Covert 29 vs Bandit 29?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Covert 29 vs Bandit 29?

Anybody ridden a pre2013 Bandit 29 and the new Covert 29?
    I was falling in love with the Bandit 29 last year and planning to buy one but bailed when I found out Transition changed it. looks like the Covert 29 replaces for more long travel 29 sexiness. anybody ridden both and what are your impressions?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I haven't ridden either but just picked up a brand new left over 2012 frame a couple of weeks ago and built it. Love the bike.

There are used 2012 frames around. Check here and on pinkbike and ebay. Also, call Transition and ask them if any dealers have 2012 stock remaining, you could get lucky.
    Bend, OR

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Also check out the Transition forum here on mtbr (if you weren't already aware of that).
    Bend, OR

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Yah I did and the forum auto displayed some similar previous threads which was a bit helpful. In the end I think I just need to ride the Covert to know. My LBS says they'll let me demo a Covert 26 so that should help. I suspect I will like it. ;-)
    Thanks for the replies

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Covert 29 vs Bandit 29?-img_0361-custom-.jpgGot another ride in on my 2012 today. It pedals pretty well. If i had to choose one of the 2013 bikes, it'd be a tough call but i'd probably go for the covert. Depends on the kind of trails you're going to be riding, and the way you like your bike to handle.
    Bend, OR

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Nice ride!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    My LBS pimped a shiny new never ridden Transition Covert 29 out to me for an entire weekend. I rode it so much I chafed my butt bad, fell in love and couldn't give back (a few g's poorer of course).

The Covert feels to me like the old Bandit did before Transition tightened it up - very playful and aggressive. I was instantly hitting stuff I hard and high - the Covert has seriously elevated my riding and the grin factor. The honeymoon is still on and rocking. I'll post a review once I get her shined up for the centrefold.

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    Pics or it didn't happen fellas...

I have a 2012 Transition Bandit29 and it's the bee's knees brotha. I've been giving it more love the past couple of weeks and polishing up my skills. I put some beefy 2.4's on the front and reat and it gobbles up the trails. I hear 29er's referred to as monster trucks and this one fits that bill.
    Let's make like a Bike and get the Huck outta here...