Duke 29er test ride report- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Duke 29er test ride report

After 3 rides including a night ride and a 4.5 hour epic this morning, I have only good things to say about the Duke 29er. Coming off a rigid SS Karate Monkey, I imediately noticed the smoothness of the ride. I was taking down hill sections faster than guys on 4-5 inch FS bikes. So needless to say, I am extremely happy w/ the outcome. While the shape may be ackward, it gives me the standover height that I need. The bend also makes for a very comfortable shoulder spot. No doubt, this will be my new enduro race bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Truely great that you are so happy with your new ride. Enjoy!

Law
    45 gone, 15 to go
    Quote Originally Posted by rconceptsinc
    After 3 rides including a night ride and a 4.5 hour epic this morning, I have only good things to say about the Duke 29er. Coming off a rigid SS Karate Monkey, I imediately noticed the smoothness of the ride. I was taking down hill sections faster than guys on 4-5 inch FS bikes. So needless to say, I am extremely happy w/ the outcome. While the shape may be ackward, it gives me the standover height that I need. The bend also makes for a very comfortable shoulder spot. No doubt, this will be my new enduro race bike.

I was wondering about the shoulder bit....the cables don't get in the way?
    my builder: Neil at Cernitz Bike

mtbr member
    Excellent!!! I'm glad that it's working well for you.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I'm glad your bike is working out for you especially after some of the harsh comments it came in for. I personally sort of like riding bikes that everyone else thinks are wierd. Any issues with Reba clearance on the downtube?
    Enjoy the ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LJintheUK
    I'm glad your bike is working out for you especially after some of the harsh comments it came in for. I personally sort of like riding bikes that everyone else thinks are wierd. Any issues with Reba clearance on the downtube?
    thought there was at first....but its ok now

Members who have read this thread: 0