Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Focus Raven - Hot or Not?

10K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  helgiberg 
#1 ·
Do you guys think this bike is as hot as i think it is?

FOCUS Bikes: Bikes 2012

I just ordered one in Large and am quite exited about it.

Cheers.
Helgi Berg.

#2 ·
Looks smokin' hot :thumbsup:

Were you able to demo one before ordering? What other makes were you considering?

Not too many Focus dealers in my area currently but looking forward to trying out their road frames as our club is being sponsored by them in 2012..

#4 · (Edited)
I have a 2011 Raven 26er. It's a sweet bike and the frame is quite stiff and it's very responsive... it's a little rocket, but the ride is a little harsh. I would have gotten the 29er, but it wasn't out yet and I'm not too thrilled with the components you get on the 29ers for the price. The 29er has an extra internal routing for a dropper seat post. I dunno about the 29er, but my frame can handle wide tires. I run 2.4/2.2 on it and the rear triangle has more tire clearance than my Reba does.

Oh, I forgot to add... BB drop is pretty extreme on my Raven and I was having trouble getting used to it. I was getting more pedal strikes than normal even using Point 1 Poduims, so I went from the stock 175mm cranks to 165. Haven't had a chance to ride it with the new cranks, but I know I like it better. I have 28" inseam and am 5-7 and the 175's just felt too tall when I start tiring out, especially with the super thin pedals which I didn't really think would make much of a difference, but really did.

#5 ·
Xenophobe:
Well i have been riding the 2011 Raven1 last season and i love it.
That´s why this was a easy desision to make.
So i am getting the 2012 Raven1 as well but as a 29r.
I was thinking about upgrating the wheelset to the Cobalt Carbon, cause i really like how the carbon rims on my 2011 Raven ride... But i will probably wait untill next year to do that.

enr1co:
I didin´t get to do a demo run before ordering but i saw it up close at the Eurobike show in Fredrikshafen last fall and that sealed the deal for me.
If it rides anything close to the 2011 26r then i will be wery happy with it.
I am wery interested in hearing how you liked the road bikes!
This winter i bougth a 2011 season Focus Izalco Pro1 and i am really happy with it, but i am a montainbiker and don´t have that much to compare it to.

Cheers.
Helgi Berg.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.