Chumba HX2 - Anybody have one? Pics?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Chumba HX2 - Anybody have one? Pics?

I'm interested in either the Chumba HX2 or the Niner Air 9. I know the Niner is a great bike but I'm into the more obscure types. I'd like to see pics of anyone's builds and hear about how they ride. Thanks!
    Last edited by happylandings; 09-05-2009 at 10:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I got an HX2 about 2 months ago and i love it. I was riding a Fisher Paragon which cracked in about a month. Fisher replaced with a Superfly which also cracked in about a month. I rode a demo of the HX2 at my local shop and knew instantly that this was the bike for me. It is very stiff which is great for climbing but doesn't beat you up on rocky descents. Not as light as the superfly but handles much better. I recommend setting up with the 120mm travel fork.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    happylandings,
    this is a bike you must demo! i can go on and on about how everything is so great but you will be blown away on the demo. i still say to the wife after every ride how much fun that bike is. really like the handling with the 120 fox.we ride a lot of singletrack and also rooty,rocky tech stuff. went with the chumba hubs, stans ztr, x9, juicy 5 and ignitors. that's all i need for what i do and couldn't be happier! the guys at chumba are top notch and that's coming from someone that runs a large business and understands customer service
    mikey
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

HX2 with a 100mm fork?

Guys, both of you commented about the 120mm fork. How do you think it will be with a 100? I have a new Fox 100 so I hope to be able to use it. I think the website says that all specs are based on a 100mm fork.

How much does the frame weigh? I haven't found anything that states the weight.

Mikey, what size frame is that? I'm 5' 9.5" tall and was thinking I wanted the medium.

Squash, do you have any pics of your bike?

Thanks for the replies!

Members who have read this thread: 0