Comfort/carbon layup of Chinese carbon frames? Scott Scale clone- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Comfort/carbon layup of Chinese carbon frames? Scott Scale clone

A few have been likened to a Scott Scale 29er copy or a Specialized Stumpjumper 29er HT copy in terms of geometry and weight, give or take.

But how is the comfort or carbon layup. There is 1 or 2 that mimic the Scale geometry but the Scott is renowned for its SDS. Do the Chinese clones have the same "comfort" or are they on the other side of ride-a-bility for lack of a better word.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I was searching for same, but couldn't find an answer. Can somebody link me to a scott scale 29er replica? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Normally the HongFu FM056 is considered a close match to Scott.

ViltusVilks;9689978]Finally finished china 29er for training.
    Chinese frame was modified - rear shifting/brake internal cable tubes were cut out and reversed, so i can setup shifter and brakes without extreme angles.

Quote Originally Posted by ViltusVilks View Post
    I dont know model, but it is exactly 1:1 copy (geometry, size, design) from Scott Scale 29er, except headset design and carbon material - scott scale has much bigger. And i am warried about it - chinese frame has too thin carbon walls near bearing cups

Actual weights for 20"
    Frame: 1350gr (1400gr with headset bearings)
    Fork (cut): 560gr

ebay seller: a_baygoods
    frameset: carbon 29er UD

Quote Originally Posted by ViltusVilks View Post
    I have damaged achilles and palm tendons, so cant test it with full power, but made small ride - stiff enough and comfortable For training chinese frame is good.

Scott Scale is stiffer even with SDS and lighter frame
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Comfort/carbon layup of Chinese carbon frames? Scott Scale clone-chinese-scott.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 2