Divorcing 26 and moving in with 29- Mtbr.com
    PSYCHOLUST

Divorcing 26 and moving in with 29

I feel as though I have finally moved on. After building my first 29er last season and falling madly in love, I think I am over 26ers for good.
    Last season I built a Niner One9 SS and had my best season of racing ever. I still rode my FS Kona 26ers once in a while, on epic, all day grindfests, thinking that their gears and suspension were enough to keep us together. But I could not get over the way those 26" wheels seemed to hang up on roots and rocks and they were constantly complaining " slow down."
    Well, yesterday I was in my favorite shop and noticed a beautiful young thing trying to get my attention. She is a 2011 Giant XTC29er 1.
    She has the gears and the suspension (front) that I enjoy riding in certain conditions and she has those beautiful 29 inch wheels I cannot get enough of.
    So here I am, my ONE9, pretty much my main squeeze and my
    Surly CrossCheck SS(700c) for those rides when it's the perfect mount and now my shiny new XTC29er1 for days when I'm in the mood for gears and some travel.

Now, I have to figure out what to do with 20 years worth of bike and frames and forks, wheels and tires and STUFF, I know I will NEVER ride again.

Apr 2007
    I demand pics.

mtbr member
    See threads like this just don't help me having just received my first smutty looks from the 29" glamour girl patiently waiting for me (and her wheels) in my garage...

Members who have read this thread: 0