dmo
    mtbr member

Fezzari LSP frames vs competition

This xposted from the Frame forum but i thought id post here too...

The Fezzari LSP is getting pretty good reviews. Their frame is $2500 vs $3100 for an Evil Offering or even more for a SB150. Forget about ride quality for a moment. Does consumer direct sales allow Fezzari to offer the LSP at a lower price or is there somewhere else they can save costs (carbon, quality control of factory etc) assuming they have the same margins?

Ive had carbon wheels made by Nox and Nextie and found the quality to be pretty much the same. Can you say the same about carbon frames even with lifetime warranties and 30 day return policies?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    There's a few other things probably going on that affect price. First, they don't have internal cable tubes. I confirmed this with Fezzari by email. That costs less to manufacture than a frame from a big name brand with tubes-in-tubes. Second, their frame weights are really light, which probably means they are using less material than others. Some of that may be due to their goofy sizing (if you go by ETT, they're off by a full size, i.e. a med is like a small from others). But a lot of it is probably due to just using less carbon. Evil's frames are super overbuilt, to the point where the head tube is beefy enough that they can run twin crown DH forks on some of their bikes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dmo View Post
    This xposted from the Frame forum but i thought id post here too...

The Fezzari LSP is getting pretty good reviews. Their frame is $2500 vs $3100 for an Evil Offering or even more for a SB150. Forget about ride quality for a moment. Does consumer direct sales allow Fezzari to offer the LSP at a lower price or is there somewhere else they can save costs (carbon, quality control of factory etc) assuming they have the same margins?
    I don't know anything about the quality of Fezzari frames (although I've seen some good reviews), but certainly direct-to-consumer cuts the middleman (aka - bicycle shop / online retailer) out of the equation. So this is definitely going to allow Fezzari to sell at a lower price point and still maintain the same margins.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Evil's frames are super overbuilt, to the point where the head tube is beefy enough that they can run twin crown DH forks on some of their bikes.
    https://www.evil-bikes.com/pages/warranty-policy
    EVIL 3 YEAR LIMITED FRAME WARRANTY

https://www.fezzari.com/whyfezzari/betterguarantee
    FEZZARI LIFETIME WARRANTY