Dillinger picture and discussion thread- Mtbr.com
    Plant Eater

Dillinger picture and discussion thread

Great bike that deserves a thread to show and discuss our bikes so if you own a dillinger subscribe and enjoy[ATTACH][ATTACH]Dillinger picture and discussion thread-dillinger-007-640x480-.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dillinger picture and discussion thread-dillinger-006-640x480-.jpg  

Dillinger picture and discussion thread-dillinger-003-640x480-.jpg  

Dillinger picture and discussion thread-dillinger-001-800x600-640x480-.jpg  

Last edited by clj766; 07-20-2011 at 06:28 PM.
    Gen. 4 Raw Dillinger

Oh Yeah Baby

Misfit Psycles diSSent
    Trek CrossRip Comp

Plant Eater
    What size of frame you riding and how tall are you?
    Last edited by clj766; 07-20-2011 at 06:29 PM.
    Gen. 4 Raw Dillinger

Oh Yeah Baby
    I am just a tad over 6' tall with a 32" inseam. I am riding the 18" frame.
    Misfit Psycles diSSent
    Trek CrossRip Comp

mtbr member
    Gen 4 Raw Size Small. Currently set up for commuting but a quick switch to an ignitor/ardent set up and it is awesome on the trail. The Big Apple in a 2.35 makes for a fast fun commute. No worries about flats and bent rims like on my old road bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dillinger picture and discussion thread-dillinger-r.jpg  

Dillinger picture and discussion thread-dillinger-l.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice bikes guys! Dango Dog, sweet bike but your chain is too short.....the derailleur is going to be toast soon if you don't add a link or two.

Plant Eater
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocker99 View Post
    I am just a tad over 6' tall with a 32" inseam. I am riding the 18" frame.
    I'm 5' 10" and also ride a large currently running a 100mm stem but eager to try a 70mm and maybe a riser bar. Have you tried out any other bars how are those marys? Dango dog sweet multi use setup.
    Gen. 4 Raw Dillinger

Oh Yeah Baby
    I do like the Marys quite a bit. I started off running Monkeylite CF riser bars. I have a some Answer ProTapers coming tomorrow in gold. I had a 90mm stem on the bike for about 3 days and the cockpit just felt too cramped. The 110mm feels about right for me.
    Misfit Psycles diSSent
    Trek CrossRip Comp

Plant Eater
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocker99 View Post
    I do like the Marys quite a bit. I started off running Monkeylite CF riser bars. I have a some Answer ProTapers coming tomorrow in gold. I had a 90mm stem on the bike for about 3 days and the cockpit just felt too cramped. The 110mm feels about right for me.
    I was thinking maybe the monkey light cf bar would be nice to try do you feel like the upright position and carbon fiber helped out comfort wise compared to the sweeping mary bars?
    Gen. 4 Raw Dillinger

mtbr member
    Dango Dog, what mudguard is that? Do you like it?

mtbr member

Here's mine, I love it but I'm afraid it hasn't been ridden that much of late, I have given it some new brakes though (Avid Elixr CR) and promised it that I will put the other two bikes down sometime soon!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    My 2 Dillinger's...

Generation 2 Single speed with Reba.

Generation 4 2x10 with Souls prototype Ti fork.

Both great bikes, but I am partial to the SS with the Reba.

Plant Eater
    idlehands how's that TI fork compared to the steel one?
    Gen. 4 Raw Dillinger

mtbr member

My contribution

Hy guys
    I am 5'10" 31" inseam using a G4 18" frame as Chad at Soul Cycle suggested, supper cool guy and very customer service oriented I must said, 70mm 0 degree Thonsom stem, rigid by now and a Reba on the way.
    I have been playing with this toy a few month now and it is amazing, I think the geo is on spot, the bike is quick and nimble and the fork is wonderful too.
    Not in the bling side but reliable

In my workshop, dirty hands is a state of mind

mtbr member
    @TS818. It's a planet bike grunge board. I'm happy with it.

@jssummer. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by clj766 View Post
    idlehands how's that TI fork compared to the steel one?
    Not really allowed to go into details about it yet since there are already changes being made to it (Some of those reasons are posted on the Soul blog). I will say with a cut steerer that it weighs 1 lb on the dot.

agu
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Dilling Ti fork. Want! hehehe

Any chance that forward-facing fork dropouts will be incorporated into the design?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by agu View Post

Any chance that forward-facing fork dropouts will be incorporated into the design?

Probably not. Its the same spec as the Dillinger steel fork, 485 a2c and 45mm offset. The geometry on it matched to the Dillinger frame is spot on.

agu
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    @IdleHands

That's alright. I'm digging how the current Dillinger fork rides - Chad and the rest of the Soul Cycles crew has got the geo dialed indeed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by agu View Post
    @IdleHands

That's alright. I'm digging how the current Dillinger fork rides - Chad and the rest of the Soul Cycles crew has got the geo dialed indeed.
    You'll definitely like the Ti then, it takes a ton of the vibration out of the front end that is present with the steel forks. Once the "excessive flex" issue is worked out, I think Chad will have a winner with this one for the price it'll be selling for.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IdleHands View Post
    Probably not. Its the same spec as the Dillinger steel fork, 485 a2c and 45mm offset. The geometry on it matched to the Dillinger frame is spot on.
    Weird, my Dillinger Steel Fork has forward facing drop outs...

Oh Yeah Baby
    I was thinking maybe the monkey light cf bar would be nice to try do you feel like the upright position and carbon fiber helped out comfort wise compared to the sweeping mary bars?
    I generally tend to like risers. And I always run my bars just a tad above saddle height. Ive always been comfortable. The Mary's seem to alleviate some of the numbness I get in my hands on longer rides. It seemed easier for me to lift the rear wheel over bigger obstacles. I just felt like I had more leverage.

I will be able to better tell how much I really like them or not after I switch back to a different set of risers tonight. I have wide shoulders and think switching back to regular style risers will better suit my riding.

Here is a pic of the cf risers I had on it in the beginnning. I'll take updated pics after installing the Pro-Tapers later this evening.

Last edited by Shocker99; 07-25-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    Misfit Psycles diSSent
    Trek CrossRip Comp

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    Weird, my Dillinger Steel Fork has forward facing drop outs...
    Might be one of the older ones? The new ones are all like this.

The Ti one is the same way.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Here's my Dillinger. Not pictured- a raw Soul rigid fork, white Soma Clarence bars (Mary knockoffs), and an X.9 2x9 drivetrain. I've been off the bike for 12 weeks because of a wrist injury, so I've been playing around with all sorts of configurations and this is the one I'm going to try once I get the OK from the doctor (should be soon!)

Sorry it's a crappy picture, I don't have the cable for my camera. Good thread idea, nice rides everyone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dillinger picture and discussion thread-bike.jpg  

mtbr member
    Might be one of the older ones? The new ones are all like this.

The Ti one is the same way.

Mine should of been one of the new ones, it is a raw steel one with the brazing on show...

agu
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    You'll definitely like the Ti then, it takes a ton of the vibration out of the front end that is present with the steel forks. Once the "excessive flex" issue is worked out, I think Chad will have a winner with this one for the price it'll be selling for.
    I'll be waiting as patiently as I can hehe!

Here's a snap of our demo Dillinger...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dillinger picture and discussion thread-new-dd.jpg  

Slave to the grind

My Purple People Eater

repainted an old demo unit.

Oh how i love thee!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dillinger picture and discussion thread-img00895-20110723-0924.jpg  

Let it flow, let yourself go, slow and low, that is the tempo.

mtbr member
    Some bikepacking on the Dillinger

Plant Eater
    Quote Originally Posted by Midle Age Warrior View Post
    Hy guys
    I am 5'10" 31" inseam using a G4 18" frame as Chad at Soul Cycle suggested, supper cool guy and very customer service oriented I must said, 70mm 0 degree Thonsom stem, rigid by now and a Reba on the way.
    I have been playing with this toy a few month now and it is amazing, I think the geo is on spot, the bike is quick and nimble and the fork is wonderful too.
    Not in the bling side but reliable

I second chads customer service I bought my frame used on craiglist and it only came with a single speed hanger I called chad and asked him if I could order one he said no problem it was in the mail a few days later free of charge. Anyone have any pictures of that new bike they are working on I think it was a full suspension?
    Gen. 4 Raw Dillinger

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I second chads customer service I bought my frame used on craiglist and it only came with a single speed hanger I called chad and asked him if I could order one he said no problem it was in the mail a few days later free of charge. Anyone have any pictures of that new bike they are working on I think it was a full suspension?
    The "Analog" or what was called the "Vegas" as a code name is the 26er version that I have been testing. The "Digital" will be the 29er version.

Plant Eater
    I must say my rigid fork is growing on me for technical hills and rock gardens. The dillinger sure has excellent geo for climbing and turning.
    Gen. 4 Raw Dillinger

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I must say my rigid fork is growing on me for technical hills and rock gardens. The dillinger sure has excellent geo for climbing and turning.
    Same here. Coming from a DH/FR background, the whole 29er thing is new to me in the last 6-7 months anyways, and I have never spent much time on a rigid at all until now.

Last night I rolled out 26 miles of technical Arizona trails on the Ti test fork and was actually pretty amazed at how well the Dillinger does climb through some of the chunky stuff with a rigid fork up front.

Plant Eater
    any other dillingers on here?
    Gen. 4 Raw Dillinger

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    any idea when the ti fork will be available?

agu
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    did someone say more? Here we go...

Plant Eater
    Let's talk tires, I have been running some 2.0 fast tracks F/R and I'm getting to the point I really want to try some fatter tires, and maybe a suspension fork but that's a discussion for later. The trails around here are full of roots with the occasional rock garden. I'm not looking for a particular tire but more sizing. What sizes of tires have you guys tried on your dillingers?
    Gen. 4 Raw Dillinger

Oh Yeah Baby
    Hey, the 2 main trails that I ride locally are full of roots with the occasional rock garden thats for sure.

So I ditched the front 2.2 Race King in favor of a Panaracer 2.35 and swapped out my ODI Ruffians for some Ergon grips. My fingers were getting pretty numb at the 45 minute to 1 hour mark. Shortly thereafter, a Reba SL fell into my lap and now I'm riding "Cadillac-style".

The first couple of rides I really missed my SC rigid fork and hated the extra weight that came with running the suspension fork. However, its been about 2 weeks and I am really getting used to the 100mm of travel added to my sweet Dilly.

I still miss riding rigid and will finish my side-project build(GF Rig) & keep it as a rigid 29er for select trails.
    Last edited by Shocker99; 09-11-2011 at 03:28 PM.
    Misfit Psycles diSSent
    Trek CrossRip Comp

Plant Eater
    Shocker are you from Charlotte?
    Gen. 4 Raw Dillinger

Oh Yeah Baby
    Shocker are you from Charlotte?

[email protected], I most certainly am. How'd you know that ??

EDIT: I see from your profile that you are from Charlotte too.

Rode Sherman for the first time about 3 weeks ago. Hit BYT for the first time yesterday.

Im usually at Francis Beatty or Anne Springs most evenings during the week.

-Doug
    Misfit Psycles diSSent
    Trek CrossRip Comp

Plant Eater
    I remember hearing your name at the trail blazers meeting last month. Sounds like you are real happy with your new fork did you consider 80mm?
    Gen. 4 Raw Dillinger

Oh Yeah Baby
    I did consider 80mm b/c I thought that was it was designed for.

However, the guy(original owner) I bought the frame and fork from said 100mm was the way to go. He assisted with the build and happened to come across the Reba SL I put on the Dilly. The fork was originally at 120mm I do believe.

After riding BYT with all the gap jumps and am quickly becoming a fan of the suspension fork.
    Misfit Psycles diSSent
    Trek CrossRip Comp

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

anyone know when new frames will be available?

site says late summer, there's no way they mean next summer!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    All sizes available late Oct 2011..... Just heard it from Chad via email today.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Sorry if this has been covered but I didn't see any comments yet, for those of you running your Dillinger SS, any problems with a noisy or slipping eccentric? I've been close to pulling the trigger on one to replace a frame with sliders but I'm really not a fan of eccentrics, generally. I do, however like everything I've heard and seen so far with the Dillinger - you single speeders happy with yours?

mtbr member
    My EBB used to creak a lot if I'm honest. A bit of copper grease usually solved that though.

It made a great SS bike, I enjoyed the ride, but it wasn't getting ridden enough to warrant keeping...

Plant Eater
    Anyone recall the torque specks for the EBB studs?
    Gen. 4 Raw Dillinger

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Thanks Just J, I don't mind maintenance, I've just heard too many stories of EBBs needing lot's of attention to keep them quiet but I'm still liking everything else about the Dillinger - It's on the short list for sure!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    If anyone is looking to sell a M or L frame I'm in the market. I really want to get my hands on one of the older green ones but I'll settle for anything

Slave to the grind
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty904 View Post
    If anyone is looking to sell a M or L frame I'm in the market. I really want to get my hands on one of the older green ones but I'll settle for anything

we have a couple frames in stock but ummm we're based out of the Philippines
    Let it flow, let yourself go, slow and low, that is the tempo.

mtbr member
    Anyone recall the torque specks for the EBB studs?
    Low 20 works for me

Trail Junkie

Soul Cycle Dillinger

Here's a couple of mine

I run a Rockshox Reba RLT Ti and the Dillinger white fork optionally of course
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dillinger picture and discussion thread-reduced.jpg  

Dillinger picture and discussion thread-soul2.jpg  

Ibis Ripley LS
    Santa Cruz Chameleon SS
    Cervelo S2
    Trek Boone 5 Disc (Gravel)
    GT Piece Tour (Gravel)

mtbr member

Reba size

What size and year is your Rockshox Reba RLT Ti ?? it is adjustable in size ??
    By the way good looking bike cheers

Trail Junkie
    Thanks. The Reba is set to 100mm. I am pretty sure they are internally adjustable for 80-120 with the use of the spacers. The fork was originally black, and repainted it white along with the crankset to tie in with the stem, wheels, and brakes.

All Rockshox Reba RLT Ti forks are 2011. Its basically the same as the "Team" model from 2009-2010.

The fork and the crankset has since been stripped down and repainted a graphite grey and on my Salsa Selma so I am waiting to get some more components to build the Dillinger back up, but I am optioning to sell it.

Here is the fork and the crankset on the Selma with new decals..the paint came out amazing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dillinger picture and discussion thread-salsa.jpg  

Ibis Ripley LS
    Santa Cruz Chameleon SS
    Cervelo S2
    Trek Boone 5 Disc (Gravel)
    GT Piece Tour (Gravel)

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info

Plant Eater
    I thought it was around 40 lbs, I just moved my EBB to the 12 o'clock position It should help with pedal strikes. Not that it was a big issue to begin with, I will have to see.
    Gen. 4 Raw Dillinger

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    have seen this thread around for a while now so i guess i should get around to posting a pic of my Dillinger. there are some nice Dillingers in here but i think i have seen most already..would really like to see some new builds posted.

nothing fancy to my build but rides awesomely with the current 1x9 setup
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dillinger picture and discussion thread-dillinger.jpg  

Plant Eater
    Nice bikes fellas are you single speeders in the 23lb. range?
    Gen. 4 Raw Dillinger

mtbr member
    Nice bikes fellas are you single speeders in the 23lb. range?
    Mine was bang on 23lbs with rigid forks.

Plant Eater
    bump! Back on the board
    Gen. 4 Raw Dillinger

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

here's mine....

Nothing fancy but sure do love it. ******* I want another gen4 med/18 so if you're selling please let me know......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dillinger picture and discussion thread-img-20120901-01434.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Bump!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Dilli dilli

Dillinger picture and discussion thread-ridesoul1-2-.jpg