Determining frame size- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2012

Determining frame size

Hey everyone, new to this forum so if this is the wrong place to post this question then shame on me. I am currently looking to buy a 2010 Gary Fisher Cobia and I have found a few for sale in my area. My friend, who is a really experienced rider but doesn't know that much about Gary Fisher bikes says I need a medium size.

There are a few Cobia's currently on the market where I live but the sellers don't seem to know what the frame size is. How can I determine the frame size when I go to check out these bikes? Thanks for your help and I apologize if this is the wrong place to start this thread.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Seat tube length, center of bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube according to Trek's website. Best to just test ride them rather than relying on your friend's opinion. Medium appears to be a 19" frame.
    Idaho

www.bigrobracing.co.uk
    There's a handy tool on Competitive Cyclist HERE, that will allow you to calculate a starting point.

However, the best thing to do is to ride a bunch of bikes and measure their sizes (seat tube height and top tube length) and work out what feels right for you, your riding style and preferred posture on the bike. Your local bike shop should let you test ride some bikes but, assuming your not buying your bike from there, remember to thank them with regular custom in the future :-)

Members who have read this thread: 0