Crazy little thing called Lev'- Mtbr.com
    jl
    climb

Crazy little thing called Lev'

For various reasons I've spent a lot of my time this summer riding my singlespeed. One reason was that every time I rode the full suspension bike, after about 90 minutes my elbow would start hurting.

This never happened on my singlespeed. And my singlespeed doesn't have any suspension. Well, enough was enough and now I've done something that is probably blasphemous. I didn't think this would "work" on my Leviathan, and now I'm kicking myself for not installing 'em 6 months ago.

Ride On!
    We don't need more to be thankful for; we just need to be more thankful.

Recovering couch patato
    Wwitch the old bars back to the SS> I think I know what your arms will say. Broomsticks are even a bad idea for sweeping the floor, let alone use them for handlebars. One of those things tried by our beloved MTB pioneers which for reason stuck for 30 years. And still the average XC bike gets 5 of sweep, no more. At least our pioneer Gary Fisher is now at 12.

mtbr member
    I think the true MTB Pioneers actually started out on wide swept cruiser type bars on their Klunkers. I wonder who originally came up with the idea of the flat bar?

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I ran straight bars on my SS before I got my Dexters and they were a PITW. The only position I liked with flat bars were on the bar ends.

My FS has risers with a nice sweep back. I look back at the days of flat bars, long stems, and hands below the seat. What were they thinking????

jrm
    mtbr member

mary..mary..why you buggin..

[cool dude..

mtbr member
    Do any of you Mary bar users feel the need to run a longer stem after switching out to these bars?

jl
    climb
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdrunk
    Do any of you Mary bar users feel the need to run a longer stem after switching out to these bars?
    BD,

For a "perfect" fit you might need a 5mm longer stem. but I haven't had any problems just using the stem that I already had for my riser bar setup.
    We don't need more to be thankful for; we just need to be more thankful.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Is it just me or are the shifter cables on the TT invisible?

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    How does that feel climbing steep grades, the kind where you drop your elbows, scoot your butt back and crank it out? I can see how it would feel great on typical trail riding....may have to try one of those on my next build.

I was riding my SS yesterday and thinking, "I sure don't like the way these bars bend my wrists" (regular Salsa risers). I think I notice it more with less suspension and more wrist shock on the SS and I am more stretched out on it.

Members who have read this thread: 0