Factory 29er wheelset- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Factory 29er wheelset

I'm looking at 29er factory wheelset brand "Fulcrum Red Metal 29 SL Disc Wheelset 2010". Anyone had experiences with this wheelset? The Shimano XT cost more and the Sun ringle i'm no sure.

Formerly of Kent
    Fulcrum is a brand owned by Campagnolo.

As such, I'm sure their hubs are fine. No clue about the rest of the wheelset, however.

mtbr member
    Thanks and I know thier owner is Campag, I was just wondering if anyone had any use them as I can buy them a lot cheaper than other factory wheelset and thier about 2kg weight.

Rider and Wrench
    Someone recently asked about this same wheelset in this forum, have you tried the search route? It was not more than 2-3 weeks ago-
    I Just wish I could ride more!

mtbr member
    I did search but nobody seem have said anything about Fulcrum Red 29er or 26er version? I just like to know if they have some issues?

Tulsa
    use the search function for a review, if there is none, and you buy some, do us the favor and let us know what you think please. I looked at them also but got nervous and just bought a set made by a member here.
    wherever you go, there you are

There's always next year.
    <Raises Hand> I've had a pair for about 7 months now. Originally on a Pivot 429 from Speedgoat, and they're now sitting on a back-up hardtail build. Wheelset is pretty dang stiff, hubs roll nice and easy, and the rims are still straight and true (I'm now 212ish lbs, down from 238 when I got them in Feb)

There is no mistaking them for lightweight wheels-- my I9s blow them out of the water acceleration and engagement wise, but they're FAR more expensive. The prices have continued to drop on them it seems this summer, so they're getting to be better buys-- go get them and run them into the ground!

mtbr member
    I'm gonna go for custom build via LBS, its about the same price as the Falcum factory build. Its trusted build and I know its gonna keep on rolling, see specs below.

XT hubs
    DT Swiss revo spokes
    Mavic 29er Rims

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabeRacer
    I'm gonna go for custom build via LBS, its about the same price as the Falcum factory build. Its trusted build and I know its gonna keep on rolling, see specs below.

XT hubs
    DT Swiss revo spokes
    Mavic 29er Rims

I just had a similar set built by Bicycle Wheel World and love them. Not the lightest build, but neither am I. Mine were black XT 6-bolt hubs, black DT comp spokes, black brass nipples and Mavic TN719 rims. I don't think you can go wrong with the build you're using.

Sup
    I have fulcrum wheels on my 26er
    the have held up great
    thinking of getting a set for my 29er
    they hold out mud and did not require very much maintance in the 600 miles so far this year - tightened the rear axel once took 5 minutes
    steel free hub body is nice also
    I will proubably go with the xlrs because I like the rims of my red metal 3s

Members who have read this thread: 0