Forgive me for I have sinned, though I've repented- Mtbr.com
    In FTF We Trust

Forgive me for I have sinned, though I've repented

Well, I was bored last Fall and I was looking for something to build up as a endurance/24 hour-type race bike for this upcoming season. I did some snooping on the 650b board and decided maybe I'd give that a shot for a change. It looks like the Cannondale Rush bikes work well with the 650b wheels with virtually no change and it works well with the stock geometry so I went looking and found a deal on a Carbon Rush. I bought it and built it up (theoretically) temporarily with 26" wheels and took it out for a few rides.

A few months ago I got honest with myself and decided I didn't want something other than a 29er so I offered the Rush up for a trade or for sale. I decided it was time to get what I had been lusting after for soo long. Here's a few pictures of the Rush before it was adopted out; I'll continue the saga in the next post...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Forgive me for I have sinned, though I've repented-ss850785-2.jpg  

Forgive me for I have sinned, though I've repented-ss850793-2.jpg  

"I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

In FTF We Trust
    So I rode the Rush a few times and remembered why I quit riding 26" bikes. The rides I do around here benefit from the increased momentum of the big wheels and their inherit ability to roll over stuff and not get "hung up". My maiden voyage of the Rush resulted in a nice fat bruise on my knee thanks to the bike coming to a rapid stop when I hit a big rock . So...it went on the block and I found a local guy that was looking for a bike. He got a screaming deal and I actually didn't lose money on a bike for a change .

So it was time to build up my dream bike. I've been lusting after a Mooto-X YBB for years and years. I've tried to figure out how to afford one and have picked up some parts along the way with the intention of a build (the Moots post, stem and Jones Bars) and just about gave up on it last year. I decided that even though (maybe because) I don't get to ride very much lately due to my youngest son requiring lots of time I may as well really enjoy each and every ride.

I may go into detail on the build at a later date, but it's pretty self-explanatory. Needless to say I'm pretty stoked and fired up to get on the trails as soon as the snow melts here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Forgive me for I have sinned, though I've repented-ss850807-2.jpg  

Forgive me for I have sinned, though I've repented-ss850810-2.jpg  

"I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

banned
    glad to see you came to your senses. I used to ride cannondales' pretty much exclusively and I tried riding one since I became enlightened and it didn't go so well. I have yet to meet anyone who actually gave 29ers a chance that went back.

In FTF We Trust
    I bought my first 29er - a Fisher Mt. Tam 29 in 2004 and have been exclusively on 29ers since 2005. I just get bored and hadn't had a carbon bike, lefty or true UST wheelset yet. Now I can mark those off my list and I'm not looking back . One thing I did take away from the experiment is that I personally am not interested in carbon any more and I love true UST.

Hybrid Leftys aren't real Moderator
    That's hawt.

Yeah, Cannondale is asleep at the wheel. I guess only HT's are worthy for 29" wheels in their eyes.

That's bike is on a short list for me, just need $, and a builder. Nothing against Moots mind you, I just want some swoopy tubes with my soft tail, their siren call is too strong, and finding a Merlin Newsboy is taking way too long.....
    Cannondale Lefty and HeadShock servicing, wheel building, etc...

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

In FTF We Trust
    MCC, I do have to say I could see using a Lefty on a 29er sometime soon; I loved the feel of that fork.

mtbr member
    i used to own a carbon rush, and many other dales over the years i was and still a cannondale fanboy, i wish they would finally wake up and come out with something 29er full squish! that moots is so nice dude, looks fast but comfortable... im a convert myself, last year i was absolutely set and going to pick up a cannondale rize and out of curiousity not knowing anything about 29ers i test rode a niner jet 9 they had at the shop, i brought it on the spot! mind you i only rode 26" cannondale duallies since 1998, nothing else! now i ride a niner wfo 9, and i dont regret it one bit. people who doubt these newer 29ers just dont know what they are missing. you did good, now go have fun on her!

mtbr member
    Sweet bike!!!!

In FTF We Trust
    Thanks Mark! I still see a 650b sometime in the future just to give it a try; probably a singlespeed. I got a little (fiscally) carried away but this is a "gonna be buried with it" type bike so I figured I'd go all out.

Hybrid Leftys aren't real Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by el-cid
    I loved the feel of that fork.
    The Lefty claims another victim....

Cannondale Lefty and HeadShock servicing, wheel building, etc...

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

A Surly Maverick
    Your sins are forgiven my friend

That Moots is serious HOTNESS !

They better not bury you with it or grave robbing may become fashionable again

I cannot look at a 26er without thinking that the wheels look too small now.
    Life IS a Beach and then you Corrode :)

FeeRideRules
    Apr 2009
    you're forgiven but just to make sure
    don't forget to say 29 hail mooties & poke your self in the eye
    ILIKENORTHSHOREANDICANNOTLIE
    glory, glory hallelujah...

any1 guess what bike I ride?

Members who have read this thread: 0