mtbr member
    Nov 2017

Fezzari Signal Peak?

Anyone ridden one of these yet? Looks great on paper, and a killer deal, but not a whole lot of real world info on them that I can find online. Would be using it for long rides and marathon events.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Iíd like to know too. Iíve been heavily debating getting the Signal Peak Elite.
    Last edited by Drumnatural; 09-23-2018 at 06:58 AM.

mtbr member
    Iím looking at this bike closely as it seems to check all the boxes. It seems like the ďGoldilocksĒ just right bike for my type of riding where the bike has to climb great and be a capable descender. But I am wondering why the weight on some of the reviews is so high. Here is one description:

ďWith a Fox 34 Step Cast fork, XX1 components and it weighing in at only 25lbs, it seems the intended use leans towards the lycra clad XC crowd. I opted to go with a tad wider 30mm internal width Reynolds 309tr wheels and a beefy DHF 2.3 front and DHR 2.3 rear tire combo Ė it still weighs in at only 26lbs. Not too shabby.Ē

https://mtbeu.com/?p=888

Okay so Iím a bit of a weenie, I admit, but 25 lbs seems high for a bike with a 2200 gram frame with XX1, level ultimate brakes, SC fork, Reynolds carbon wheels. There really isnít anything you could do to lighten it up, that is all top of the line stuff. One reviewer says the frame weight is 2000 grams in a size Medium, but the Fezzari website says 2200 grams, either way thatís a pretty darn light frame that should result in some light builds. I would expect their top of the line build to come in at 24lbs.

I live a few minutes away from their shop in Utah, Iím going to check this bike out and maybe demo one if I could get an XL...

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I sat down and looked up each of the components weight that makes up the Signal Peak Elite. Now these weight numbers are what I found from the part manufacturer or a bike mags review. These arenít 100% but should be close enough to get an idea of full bikes weight.

Comes to 24.6 pounds. Only way to really know is to weigh the exact build in person.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    @the boz, would love to hear any review on these that are from real riders, not just the couple articles I read on the bike. Is it even available yet? I'm trying to decide on this bike, Sniper Trail, RM Element, and possibly the new Orbea. These bikes are checking everything I'm looking for, they are all just so new (except for the Element), not many out in the wild yet!

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Box - for comparison same, what do you weigh in at? Iím ~200lbs, and a bit worried the frame might not hold together for a bigger guy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Itís not just the frame to worry about. For most XC wheels Iíve seen state a max rider weight of 220lbs to 230lbs. XC wheels are the options for the Signal Peak.
    2007 Trek 4500
    2014 Specialized Stumpjumper Evo HT

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Any real world ride reports yet?

mtbr member
    May 2016

mtbr member
    I have this bike and freaking love it. Just prior to getting it I was on the new Yeti SB100 for 4 months... don't kill me but I enjoyed the Signal Peak much better.

I can't recommend the Signal enough!

I wrote a review about it here:

2019 Signal Peak - First Look

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LCBooger View Post
    I have this bike and freaking love it. Just prior to getting it I was on the new Yeti SB100 for 4 months... don't kill me but I enjoyed the Signal Peak much better.

Great read. Thanks for that. I am also considered an SB100 and this bike. Can you provide a but more specifics on why you favor the Signal Peak over the SB100 and some additional comparisons of the two?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

I've read you first look. Was hoping for a follow up after more time on it.
    Tallboy 3.1
    OG Ripley v2

mtbr member
    When I wrote that review I had only been on the bike for 100 miles or so, I have well over 700 miles on it now including a 75miles 14k ft race. Super versitile. I've ran it with a 120mm fox 34, 100mm fox 32 and 140mm fox 36. One of the most versitile and playful bikes I've been on. It's rad.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    When I wrote that review I had only been on the bike for 100 miles or so, I have well over 700 miles on it now including a 75miles 14k ft race. Super versitile. I've ran it with a 120mm fox 34, 100mm fox 32 and 140mm fox 36. One of the most versatile and playful bikes I've been on. It's rad.
    How's the bob when climbing. I had a 2012 Specialized and I really didn't like the way the Horst Link squatted down and bobbed while climbing. I know that they all aren't the same, but it seems to be a trait of Horst Link.

Do you have time on any DW link bikes to compare it to?

Thanks
    Tallboy 3.1
    OG Ripley v2

mtbr member
    When I wrote that review I had only been on the bike for 100 miles or so, I have well over 700 miles on it now including a 75miles 14k ft race. Super versitile. I've ran it with a 120mm fox 34, 100mm fox 32 and 140mm fox 36. One of the most versitile and playful bikes I've been on. It's rad.
    Sounds like you took it on the Park City Point to Point race. How did the bike do? I did that one too, on my Niner RKT 9 RDO. With 90mm of travel, that bike climbs great but the never-ending descents on that race were just brutal. The Mid-Mountain trail is a rocky affair with lots of gnarly shale, and rock gardens that are no joke. I don't think my race time would improve much, if at all, with a bike like the Signal Peak, just because the climbs are so long, but I might just finish the race without that bone-jarring feeling that makes me never want to point my bike downhill again...

I talked with the guys at the Fezzari shop and they said that guys are putting 130 and even 140 forks on this bike, when they want to really let it rip, and then 120 for XC. It sounds like a really versatile steed.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    LC what size are you on? Standover height on Med at 781 seems enormous... my crotch is already quivering

mtbr member
    I also looked at the Yeti SB 100, which looks like a great bike. But the switch infinity system results in pretty thick and heavy frame and some overall heavy builds. Plus its another pivot point to clean, if not maintain. I haven't ridden it though, it has great reviews so I'm sure it doesn't disappoint. One thing for sure is the Yeti is the cost, $3400 for the frame! That is a big jump from the $2,000 frame cost of the Fezzari, for the extra $1,400 you could buy a lot of nice components...

Living the Dream
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    I also looked at the Yeti SB 100, which looks like a great bike. But the switch infinity system results in pretty thick and heavy frame and some overall heavy builds. Plus its another pivot point to clean, if not maintain. I haven't ridden it though, it has great reviews so I'm sure it doesn't disappoint. One thing for sure is the Yeti is the cost, $3400 for the frame! That is a big jump from the $2,000 frame cost of the Fezzari, for the extra $1,400 you could buy a lot of nice components...
    I test rode an SB100 for three days in Norcal. Sweet descending bike, but I liked the way my RIPMO climbed much better. Also, I have a Signal Peak waiting to get built up for endurance racing, but I am waiting for the new XTR 12 Speed to build it up.
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by n1cholasj View Post
    Box - for comparison same, what do you weigh in at? Iím ~200lbs, and a bit worried the frame might not hold together for a bigger guy.
    I've been looking hard at this bike as well as the La Sal Peak... I'm 255 without gear, so definitely a concern around weight. I don't think the frame would be a problem, but as posted earlier, wheels are a consideration. I'd probably swap out the spec'ed wheelset for the TR309S. Fezzari is really good about customizing your build.

I'd still like to see some more rider feedback. I was able to briefly visit their shop last week, and they said they are selling them like crazy. Apparently just not to people who post things on the Internet. I was impressed seeing the bikes in person, though.