Devinci Wooky SL- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Devinci Wooky SL

Just wondering if there were any Devinci Wooky owners on here? I've used the search feature and couldn't find a thing but the bikes look fantastic and got a rave review in UK bike mag What Mountain Bike a couple of months back.

Here's a pic for anyone who hasn't already seen one

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Nice looking . Will take a look at the Wooky S at Perforamnce Bike.

mtbr member
    More than one magazine review or some thoughts from owners to go on would be great. As we all know, two reviews of a bike can reach two very different conclusions. Also, WMB have given similarly rave reviews to carbon hardtails from the likes of Giant and Scott recently so it would have been better to see them in a grouptest for comparison purposes.

Having seen a Wooky I can tell you the matte red looks amazing! You need to see it in real life to fully appreciate it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Just bought one and so far I am amazed at the ride. I'm 6'1" and I am riding the large frame. These are hand built frames, xt5 sram groupo with rock shocks and a neat shock lock out switch on the handle bars. Just love the 10 speed in the back with only two choices for the forward gears...no worries about cross gearing! Can't say enough about the bike....got mine new for $1099 canadian I guess because it is a 2012 model. Was $1499 when it first came out. Nice bike for road and mountain.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Any idea on clearance in back. What is the largest tire that will fit?

mtbr member
    Would love to see your bikes if you could maybe post some pics please?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Here are some pics. The best I could measure for the rear tire, it would take up to a 70mm wide tire tread for a 29 inch rear wheel. The frame wheel tubes have a bow out formed in them so that a wide tire can fit. The rear dropout to dropout measures 130mm and the front dropout width is 100mm. The other thing I like about the bike is the balance. It feels light up front and I have no problem popping the nose without throwing all my weight and body to the rear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Devinci Wooky SL-dsc_0003.jpg  

Devinci Wooky SL-dsc_0006.jpg  

Devinci Wooky SL-dsc_0007.jpg  

Devinci Wooky SL-dsc_0002.jpg  

Devinci Wooky SL-dsc_0009.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Friend of mine just received his Wooky SL 29er this week. Says "it's quite possibly the best bike I've ever owned" and he's owned quite a few nice bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wooky rider View Post
    Here are some pics. The best I could measure for the rear tire, it would take up to a 70mm wide tire tread for a 29 inch rear wheel. The frame wheel tubes have a bow out formed in them so that a wide tire can fit. The rear dropout to dropout measures 130mm and the front dropout width is 100mm. The other thing I like about the bike is the balance. It feels light up front and I have no problem popping the nose without throwing all my weight and body to the rear.
    That looks fantastic thanks for sharing!

mtbr member
    why isn't it brown?????nice looking bikes, thanks for sharing
    A person who never made a mistake,
    never tried anything new..... Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Hey bluman

I shaved the bike as soon as I got it home...two pounds of brown fur!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Congrats, looks awesome!
    I'm going to grab the Wooky xp (2014) model soon and I'm sure it will be amazing. Will review it afterwards.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014

Devinci Wooky XP

Just purchased the 2014 XP model and have had it for several days now. I cant say enough about this bike. Alot of people dont seem to know anything about it and the guys at Performance Bike where I bought mine says customers pass it by because they immediately think it must be some cheapie-copy-cat type of bike. Most prospective 29er buyers look for Trek, Specialized, or Cannondale. I tried all those bikes and all are nice and in roughly the same price range as the Wooky. I got sold on the Wooky geometry and the superior fame, its' stiffness, and I think greater manueverabilty. The bike has explosive starts and the compnents work together to make a flawless and smooth platform for riding anywhere. When I first took it out people stopped and stared, ran out of my way, and in one case, a car pulling out into my bike lane saw the Wooky coming at him at full speed. His eyes got bigger than dinner plates and he floored his car to get out of my way. The Wooky is a beast, a sporty beast and a hands-down winner that slays the competition.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    +1 for the Wooky. I was going to get a Giant for an XC race bike, but ended up getting the Wooky SL because it had better specs. The frame is a thing of beauty, and the bike tips the scales at 22 lbs. It is really a rocket. Fast acceleration, very responsive, and the specs and build quality are excellent.

The frame is a work of art:

Devinci Wooky SL-p4pb11578174.jpg

Devinci Wooky SL-p4pb11578195.jpg

[/CENTER]

Devinci Wooky SL-p4pb11578184.jpg

Devinci Wooky SL-p4pb11578193.jpg

Devinci Wooky SL-p4pb11578186.jpg

The bike is actually for sale (I can't afford to keep it...) It has less then 30 rides on it, and I'm only asking $2500.

Link to MTBR AD: 2014 Devinci Wooky with Upgrades - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

and Pinkbike Ad (it has more pictures of the bike): 2014 Devinci Wooky Carbon SL 29er For Sale

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Nice. I have the all aluminum model in the mid-range. If my bike is a race horse I can imagine what an all carbon version would be like. Yikes!

Members who have read this thread: 0