The Curtlo FS 29er at the Seattle Bike Expo....- Mtbr.com
    meh....

The Curtlo FS 29er at the Seattle Bike Expo....

is mine. You can look, but don't touch!

No pictures yet, but it's supposed to be done, "matte" black powdercoat and silver Ventana rear suspension. Black BW fork, black Hadleys, black RF Turbines.

Monte

Jan 2006

Mine will be sitting next to it.

I just got the photos from Doug today. It will be at the show but not for long. I'm eager to see the FS, mine's a 24hr. Solo mountaineer 29er painted baby blue. Sounds like there are going to be a couple of Curtlos rolling around Bellingham in the near future.

Jan 2006

I was going to wait

but I can't help myself, here's a sneak peak at the frame.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Specs

So the only info/photo on the Curtlo website is the 26" FS. Does Curtlo use the Ventana rockers - 4" stock that can be upgraded to 5"?

mtbr member
    Cool. I'll have to drop by for a look (and to get my fingerprints all over them)! Just kidding.

Cheers!
    -Ian

meh....

Either ones....

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    So the only info/photo on the Curtlo website is the 26" FS. Does Curtlo use the Ventana rockers - 4" stock that can be upgraded to 5"?
    It sounds like you can get it with either one. Doug got me 5" rockers by mistake, but I wanted 4". I'll get the 4" and keep the 5" for later. It's more than just the rockers if you didn't know, it's the whole rear suspension from Ventana, chainstays, seatstays, rockers.

Monte

meh....
    Quote Originally Posted by les gears
    I just got the photos from Doug today. It will be at the show but not for long. I'm eager to see the FS, mine's a 24hr. Solo mountaineer 29er painted baby blue. Sounds like there are going to be a couple of Curtlos rolling around Bellingham in the near future.
    Looks nice. I know of 3 other Curtlo's in Bellingham, all owned by a friend of mine, a cross/touring, mtb hardtail, and a roadbike that will also be at the Expo.

Monte

In FTF We Trust
    Is the pricing of the 29er fs frame the same as the 26? Doug seems to be getting a lot of attention lately, which is great for him, but hopefully won't slow down his build/delivery times.
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

Law
    45 gone, 15 to go
    Quote Originally Posted by el-cid
    Is the pricing of the 29er fs frame the same as the 26? Doug seems to be getting a lot of attention lately, which is great for him, but hopefully won't slow down his build/delivery times.

same price for either.
    my builder: Neil at Cernitz Bike

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Rockers

I assumed the El Cap triangle required the Ventana rockers. It was the photo of the 26 FS on the website that threw me. It's an entirely different design.

Were you able to demo the Curtlo FS 29er before ordering? Or maybe you're getting one of the first in WA? Have you ridden any other FS 29er?

Appreciate the responses. I'm near Seattle and seriously looking at getting a FS 29 this year and the Curtlo looks intriguing. Also look forward to a trail report.

breathing helium
    What a tease! We need a pic or two or three or...

Sounds like a great bike. I look forward to hearing more about it.

meh....
    Quote Originally Posted by cocheese
    What a tease! We need a pic or two or three or...

Sounds like a great bike. I look forward to hearing more about it.
    Wish I had some pictures to show.

meh....
    I assumed the El Cap triangle required the Ventana rockers. It was the photo of the 26 FS on the website that threw me. It's an entirely different design.
    Correct, the 26er on the web site is a Mountain Cycle rear suspension.

Were you able to demo the Curtlo FS 29er before ordering? Or maybe you're getting one of the first in WA? Have you ridden any other FS 29er?
    Nah, I just went for it from watching this board for awhile. Not sure if it's the first in WA, I guess I could ask. Never ridden another 29er, let alone FS.

Appreciate the responses. I'm near Seattle and seriously looking at getting a FS 29 this year and the Curtlo looks intriguing. Also look forward to a trail report.
    Still going to be a couple weekends before it's going.

Monte

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Sooo...I went straight to Doug's booth at the Expo today. You've got a GREAT looking bike coming your way - the matte black frame/aluminum triangle is sharp. Shoot, didn't have my camera so no pics.

I was pretty impressed by Doug, great guy. We spent quite awhile talking about his bikes/builds, so the Curtana is currently at the top of my list if I can pull the trigger this year. When I told him about this thread he laughed because he said he had a number of people stop by who also mentioned your post.

Enjoy your bike.

...and I wiped my paw prints off before I left.

mtbr member
    Did he happen to have a gold hard tail with him?

Sooo...I went straight to Doug's booth at the Expo today. You've got a GREAT looking bike coming your way - the matte black frame/aluminum triangle is sharp. Shoot, didn't have my camera so no pics.

I was pretty impressed by Doug, great guy. We spent quite awhile talking about his bikes/builds, so the Curtana is currently at the top of my list if I can pull the trigger this year. When I told him about this thread he laughed because he said he had a number of people stop by who also mentioned your post.

Enjoy your bike.

...and I wiped my paw prints off before I left.

Jan 2006

nope

I didn't see a gold frame there. His 4-5 month turnaround time with the 2 month initial estimate was very accurate for me. Well worth the wait though, the bike rides like none other, actually better than my IF deluxe.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    bigdrunk:
    There was another hard tail there and I must have looked at it more than a dozen times, but damned if I can remember the color. Are you the "customer from Arizona"?

les gears:
    Turnaround time sounds right. Doug said about 8-10 weeks now, and that's only because this is the tail end of the "slow" season that really hasn't been that slow for him.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

sweet

nice frame -what color is that? Do you know the RAL#?

mtbr member
    I was there yesterday (Sunday) and swung by the Curtlo booth as well. Nice ride Monte! Looks really sharp. Doug wasn't there so I didn't get a chance to talk to him. I think he must have been over hearing the Sean Kelly talk. I missed most of it but caught the very end. Very cool.

Anyway, I was in the Schwalbe booth about an hour or so before the show closed and was talking to someone about 29er's. Didn't get his name but had a nice conversation nonetheless. We talked about the Dos Niner (he has a pre-production version), Endurance racing, the Cascade Creampuff, and the Trans Rockies. If you're on here introduce yourself! I was the guy with the black Smith cap and green fleece vest.

Anyway, Flyte had a Celcius 9 in their booth that I checked out. Looked pretty well built to me. Also stopped in the Wolfhound Cycles tent to check out what looked like a steel freeride hardtail 29er with a TA White Bros. fork.

Cool show!

Cheers!
    -Ian

Members who have read this thread: 0