Favored forks of 2006?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17

    Favored forks of 2006?

    Hello all.

    I'm seriously considering a 29" bike this year for a xc race/commuter steed. Also, I will probably ride 1x9.

    Anyway, what are your favorite forks around the 100mm range and why??

    Thanks for the feedback.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Go Kart Motzart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofspeed
    Hello all.

    I'm seriously considering a 29" bike this year for a xc race/commuter steed. Also, I will probably ride 1x9.

    Anyway, what are your favorite forks around the 100mm range and why??

    Thanks for the feedback.
    Not to be a smarta$$, but it will probably be the same forks as 05 as not much has changed in the 29'er fork world.

    It's hard to be a Reba for quality and value. It would be my choice right now regardless of budget.

  3. #3

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Kart Motzart
    Not to be a smarta$$, but it will probably be the same forks as 05 as not much has changed in the 29'er fork world.

    It's hard to be a Reba for quality and value. It would be my choice right now regardless of budget.
    You do have a point about changes and the the Reba is one to consider.

    Anyone ride the '05 White Bros forks?

  4. #4
    mechmann_mtb
    Guest
    there have been a few reports of IMV users. all of them have been favorable. i went with the REBA for my first build though. made the wife much happier since it lowered the price on the build

  5. #5

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17
    to the top.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    46
    I ride a reba on my rig and have a wb .8 on my dos niner. I, hands down, like the wb over the reba. It is just so much more consistent and smooth in my opinion. I like is so much more that I bought the new imv to replace the reba on my rig with it. The imv seems heavy though, but if the lockout feature works well, I think I will overlook the added weight.

    Just my thoughts.

  7. #7
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,814
    Quote Originally Posted by rhadrj
    I ride a reba on my rig and have a wb .8 on my dos niner. I, hands down, like the wb over the reba. It is just so much more consistent and smooth in my opinion. I like is so much more that I bought the new imv to replace the reba on my rig with it. The imv seems heavy though, but if the lockout feature works well, I think I will overlook the added weight.

    Just my thoughts.
    which is better looking?

    that's an easy question for me as the Reba appears to have been manufactered post 1994.

  8. #8

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    which is better looking?

    that's an easy question for me as the Reba appears to have been manufactered post 1994.

    Although function is sometimes of equal importance as fashion, I would submit that is not the case here.

    I had a WB SC90 from '97-99; it was not pretty to look at (matte gray and silver) yet quite plush and rigid. Those are some of the traits I am searching for again.

  9. #9
    Law
    Law is offline
    45 gone, 15 to go
    Reputation: Law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    which is better looking?

    that's an easy question for me as the Reba appears to have been manufactered post 1994.

    I agree! I think that the old WB forks were better looking than the present ones.
    my builder: Neil at Cernitz Bike

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.