Fellow 29ers at Tour De Palm Springs?- Mtbr.com
    Compulsive Bike Builder

Fellow 29ers at Tour De Palm Springs?

Is anyone else on this board planning on riding the Tour De Palm Springs this Sat?

Weatherman calls for highs in the low 80s. So Cal winters can be hard to endure, but I have learned to cope.

100 miles, very flat, I use it is my mid-winter motivate myself and get back in shape ride. Have done it for like 5 years in a row now, usually like a 5000 rider turn out.

Will be there with one of my 29ers - the one that converts to roadie use when needed. Might be an opportunity to meet others here.
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

Team Velveeta™

Tour de Notformethisyear

Quote Originally Posted by DirtDad
    Is anyone else on this board planning on riding the Tour De Palm Springs this Sat?...100 miles, very flat, I use it is my mid-winter motivate myself and get back in shape ride. Have done it for like 5 years in a row now, usually like a 5000 rider turn out.

Will be there with one of my 29ers - the one that converts to roadie use when needed. Might be an opportunity to meet others here.
    I've done it half a dozen times over the years, and I think the last three in a row. My parents live in the valley. I did it one year on a Fisher RedYellowBlue Supercal29 with touring tires. Think that would have been '04.

Missing it this year because of commitments that I can't ignore. It's a fun day. From here in CO, it's always just wonderful to be able to ride in short sleeves for a day in February. I could really use that just now actually.

I need to explore more of the offroad riding that's available around the Coachella Valley. I'm usually there to spend quality time with the folks and/or my wife, and none of them enjoy rolling on dirt in that special way.

Enjoy it. I have never been part of a clog of cyclists in a suburban evironment on a scale like that in any other event. It's amazing; like a huge republican-oid critical mass.

Watch out for my dad, he's a medium-big geezer on a Specialized Sequoia with a cheap helmet on lopsided and a goofy grin on his face (and a drop of sweat always hanging from the tip of his nose if it's hot). You won't see him on the century course, though you may have him show up and try to help you if you flat out early and can be seen working on repairs roadside.
    Last edited by team_bfd; 02-08-2006 at 04:41 PM. Reason: typo found-o
    Tom Purvis - Salida, CO - http://teamvelveeta.tom-purvis.com

"I like my wimmen like I like my beer--cold and bitter!"

Members who have read this thread: 0