Convert 07 Reba 29 QR to Maxle or New Reba 29 Maxle- Mtbr.com
    a.k.a. MTBMaven

Convert 07 Reba 29 QR to Maxle or New Reba 29 Maxle

I was all set to start budgeting for a new(er) '09 or '10 Reba 29 with Maxle and found out one can pretty easily and inexpensively replace the lowers of my existing fork. I have a 2007 Reba 29 SL with QR.

Assuming I were to upgrade the lower of my existing fork to a Maxle, is there an advantage to a 2010 Reba over a 2007? I think there was something changed in the newer forks that helped with the geometry of 29ers? Are the potential advantages of the newer fork that make it worth the additional ~$450 (assuming the lower replacement is $150 and the newer fork is $600).
    I thought of that while riding my bicycle. ~ Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnfiend
    I was all set to start budgeting for a new(er) '09 or '10 Reba 29 with Maxle and found out one can pretty easily and inexpensively replace the lowers of my existing fork. I have a 2007 Reba 29 SL with QR.

Assuming I were to upgrade the lower of my existing fork to a Maxle, is there an advantage to a 2010 Reba over a 2007? I think there was something changed in the newer forks that helped with the geometry of 29ers? Are the potential advantages of the newer fork that make it worth the additional ~$450 (assuming the lower replacement is $150 and the newer fork is $600).

Newer fork has more offset, BB Dual Flow rebound & BB MoCo unit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Newer fork also has the "power bulges" in the lowers which are supposed to help make it stiffer. I haven't ridden the previous forks so I can't say if they do infact help.

mtbr member
    Was there ever a 2007 with a Maxle so that there would be lowers available?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Where can I buy the reba lowers with the maxle? I was thinking of replacing mine too for extra stiffness.

meow meow
    there would be an advantage but if you are happy with your 07 reba i see no reason why you shouldnt swap the lowers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nater
    Was there ever a 2007 with a Maxle so that there would be lowers available?
    nope. Reba 29er lowers with Maxle dropouts are listed as only compatible with 2009+ forks

a.k.a. MTBMaven
    Yeah I learned there was not an option for getting Maxle lowers on my older Reba. I watched the classifieds for a few weeks and almost got a 2010 Reba with Maxle Lite but was #2. A day or so later I picked up a 2010 Fox F29 RLC with FIT cartridge and 15mm axle. Thanks MTBR Classifieds! I pick up my new all black Hope Pro II / Stan Arch / DT Revolution wheel on Friday from The Path and hope to get my first ride in on Sunday. Looking forward to the new set up on my Titus Racer-X 29!
    I thought of that while riding my bicycle. ~ Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity

Members who have read this thread: 0