Favored forks of 2006?- Mtbr.com

Feb 2006

Favored forks of 2006?

Hello all.

I'm seriously considering a 29" bike this year for a xc race/commuter steed. Also, I will probably ride 1x9.

Anyway, what are your favorite forks around the 100mm range and why??

Thanks for the feedback.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofspeed
    Hello all.

I'm seriously considering a 29" bike this year for a xc race/commuter steed. Also, I will probably ride 1x9.

Anyway, what are your favorite forks around the 100mm range and why??

Thanks for the feedback.
    Not to be a smarta$$, but it will probably be the same forks as 05 as not much has changed in the 29'er fork world.

It's hard to be a Reba for quality and value. It would be my choice right now regardless of budget.

Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Kart Motzart
    Not to be a smarta$$, but it will probably be the same forks as 05 as not much has changed in the 29'er fork world.

It's hard to be a Reba for quality and value. It would be my choice right now regardless of budget.
    You do have a point about changes and the the Reba is one to consider.

Anyone ride the '05 White Bros forks?

mechmann_mtb
    there have been a few reports of IMV users. all of them have been favorable. i went with the REBA for my first build though. made the wife much happier since it lowered the price on the build

Feb 2006
    to the top.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I ride a reba on my rig and have a wb .8 on my dos niner. I, hands down, like the wb over the reba. It is just so much more consistent and smooth in my opinion. I like is so much more that I bought the new imv to replace the reba on my rig with it. The imv seems heavy though, but if the lockout feature works well, I think I will overlook the added weight.

Just my thoughts.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by rhadrj
    I ride a reba on my rig and have a wb .8 on my dos niner. I, hands down, like the wb over the reba. It is just so much more consistent and smooth in my opinion. I like is so much more that I bought the new imv to replace the reba on my rig with it. The imv seems heavy though, but if the lockout feature works well, I think I will overlook the added weight.

Just my thoughts.
    which is better looking?

that's an easy question for me as the Reba appears to have been manufactered post 1994.

Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    which is better looking?

that's an easy question for me as the Reba appears to have been manufactered post 1994.

Although function is sometimes of equal importance as fashion, I would submit that is not the case here.

I had a WB SC90 from '97-99; it was not pretty to look at (matte gray and silver) yet quite plush and rigid. Those are some of the traits I am searching for again.

Law
    45 gone, 15 to go
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    which is better looking?

I agree! I think that the old WB forks were better looking than the present ones.
    my builder: Neil at Cernitz Bike

Members who have read this thread: 0