Which Crossmax 29- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Which Crossmax 29

Guys,
    Can somebody tell me which Mavic Crossmax 29(front and rear) you need for the Specialized Stumjumper carbon Hardtail?
    6 bolt or QR?
    Thanks

Ride and Smile suckas
    6 bolt is the brake rotor type for the rotors you will be using.

QR = Quick release
    This is how you mount the wheels to the bike. It depends on the fork you have up front.
    QR in the rear.
    "DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY" -Yoda
    www.nemba.org

mtbr member
    If you are that unfamiliar with wheelsets, you should definitely take a little time and do some research before you drop $700+ on a wheelset. The C29ssmax may not even be an improvement over the Rovals that come with the Specy carbon hardtail. And if you just bought the frame alone, you could definitely find a wheelset that offers better tubeless compatibility, stiffer, lighter wheel, with more engagement for less money.
    Got LEFTY?
    -2019 C'dale SuperSlateX
    -2017 C’dale Scalpel Carbon 3
    -2014 C’dale Bad Boy 1

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-bar
    If you are that unfamiliar with wheelsets, you should definitely take a little time and do some research before you drop $700+ on a wheelset. The C29ssmax may not even be an improvement over the Rovals that come with the Specy carbon hardtail. And if you just bought the frame alone, you could definitely find a wheelset that offers better tubeless compatibility, stiffer, lighter wheel, with more engagement for less money.
    Thanks for the advice. However I am not that unfamiliar with the wheelsets(however I am unfamiliar with mountain bikes) and Specialized Expert Carbon does not come with Rovals. It comes with Custom DT Swiss X420SL and they are quick release.
    I think Mavic crossmax are a big improvement over them. I am just confused because I found a great deal on a 6 rotor version of the wheel and curious if it will fit.
    BTW it is a present for someone not for myself.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    6 bolt is referring to what kind of disc is compatible with the hub. There are two different kinds of discs and they are 6-bolt and centerlock. The wheelset will be compatible with frame and it doesn't matter if the axle locking mechanism is quick release or bolt on. If this is going to be a gift, a nice set of Alligator rotors with "6-bolts" would definitely sweeten the deal. http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/162...rake-Rotor.htm

Members who have read this thread: 0