• 09-09-2010
    sergeysy
    custom titanium AM mutant from Russia
    frame custom titanium from Rapid
    fork White Brothers BW 1.3 20mm Thru-axle 130 mm

    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZCqA4UsmxQTwldsLfYCuVA?feat=embedwebsite"><img src="https://lh4.ggpht.com/_IwJPcsCLwkg/S1swPpX2vGI/AAAAAAAAFwM/TZBGc_ZsteY/s400/IMG_5404.jpg" /></a></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">Альбом: <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/sergeysy/DSAbSC?feat=embedwebsite">тунайнер</a></td></tr></table>

    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/rFURi7KlpfwpoPDZQijf9A?feat=embedwebsite"><img src="https://lh4.ggpht.com/_IwJPcsCLwkg/S1swP2XVn5I/AAAAAAAAFwQ/cMsYeJBQ0X0/s400/IMG_5405.jpg" /></a></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">Альбом: <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/sergeysy/DSAbSC?feat=embedwebsite">тунайнер</a></td></tr></table>

    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/X97dVIw0dg-CiO0ALphF7Q?feat=embedwebsite"><img src="https://lh3.ggpht.com/_IwJPcsCLwkg/S1swSPhb9mI/AAAAAAAAFwg/CsqdH7en5-0/s400/IMG_5410.jpg" /></a></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">Альбом: <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/sergeysy/DSAbSC?feat=embedwebsite">тунайнер</a></td></tr></table>


    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Ui522o0gU4m5MxYDKwvbRA?feat=embedwebsite"><img src="https://lh5.ggpht.com/_IwJPcsCLwkg/SDE4linlfJI/AAAAAAAABOg/EPgfN8NlBLI/s400/IMG_1879.jpg" /></a></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">Альбом: <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/sergeysy/EQmtSB?feat=embedwebsite">Титанчег</a></td></tr></table>

    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/6BemDRx4A_49WzM23YzqZA?feat=embedwebsite"><img src="https://lh6.ggpht.com/_IwJPcsCLwkg/SDE4mynlfKI/AAAAAAAABOo/14DZ7lEfcWc/s400/IMG_1880.jpg" /></a></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">Альбом: <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/sergeysy/EQmtSB?feat=embedwebsite">Титанчег</a></td></tr></table>

    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/mazeXCFAFDDXSOb0Qy3gLg?feat=embedwebsite"><img src="https://lh3.ggpht.com/_IwJPcsCLwkg/SDE4pCnlfMI/AAAAAAAABO4/XJaFD4uN2EQ/s400/IMG_1886.jpg" /></a></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">Альбом: <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/sergeysy/EQmtSB?feat=embedwebsite">Титанчег</a></td></tr></table>

    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Hz76KoxtNkKnTr2xB6uKxQ?feat=embedwebsite"><img src="https://lh3.ggpht.com/_IwJPcsCLwkg/S-6SXxxJzHI/AAAAAAAAGvk/6PVUkh190Uc/s400/117379392.jpg" /></a></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">Альбом: <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/sergeysy/KareliyaHardXC?feat=embedwebsite">Kareliya Hard XC</a></td></tr></table>
  • 09-09-2010
    wyatt79m
    Looks nice
  • 09-09-2010
    sergeysy
    handlebar azonic 762 mm
    stem fsa?
    grips Cube Race
    headset FSA Orbit MX
    seatpost wodman post sl plus 27.2x400mm
    saddle San Marco SKN
    front wheel: mavicTN719+dt champion 2.0+Hope pro II
    rear wheel: mavic TN719+dt champion 2.0+shimano deor xt 756
    rear derailer shimano deor xt 770 shadow
    front derailer sram x-gen
    crankset FSA RPM Chainset CY2F
    Shimano XT Bottom Bracket Square Taper UN73

    tyres 3 sets:
    1) continental mountain king 2.2",
    2) michelin xc at 2.0"
    3) continental race king 2.2"

    rear tyre(michelin xc at): non-tubeless tire with Stan's rim strip and sealant

    weight about ~14 kg(30.86lbs)
  • 09-09-2010
    bobbotron
    Fantastic, great looking bike! I like it's details, and it seems like a great build up. It's down tube looks huge!
  • 09-09-2010
    NZPeterG
    looks like a Triton frame?
  • 09-09-2010
    rockcrusher
    that is a stout down tube. At least stout looking down tube. Nice build and the pictures make me feel cold.
  • 09-09-2010
    Vermont29er
    Looks nice and stout! I don't like how most ti bikes are built for lightweight and end up flexy for us big guys.

    Try some bigger tires, you'll like them. I LOVE my Maxxis Ardent 2.4.
  • 09-09-2010
    OdinOrion
    Very nice!

    I wonder why there aren't more Russian Ti bikes? I thought the Russian were mining titanium like crazy these days.
  • 09-10-2010
    sergeysy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NZPeterG
    looks like a Triton frame?

    what is Triton?
  • 09-10-2010
    NZPeterG
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sergeysy
    what is Triton?

    Triton is one of the top Russia frame builders making Trials, MTB and Unicycle frame. www.tritonbikes.com
    Russia Ti is very stiff! so good for AM MTB's, Trials, and Mountain Unicycles! :)
  • 09-10-2010
    swaneedawg
    Great looking frame, and nice build...where are they available???
  • 09-10-2010
    dom1n1k
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NZPeterG
    Triton is one of the top Russia frame builders making Trials, MTB and Unicycle frame. www.tritonbikes.com
    Russia Ti is very stiff! so good for AM MTB's, Trials, and Mountain Unicycles! :)

    LOL
    Triton is only trademark, brand. And developer in some cases.
    But real builder - Rapid. And it is Rapid too.
  • 09-10-2010
    DeeEight
    Yeah, I recognise the welds and dropouts. Eclipse Bicycles in canada had their Ti frames made by the same builder in Russia. At the time it was cheaper to source from Russia but now raw titanium costs so much more than it did in the 90s (not to mention fuel prices are higher so the shipping costs have gone up too) that you might as well just get a contractor like Lynskey to make them in the USA if you're located in north america or europe.
  • 09-10-2010
    Evil Chocula
    In my country, twentyniner must be strong, versatile. And strong.
  • 09-10-2010
    Tasselhof
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by OdinOrion
    Very nice!

    I wonder why there aren't more Russian Ti bikes? I thought the Russian were mining titanium like crazy these days.

    Maybe because most of ti frames "made in russia" i see was a crap.
    Same thing with russian cars.
  • 09-10-2010
    aphlux
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NZPeterG
    Triton is one of the top Russia frame builders making Trials, MTB and Unicycle frame. www.tritonbikes.com
    Russia Ti is very stiff! so good for AM MTB's, Trials, and Mountain Unicycles! :)

    These frames made in Siberia. :) Maybe from Moscow titanium tubes from Rapid? ;)
  • 09-10-2010
    Padre
    Cool build!
  • 09-10-2010
    20.100 FR
    Nice yoke
  • 09-11-2010
    NZPeterG
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tasselhof
    Maybe because most of ti frames "made in russia" i see was a crap.
    Same thing with russian cars.

    Yes USA made Ti frames are well made unlike USA made cars
    Russian and USA made cars are the same! :eek:
  • 09-11-2010
    igore
    1 Attachment(s)
    I am the owner of 29er frame produced "Rapid" I love my bike and I do not regret spent on the frame $ 600

    Attachment 568082
  • 09-11-2010
    NZPeterG
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by igore
    I am the owner of 29er frame produced "Rapid" I love my bike and I do not regret spent on the frame $ 600

    Attachment 568082

    Sorry I have a custom Russia made Triton Mountain Unicycle and It's very well builded
    I had to have a Russia builded Frame because No one makes a stiff Uni frame in the US.
    But i also have a Lynskey builded On - One 29er MTB and it is build to the same standard :eek: The US made Lynskey his a spring to the ride which is needed on long rides. A Unicycle needs to be Very stiff to climb hills and have no brake rub ;)
  • 09-11-2010
    Broccoli
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NZPeterG
    Sorry I have a custom Russia made Triton Mountain Unicycle and It's very well builded
    I had to have a Russia builded Frame because No one makes a stiff Uni frame in the US.
    But i also have a Lynskey builded On - One 29er MTB and it is build to the same standard :eek: The US made Lynskey his a spring to the ride which is needed on long rides. A Unicycle needs to be Very stiff to climb hills and have no brake rub ;)

    I would guess that the difference in stiffness would be due to straight gauge vs butted tubeset, not due to where it was welded.
  • 09-11-2010
    NZPeterG
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Curmy
    I would guess that the difference in stiffness would be due to straight gauge vs butted tubeset, not due to where it was welded.

    NO its the difference Ti used US use 3/2.5 tubing and Russia use OT4 tubing
    3/2.5 his more spring in it and makes great bicycle frames
    OT4 is stiff and this is good from Trials, AM Mtb, and Unicycles frames
    its the mix of Ti that makes the difference :eek:
  • 09-11-2010
    Broccoli
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NZPeterG
    NO its the difference Ti used US use 3/2.5 tubing and Russia use OT4 tubing
    3/2.5 his more spring in it and makes great bicycle frames
    OT4 is stiff and this is good from Trials, AM Mtb, and Unicycles frames
    its the mix of Ti that makes the difference :eek:

    Young modulus for titanium alloys is very similar - around 1.2 MPa (look here for example http://www.splav.kharkov.com/en/e_ch...php?type_id=17)

    It is the tubing diameter, shape and wall thickness that make the difference, not the alloy. (if you want to argue with that - quote Young modulus numbers)
  • 09-12-2010
    NZPeterG
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Curmy
    Young modulus for titanium alloys is very similar - around 1.2 MPa (look here for example http://www.splav.kharkov.com/en/e_ch...php?type_id=17)

    It is the tubing diameter, shape and wall thickness that make the difference, not the alloy. (if you want to argue with that - quote Young modulus numbers)

    Sorry O' Master :madman:
  • 09-12-2010
    buddhak
    That's just a great looking, diesel-arse frame. Respect.
  • 09-12-2010
    DeeEight
    Double checked on the OT4. Found the actual chemical breakdown.

    http://www.splav.kharkov.com/en/e_ma...p?name_id=1293

    Its also known as Ti 5Al/2Mn. I've sold frames made from the same stuff. Strength wise it falls between US grade Ti 3Al/2.5V and Ti 6Al/4V. Modulus is so close as to make it worth ignoring the difference.
  • 02-21-2012
    xmessenger
    Ya, I like the yoke design. I've been outta the loop for a while but recall the Easton Manitou HT getting alot of attention for the machined yoke as it was very rare. Are they more common now? Also,D8, is the 6/4 Ti the stronger? I remember in the 90's people saying it was extremely hard on machines and was unavailble in a butted tube because of it. Perhaps times have changed...and I'm a wee bit late asking!
  • 02-21-2012
    sergeysy
    due to construction, long chainstays, large tire clearance and "подкова"("horseshoe") the frame is soft
  • 02-21-2012
    sergeysy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by OdinOrion View Post
    Very nice!

    I wonder why there aren't more Russian Ti bikes? I thought the Russian were mining titanium like crazy these days.

    Russian titanium 29 bikes a lot. in the western market are sold under the brand name such as Triton.
    just Russian bikers on mtbr does not often come:-D, and so they did not paint a particularly laudatory praises of a titanium bikes 29
  • 02-21-2012
    sergeysy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Vermont29er View Post
    Looks nice and stout! I don't like how most ti bikes are built for lightweight and end up flexy for us big guys.

    Try some bigger tires, you'll like them. I LOVE my Maxxis Ardent 2.4.

    i am try ardent 2.4 on banshee paardox. very good tires.


    other picture: https://picasaweb.google.com/1139982...nsheeParadox2#
  • 02-22-2012
    sergeysy
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by swaneedawg View Post
    Great looking frame, and nice build...where are they available???

    I am order in Rapid Главная | Официальный ресурс компании РАПИД