork. Yes, this is completely normal. The fork is designed to not completely lock out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I also have a R-fish1; sounds normal to me. Thr rear DCRV shock does not lock out completely either.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    MTBR is awesome with everyones help. thanks for the quick replies and input. It just seems dumb that it doesnt lock out more. I'm only 155lbs and can push down on it pretty easy and make it go down 50% of the way. My old stumpy locked out way more and would only allow about 10% of the compression to go. oh well though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Pushing down on the fork is not exactly the same input it receives while riding. with the lock out all the way on; bounce should be very limited, making climb's, sections of smooth path and road boing free. Even while putting down some decent power.

Members who have read this thread: 1