chinese carbon HT frame with 142x12 rear axle?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012

chinese carbon HT frame with 142x12 rear axle?

Wanting to pull the trigger on a chinese carbon HT frame but would like to get something that matches my FS front and rear spacing for easy wheel changes.

Are there any currently on the market?

TR
    Angry bunny
    Why do you think you need a 142x12 rear axle on a hardtail?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    One is mentioned on the CC thread as a proto for $600. A benefit may be if the hanger bends or breaks being less likely to damage the carbon dropout area. On existing frames two small bolts go through the carbon dropout into a hanger. The rear hole is a potential weak area because of the limited amount of surrounding material.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TR View Post
    Why do you think you need a 142x12 rear axle on a hardtail?
    TR I dont NEED that spacing on it and I am not sure it is going to add much in the way of stiffness but I do think a lot of companies are going to start rolling it out on there HT because it is on there FS and it will be easier for parts.

My 2012 Superfly Pro has 142x12 and it would just be nice to be able to quickly change wheels back and forth if needed. My front end on both will be 15mm so if I only have to put some different end caps on the rear wheel that wont be too bad.

Does anybody have a certain page number for that prototype frame with that spacing?

Members who have read this thread: 0