Forks; Pace carbon 29er versus Misfit Psycles aluminum- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Forks; Pace carbon 29er versus Misfit Psycles aluminum

Anyone have experience with both of these forks that can directly compare them?

I know they should be really close in weight (little enough that I don't care) and I don't care about looks. What i'm really after is "ride feel". Would the Pace really do a much better job than the Misfit Psycles one?

I might have the opportunity to pick up a used Pace for a reasonable price, hence my asking. (can't afford a new Niner carbon *shrug*)

Fork would be going on either my Misfit or, perhaps more likely, the Access.

Anyone?

PATIA!
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    For reference I am 150lbs. I had the steering tube cut short so your weights will vary but the Exotic was 830 gm and the misfit was 750 gm (as I recall since I did not write this one down). Have had the misfit fork on my dissent frame and have also ridden an exotic carbon fork (looks similar in construction to the Pace) on my Rig as well as on a Lynskey. Since I rode the forks on different bikes cannot give a direct comparison. The misfit looked like someone took a blowtorch to the underside of the steerer, crown junction, melted it, then just painted over it. Since it was in an area that didn't show once on the bike though it didn't matter. Everything lined up right, it looked great on the bike, the black paint was very tough and the fork gave a surprisingly compliant ride. I could feel everything but the front felt springy. The Exotic looked more finished but I never could get it to hold a headset adjustment. The fork blunted impacts but did so with more of a dead feeling and had less of the "spring" sensation of the misfit. Due to some changes in bikes I changed a bunch of components around recently and had my dissent frame to build up again. Had the exotic fork available too. Could have gone with the Exotic but I ordered another $90 misfit fork. Just liked the ride better and if you are looking for something for your misfit frame, the fork just looks great on it. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Oh, I know all about the Misfit fork. I've owned a number through the years. I think they're one of the best kept secrets in the world of 29er rigid forks personally. I think Peter got a fluke with them. Strong, light, cheap - pick three.

Thank you for your input.
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

Members who have read this thread: 0