Evil Offering Sizing Help!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2020

Evil Offering Sizing Help!

Hi Guys,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I got a sweet deal on a Evil Offering in XL and want to make it work in terms of fitment. I am 6'2 with shoes and according to the evil website i should be in a large frame. That being said is it unrealistic for me to ride this frame? I am coming from a hardtail that felt a bit undersized and this will be my first full suspension.

I am thinking of putting on a Raceface turbine R 32mm stem, for the fork i am unsure which travel would help me get the bike to be more comfortable. I dont do any crazy downhill stuff, just chill flowy trails. Thanks so much, really appreciate any feedback.

Bryan
    Last edited by bshmail24; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    What’s the ETT, Reach, standover height of some bikes that you’ve ridden in the past? If they’re in a similar range to the XL Offering then you should be good.

mtbr member
    Dec 2019
    I recently purchased the new Ibis Ripmo v2 in a size large and I'm 5,9. I've demoed the Evil Offering in a size large and the top tube was the ideal length with only the seat tube not being ideal for my height.

You may be able to push the seat slightly forward on its rails to steepen the seat angle improving climbing performance. I think some manufactures should update the sizing guidelines with the current trend of bikes putting the rider in a more upright position. Take a look on the Norco Bikes webpage for the Norco Optic which puts you square in the middle of the extra large in their "Ride Aligned" size guide.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    I am 6' 0" on a good day and have ridden XL bicycles across the board from many brands. I got an Evil Wreckoning LB in xl without a demo and it feels just a bit too long (reach). I've pushed the seat forward and am looking to change the 40 mm stem to 32/31 mm.

The offering's reach is about an inch longer than the wreckoning, and I don't think I could make an Offering XL work. I'm thinking at 6' 2", it's doable for you. To shorten things I suppose you could: (a) roll the handlebars in a bit towards you. (b) push the seat forward (c) buy a shorter stem as you plan on doing. (d) get Ergon GP3 grips (e) get a handlebar with 16 sweep.

One last thing occurred to me the other night - that I have gotten used to riding in a very upright position (and having almost all my weight on my butt) and perhaps that is what makes me feel that the wreckoning is bit too long. If I prefered a more balanced posture - angled forward from your hips and more weight on your hands, then the Wreckoning would be perfect for me as it is.

mtbr member
    Apr 2020

Evil Offering Sizing Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty13 View Post
    I am 6' 0" on a good day and have ridden XL bicycles across the board from many brands. I got an Evil Wreckoning LB in xl without a demo and it feels just a bit too long (reach). I've pushed the seat forward and am looking to change the 40 mm stem to 32/31 mm.

The offering's reach is about an inch longer than the wreckoning, and I don't think I could make an Offering XL work. I'm thinking at 6' 2", it's doable for you. To shorten things I suppose you could: (a) roll the handlebars in a bit towards you. (b) push the seat forward (c) buy a shorter stem as you plan on doing. (d) get Ergon GP3 grips (e) get a handlebar with 16 sweep.

One last thing occurred to me the other night - that I have gotten used to riding in a very upright position (and having almost all my weight on my butt) and perhaps that is what makes me feel that the wreckoning is bit too long. If I prefered a more balanced posture - angled forward from your hips and more weight on your hands, then the Wreckoning would be perfect for me as it is.

Wow thank you so much for such a detailed response! I hope it fits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bshmail24; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:21 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    You're welcome. If it's too big for you, I'll take it off your hands for $1,500 + shipping. Not even kidding. I'll find a way to make it work. Hoping you enjoy your ride!

P.S. My Ape Index is 1.028 or +2 inches
    P.P.S. if you change all the things I mentioned, you'll probably distort the bike geometry somewhat.
    P.P.P.S. Be warned however, I'd hate to lead anyone astray. I am not one of the stalwarts of these forums like Jayem and many others. Please take my thoughts with a large shaker of salt.

mbtr member
    I'm 6'3 and i'd have no trouble at all riding the XL offering. My main bike fits bigger. IMO evils fit small.
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty13 View Post
    You're welcome. If it's too big for you, I'll take it off your hands for $1,500 + shipping. Not even kidding. I'll find a way to make it work. Hoping you enjoy your ride!

P.S. My Ape Index is 1.028 or +2 inches
    P.P.S. if you change all the things I mentioned, you'll probably distort the bike geometry somewhat.
    P.P.P.S. Be warned however, I'd hate to lead anyone astray. I am not one of the stalwarts of these forums like Jayem and many others. Please take my thoughts with a large shaker of salt.

Haha I will let you know, thanks for the comments!

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by scottzg View Post
    I'm 6'3 and i'd have no trouble at all riding the XL offering. My main bike fits bigger. IMO evils fit small.

Appreciate the info! Makes me feel better!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by scottzg View Post
    I'm between 6'2" & 6'3" without shoes (since OP mentioned he was 6'2" with shoes) and I found the XL Offering spot on in fit when I demo'd it 3 times at Outerbike last year. I think they had 40 or 50mm stems on the demos there. I agree with scottzg that Evils fit a little small and that their sizing charts seem rather conservative. Btw, I rode 11 bikes that weekend and it was my favorite!

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by newman17 View Post
    I'm between 6'2" & 6'3" without shoes (since OP mentioned he was 6'2" with shoes) and I found the XL Offering spot on in fit when I demo'd it 3 times at Outerbike last year. I think they had 40 or 50mm stems on the demos there. I agree with scottzg that Evils fit a little small and that their sizing charts seem rather conservative. Btw, I rode 11 bikes that weekend and it was my favorite!

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know if a 140 or a 150mm fork would be better if running a bigger bike? Would one of them make the bike feel not as big? Thanks!