Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4686929394959697 LastLast
Results 9,501 to 9,600 of 9608
    mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by durhamguy View Post
    Hello,

I'm new to the forum and planning to buy a carbon frame to transfer components from my aluminum framed Bulls Copperhead 29 RSI. All Shimano Deore XT 2x11 drive-train and hubs, Fox 32 Float front fork. I'm hoping someone has built up a Chinese carbon frame with the following specs:

1) Headset angle <70 degrees
    2) top swing front derailleur
    3) 180mm brake rotors
    4) 100mm front travel fork
    5) clearance for 2.3 inch tires
    6) Optional 27mm seat post

This bike will be used primarily for mixed trail use on moderate single track with some XC.

Has anyone built-up a carbon frame with a similar configuration? If so, what model frame did you use?
    Last year i bought a used bike with a frame quite similar. All components are top, 100mm Rockshock SID and i really enjoy it. The 11 speeds is not for everyone. I like mine 28 front, 10-42 SRAM but my top speed suffers i can live with that. I bought it with 32 in front and it was not to my liking. It is a versatile bike depending where you ride select the proper tires and you should enjoy it. Mine is 22 pounds or 21 tubeless for a medium.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    My BXT arrived today via usps express, about 1 week after I ordered it, unbelievable! Usps made me sign for it too, which is good in my neighborhood. I haven't had a chance to unwrap it completely, but I did check the size and yes, they did send me their XL which is what I ordered.
    carry clippers! cut something off the trail every time you ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    BXT update: I had my shop/team guy look at it, he thought it looked good, clean inside the tubes as far as we could see as well. 1380g on his scale, which matches the weight on my fish scale, this is size XL.

Someone had a question about tire clearance; this is a Specialized Ground Control 2.3 (measures 2.2 actual at the edge of the side knobs, on an old Stans rim), there's still room for a 6mm hex wrench on either side of the chainstays, there's more room on the seatstays.

The seatpost clamp fits nicely, and the seatpost fit in just right.

I put the quick release dropouts in (2 little bolts to change from thru to qr), and due to the thickness of the dropouts I had to remove the QR end to get the wheel on, - you'll want a wider QR shaft if going that route. The wheels I'll be putting on are have Hope Pro2Evo hubs so I think I can adapt to thru from QR very easily.
    first photo is seatstays, 2nd is chainstays.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon 29er-bxt-seatstays.jpg  

Chinese Carbon 29er-bxt-chainstays.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by sissypants View Post
    Matte black is actually a light powder coating of black paint. If the frame isn't painted it looks a bit raw and unfinished--you would see "seams" where carbon pieces end. I once made the mistake of ordering a frame "unfinished and unpainted", which looked a bit uglier than expected and was cheaper, but didn't have that smooth and consistent black finish.

You don't need to worry about cracks failing to show through paint. If the cracks are structurally compromising, the paint will crack as well. I've seen even small and safe cracks due to cracked paint on a carbon frame of mine no problem.
    Interesting. Thanks for the info. I should have gone gloss then lol

mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Purchased Workswell 062

After a lot of research I ended up ordering a Workswell 062 frame because it seems to be the most compatible with my combination of short legs and long torso. The geometry is identical to the Stumpjumper 29 HT. Plus the price was good ($350) with 21 day delivery guarantee and trackable shipping (hint:look for regular EMS shipping) and includes headset seatpost clamp and axle. It also seems that the Workswell brand has been around for a while.

I'll send some updates as the build comes along.

BTW: Here's a plug for the service rep that helped me with my Workswell order. Her name was Coco and she was very helpful with placing a new order after I changed my mind about my frame. She was very responsive.
    sales10@workswellbikes.com.cn

Quote Originally Posted by durhamguy View Post
    Hello,

I'm new to the forum and planning to buy a carbon frame to transfer components from my aluminum framed Bulls Copperhead 29 RSI. All Shimano Deore XT 2x11 drive-train and hubs, Fox 32 Float front fork. I'm hoping someone has built up a Chinese carbon frame with the following specs:

1) Headset angle <70 degrees
    2) top swing front derailleur
    3) 180mm brake rotors
    4) 100mm front travel fork
    5) clearance for 2.3 inch tires
    6) Optional 27mm seat post

This bike will be used primarily for mixed trail use on moderate single track with some XC.

Has anyone built-up a carbon frame with a similar configuration? If so, what model frame did you use?

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Built this chinese 29er over the weekend after my 1st one got stolen:

Went with the xmcarbonspeed CS-496 boost frame. It is 148x12 in the rear, and im currently using the rockshox recon 110x15 in the front. It was a very easy build, the internal routing was a breeze for the most part. I posted my build thread over on chinertown forums: CS-496 HT Build [pics] 25.5lbs

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Great looking build!

Where do you think you couldíve saved some weight? Iíve got my heart set on sub 23lbs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp21 View Post
    Great looking build!

Where do you think you couldíve saved some weight? Iíve got my heart set on sub 23lbs...

Oh easily this can get to 23lbs. I have a set of chiner carbon wheels as well that I haven't setup yet because im waiting for my new maxxis 2.4's to come in. That saves straight up 1.5lbs, then a reba rl fork instead of the recon would save another 1lbs.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by samroy92 View Post
    Oh easily this can get to 23lbs. I have a set of chiner carbon wheels as well that I haven't setup yet because im waiting for my new maxxis 2.4's to come in. That saves straight up 1.5lbs, then a reba rl fork instead of the recon would save another 1lbs.
    Nice. Iím collecting parts now, staring with the BXT frame. Plan on building some carbon wheels also.

Iíd really like to use the Fox 34 so am going to buy that next, then plan the rest of the build around that.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Is there any Chinese carbon frame maker that is currently making a frame that I could move over my parts from an early 2000's Fisher 29er? 135mm rear quick release hub, 1 1/8 straight steerer tube fork, threaded bottom bracket, triple crankset.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I have a straight steerer Fox fork in a tapered head tube Raleigh Talus Pro, all you need is an adapter to put a straight steer tube in a tapered head tube. Do you know how much travel your fork has? Would that old be 80mm? My Fox in my Raleigh is 80mm, I'm not certain if that Raleigh frame was spec'd for 80 or 100, but I've put a lot of miles on it and it works really great so...
    If your fork is 80mm; the common frames seem to be spec'd for 100mm, so you'd have a steeper head angle by about 1 deg, - not ridiculous or unrideable, but not ideal and you may go over the bars one or two more times than you wouldn't otherwise.
    The BXT will take standard QR (but like I stated above you may need a longer quickie shaft), it is also standard threaded (English) BB and has inner cable routing for a front Der, - but you might as well convert to 1x like everyone else.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    My FM057 frame (2014) has a threaded BB, and got some 135mm dropouts with it.

As stated above, you should be able to get a crown race that would enable you to use a 1-1/8 steerer in it.

The head angle of this frame is 69.5 with a 100mm fork. An 80mm fork would probable result in a HA over 70, but still in an acceptable range (when compared with older frames).

I think they still sell the 057 frame at various places. Might be called IP057.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I have a Carver 465 rigid fork on the Fisher right now. Frame was designed around a 80mm fork. I'll look for the mentioned frames. If anyone else has a lead on a different frame please post.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Maybe get a matching fork with the frame? I did with mine, and it was only $100 or maybe $150. That was a few years ago though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Been looking at different frame options, Workswell in particular. Does anyone know if Workswell, or any of the Chinese frames, have integrated headset? I sent an email with several questions and got a quick response. However, that question was unanswered.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Every Chinese frame I've had a good look at takes an integrated headset. IIRC, 42 upper, 52 lower.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sclyde2 View Post
    Every Chinese frame I've had a good look at takes an integrated headset. IIRC, 42 upper, 52 lower.
    Thanks sclyde2. I was pretty sure they do, but you never know.

mtbr member
    What 29er frames can take an internally routed dropper? I was looking at the Tideace FM-M009 and the XMCarbonspeed CS-416. Are there others? I would prefer BSA BB, but could also go PF if needed. Also, the ability to run 135QR is required (which I know many frames have both 142 and 135 options).

all your base
    I can confirm the FM-M009 can take an internally 27.2 dropper. I couldn't be happier for the price.
    Wheel Mfg eccentric BB has been problem-free so far as well.

Chinese Carbon 29er-20180523_185923.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by primefocus View Post
    I can confirm the FM-M009 can take an internally 27.2 dropper. I couldn't be happier for the price.
    Wheel Mfg eccentric BB has been problem-free so far as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180523_185923.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	1207539
    Do you have detailed photos of how you ran the cable? Or can you describe the process?

all your base
    It was some of the easiest internal routing that I have encountered (on a bike without full-length internal tubes anyway). If you are running a single ring you can run the cable from the left handlebar and have it enter internal cable port on the right head-tube. Very sleek. There is a convenient cap on the bottom of the BB shell that comes off to help route cables. I was also able to run the rear brake internally, entering on the left of the head-tube. This leaves one open port on the left of the head-tube if you wanted to run the cable for the rear derailleur, as a single speed it is left open. In total there are thee ports (one on the right of the head tube, and two on the left). There is also routing from the middle the down-tube and back of the seat-tube if you wanted to run wires for di2 lol.

Seatpost is the brand-x ascend CX 27.2 post. 105mm travel. It has been great but I've only had it installed about three months. Can't complain for $148. The complete bike as shown with dropper, heavy old time pedals, 5 year old fox fork, and 600gm tires is 22.x pounds.

One more thing for folks hoping to run an eccentric BB on these open-mold frames: I have heard that some of them do not have a continuous carbon tube at BB. Without a robust continuous tube it is apparently possible for the frame to flex/buckle under the clamping pressure of the EBB. This frame does have the continuous tube and has not given me any trouble so far (FWIW), but I suppose it could fail at any time.

mtbr member
    Name:  tideaceBB.jpg
Views: 3731
Size:  74.1 KB
    There is a convenient cap on the bottom of the BB shell that comes off to help route cables.
    So, when the cap on the BB is removed (see picture) this will give me direct access to the seat tube (by not using the pre-defined routing options for the brake and derailleurs)? It will be down with a 1x setup. Also, I have the option to go 31.6 on the seat post size to open up my options for droppers.

all your base
    Wow! 31.6 would be incredible! Was that something they offered after contacting them?

Routing for the dropper will go above the BB, so wouldn't be visible in the picture above. The nice thing about the cap is that it lets you use a screwdriver/etc to help poke the cable and make that sharp turn. The routing for the Front derailleur ends up exiting the frame behind the seat-tube/BB.

mtbr member
    There is a guy on Pinkbike that sells the Tideace under DIY Bikes and has the option of 27.2 or 31.6 as well as PF30 or BSA.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    It was some of the easiest internal routing that I have encountered (on a bike without full-length internal tubes anyway). If you are running a single ring you can run the cable from the left handlebar and have it enter internal cable port on the right head-tube. Very sleek. There is a convenient cap on the bottom of the BB shell that comes off to help route cables. I was also able to run the rear brake internally, entering on the left of the head-tube. This leaves one open port on the left of the head-tube if you wanted to run the cable for the rear derailleur, as a single speed it is left open. In total there are thee ports (one on the right of the head tube, and two on the left). There is also routing from the middle the down-tube and back of the seat-tube if you wanted to run wires for di2 lol.

Seatpost is the brand-x ascend CX 27.2 post. 105mm travel. It has been great but I've only had it installed about three months. Can't complain for $148. The complete bike as shown with dropper, heavy old time pedals, 5 year old fox fork, and 600gm tires is 22.x pounds.

One more thing for folks hoping to run an eccentric BB on these open-mold frames: I have heard that some of them do not have a continuous carbon tube at BB. Without a robust continuous tube it is apparently possible for the frame to flex/buckle under the clamping pressure of the EBB. This frame does have the continuous tube and has not given me any trouble so far (FWIW), but I suppose it could fail at any time.
    I am wanting to build an open mold SS and that is some valuable info. I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by "continuous carbon tube at BB". Could you possibly explain a little more about this?

Also, the following is is a quote from a reply to "The Black Bike" blog post.

"There's a note on Wheels Mfg. website "Our Eccentric bottom brackets for BB30 frames will not work with frames that do not have removable c-clips in the shell. If your frame has a shell with a molded step that the bearings press up against, a Wheels Manufacturing EBB will not completely fit in to the shell."

Is this a separate issue that should be addressed?

What about a threaded EBB, like this? Trickstuff

Would that circumvent any of those issues?

Thanks

mtbr member
    I've been using the Phil Wood eccentric BB for BSA bb's and it's been great.

Phil Wood & Co.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BXCc View Post
    I've been using the Phil Wood eccentric BB for BSA bb's and it's been great.

Phil Wood & Co.
    I like that a lot.

That should eliminate any concern with continuous tube, c clips, etc.? Is a half link necessary?

The frame I have in mind is the Carbon Speed CS 057 with BSA. I have just always preferred a threaded BB.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Bait View Post
    I like that a lot.

That should eliminate any concern with continuous tube, c clips, etc.? Is a half link necessary?

The frame I have in mind is the Carbon Speed CS 057 with BSA. I have just always preferred a threaded BB.
    A half link was not needed for my setup but that isnít always the case. It doesnít have a full set worth of adjustment so other setups may vary. It does require a special installation tool so that may be a turnoff for some too. My LBS has sold a few of them with great results so thankfully they had the tool.

I would really like to get the CS-496 from XM Carbon and set it up as a 29er SS with 2.25Ē tires but the BB92 only is a deal breaker. Itís the geometry of that bike that I want, not the tire clearance.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Here's my update on the BXT build, my kid and I just built it up and finished last night, no rides yet but I think it will work fine, first test ride will be later this evening.

BXT size XL is a big bike, you'll want to be close to 6'3" or bigger, standover at appx center of tt is 87cm. I did convert the Hope Pro Evo 2 rear hub from QR to 12mm through, -super easy with the 12mm $20 ebay endcaps, no tools required, the 12mm through axle that was included is nice, the included headset is decent too.
    Rear brake hose is a little short; this frame routes the brake hose through the downtube, donor bike routed through the TT which was a little shorter distance. For the 1x I did a Deckas 32t oval ring and 11-40 Sunrace (10sp), new KMC chain to start all fresh. Donor shifter is SLX and der is XT, cranks are XT, I have read that 6mm bolts are what you want, but those had very little thread overlap so we just re-used the stock big/middle bolt 10-12mm ish. I tried a BXT 400mm carbon seatpost, which is a very nice snug fit into the frame, perfect imo, my kid is only 140# so I don't think he'll break this 31.6 post. Seat is a ti-rail Kore he won at a race a few years ago. Bars are pretty narrow SLKs, I'll have to get some wider bars and longer rear brake hose at the same time. We went with a Kalloy Uno stem to save a little weight for cheap, I 'flopped' it to keep the brake levers from contacting the TT in case of crash, we may still make some cockpit changes (more carbon spacers are on the way), but it looks pretty decent as is. I dabbed a little RTV silicone on the front der cable openings to keep the crud out. These tires are XR3 Expert non-tubeless (and pretty light), they've been great running tubeless and I'm sure there's quite a bit of dried sealant inside (so they may not be very light at the moment).

Overall the build was super easy, everything is straight and it looks very good. The only tricky part was I had to take the fork out and reach into the head tube to get the brake hose to come out the hole on the front of the downtube. Weight, as shown, no pedals is 22pounds even, -not bad for an XL, I'm pretty happy with it. The sad thing about this 'swap'; the carbon Titan frame we took all the parts off only weighs 3oz more (3lb 3oz), - I had read elsewhere on some other forum that Titan frames are 'really heavy'. Anyway, feel free to ask me any Qs, here or via pm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon 29er-bxt-right.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    The BXT worked nearly perfectly on the first 2hr ride, and the kid really likes it. I rode it a little and it seems really good, and I like the oval ring. The only not-quite perfect thing is that the inner rear der frame between the pulleys just barely contacts the 2nd biggest cog in the 11-40 cassette, with the B screw all the way in; I think I can file a little off and get it to clear.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimPacNW View Post
    The BXT worked nearly perfectly on the first 2hr ride, and the kid really likes it. I rode it a little and it seems really good, and I like the oval ring. The only not-quite perfect thing is that the inner rear der frame between the pulleys just barely contacts the 2nd biggest cog in the 11-40 cassette, with the B screw all the way in; I think I can file a little off and get it to clear.
    Thanks for the posts jimPacNW! I've built up a few bikes now with these frames and my biggest frustration is that I can't get more than a 32T chainring up front. Some of my buddies almost wanted to go 2x just because of this limitation. I personally like 38T and am not happy with 32T so this bike is going to go the way of many other past bikes -- to craigslist.

In terms of geo I do agree the frames feel a little large height-wize, but they aren't super long so I still wouldn't size down. I'm 6'2" on a 19".

A third complaint I have is pedal strikes. When I'm running 29 tires it's no problem, but I have been riding a 27.5er singlespeed for a few weeks now and I've stubbed my feet on stuff that I normally would never worry about.

All in all it's a solid frame if you can get it for <$250, (or $188 on AliExpress anniversary sales like I did), but there are much better options on the order of $300-$400. I'm really curious what Workswell, Hongfu, and ICAN have in store for 2019. I think you're going to see long and slack. They tend to operate 1 model year behind the big brands in terms of geo.

mtbr member
    Here's a pic of a singlespeed I built up with the Tideace frame. It's only good for singletrack as it's too slow everywhere else. I need more than a 32T up front.

Chinese Carbon 29er-imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-k9oe8adzslnmo.jpg
    Chinese Carbon 29er-imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-pcyozvmkid.jpg
    Chinese Carbon 29er-imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-rmvvicr2f7m.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Sissypants,
    Very nice bike.
    Is that the Tideace M009?
    Is the finish on the frame 3k matte black?
    I feel like you already answered this question but I just wanted to make sure....a 32t chainring will work with this frame?
    What wheels are you using?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Would a 32t oval chainring work on the Tideace FM-M009 frame?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Next question....On a Tideace FM-M009 17" frame would a fork with a 44mm or 51mm offset be recommended. I am considering the Fox 32 Factory SC.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I went with a 44mm offset with the same fork, just because it was super cheap. I have a separate thread asking the same question on it somewhere.

Same frame (19") same fork

all your base
    On the FM-M009 I had a hard time fitting an oval ring 32T ring. I was able to make it work by mounting it on the outside of a pair of XTR cranks. Not ideal but it has been OK so far. I think you have to remember to keep the orientation of the ring the same when you do this (the rate change of the gear ratio is not the same in every direction, though this could vary by manufactures). My 32 oval ring also had to be filed down a pinch to fit under the cranks this way. All in all it is a great frame for the $$$, especially if you can get one of the models with a 31.6 seatpost.

20180712_193334 by Mr. Jones Curry, on Flickr" width="549">

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I asked this on the Chiner forum, but no response yet. Hopefully some help here.

I'm building a CS-057 that I got from Peter. It has the rear thru axle with the external nut and has a set screw in the derailleur hanger to tighten against the nut.

There is a tiny amount of play within the axle/dropout interface on both sides. In other words, the difference of the diameter of the axle and the inside diameter of the dropouts is such that there is some play between the two. Is this common?

Is there a hanger available that is threaded for a thru axle that will fit this frame?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrtmaster View Post
    Sissypants,
    Very nice bike.
    Is that the Tideace M009?
    Is the finish on the frame 3k matte black?
    I feel like you already answered this question but I just wanted to make sure....a 32t chainring will work with this frame?
    What wheels are you using?
    Sorry for the delay, apparently I've unsubscribed from this massive thread several times. Just saw this.

Yes, a 32T will fit with this frame.

No, I ordered this from BXT on Aliexpress (when their anniversary sale was going on and this frame was going for $188 with free shipping).

It is 3k matte black, I also have a glossy 3k black and it's pretty sweet.

I'm using Speedsafe 27.5x25mm 290g carbon rims laced up to my own bulk-imported $70/pair hubs (PM me if you want a pair, they are from ICC-Tech, better than Hopes IMHO). I had Velocity USA do the build. That's a <$400 wheelset that weighs less than 1450g!

mtbr member
    Here are some better pictures of the singlespeed I posted earlier. Slight modifications to the build.

It's a super-snappy, super-playful and lightweight bike that absolutely smashes punchy climbs and is easy to get rowdy.

Don't mean to market here, but this bike is actually looking for a new owner as my stall continues to grow. PM me if interested.

Chinese Carbon 29er-imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-sgpnyxge9kan.jpg

Chinese Carbon 29er-imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-lay8tfdjxcz.jpg

Chinese Carbon 29er-imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-ssrnzg8adn1azyf.jpg

Chinese Carbon 29er-imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-ck8hephd012ngwx.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Just gone done building a lightweight trail hongfu fm258. Weight is 21.9 lbs. Really happy with how it turned out, and 34 SC is sweet.

Chinese Carbon 29er-20180815_190206.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hey Tideace FM-009 owners, I am trying to install a short spindle BB30/PF30 XO crank using the supplied BB (Gineyea). It seems the crank is too short. How have you all installed your BB30 cranks on this PF30 frame?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by deedz View Post

Name:	20180815_190206.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	1212330
    Wow, that's the same weight as my Lefty hardtail. What shock and hardware did you use?
    Small ring in front makes it easier. Small ring in back makes it harder. That blows my mind.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Just gone done building a lightweight trail hongfu fm258. Weight is 21.9 lbs. Really happy with how it turned out, and 34 SC is sweet.

Well done. My hardtail is that weight.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018

You have to give us a build thread, dude

Formerly of Kent
    Anyone know who is selling a Spark lookalike frame the cheapest?

Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Anyone have any experience with the DIY frames? Looking at buying the enduro 29er they make, as it is very similar to a frame made by a canadian company that i saw a few months ago. Wondering about durability although it looks like a lot of you are pretty happy with your chinese carbon frames...

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Just came across this thread after looking into purchasing a Trek Stache. For anyone who purchased a Chinese Stache knockoff, how has it held up? Also, what's the best current deal on a Stache style frame?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I have a hardtail, can't remember which vendor, that takes a 27.2 seatpost. The collar/clamp is a 34mm. Huh? It measure that with my caliper and is stamped with 34. Apparently no one makes 34's, think a 34.9 would crank down far enough?
    Small ring in front makes it easier. Small ring in back makes it harder. That blows my mind.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Hello all.
    I am interesting in those frames.more in bxt brand.
    One question.
    How the bb area holds on?
    In pf and bb versions.
    Thanks.

29er convert
    Question: I would like to do a SS on one of the BXT frames without using a chain tensioner. Can I safely you use an EBB?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BurkC; 09-06-2018 at 08:11 PM.
    ---------
    I once had an awkward moment just to see how it felt

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I'm currently on a BXT build to ride the local, Houston trails. (...Flat! lol) All awesome info here and this will be my first build as I have a lot to learn.

I paired the BXT with a PF Race Face BB with the Atlas cranks just due to availability, and I am waiting to see if I fall into the 32t chain ring as largest to fit. (I ordered 34t & 36t before I read the comments here)

I also ordered a 27.2 KS ETENi Dropper Seatpost to install, and fitment seems great.

I'm currently researching for a quality fork and am reading 100mm is a good pairing with these frames. However, does anyone run 120mm with BXT?

The frame itself seems pretty solid:

mtbr member
    Jul 2016

Looks great. I will post up my similar pro-mance M7007-II, 36T when it's done. I had hoped to keep it under 21.0 lbs, but choose to get decent wheels and 2.3" tires which pushed it over to an ancipated 21.5 lbs with pedals. Thanks to fellow mtbr "sissypants" for my inspiration on my build.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Looking forward to it. I'm planning a CS-029 build shortly, so any info is appreciated!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbiko View Post
    Just came across this thread after looking into purchasing a Trek Stache. For anyone who purchased a Chinese Stache knockoff, how has it held up? Also, what's the best current deal on a Stache style frame?
    Also have this question... anyone?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Just to confirm, people who bought the BXT-MTB-015 XL, a 400mm seatpost did the trick for most? I am 6'4" with really long legs and would rather not run a 450m seatpost if possible.

Can I get a 29x2.4 or 29x2.5 tire in the rear triangle?

Also, the bottom bracket shell is threaded correct? That's the most important thing and is a sticking point for me. I'd like to run an old school square taper bottom bracket (probably a 127.5mm Shimano UN72) and a vintage square taper triple ring crankset like a set of Race Face Turbines or some Cooks Brothers Racing cranks. That's what I have laying around and don't really want to change over to another, newer format, on a limited budget here.

What is the ride quality like? Is it really more forgiving than other frame materials like aluminum or steel? The reason I ask is because I have read that cheap carbon frames can feel dead and don't have the kind of smooth ride quality that more expensive carbon frames do. In this case, enough people seem to like the BXT-MTB-015 XL that is worth giving it a try. Along with the carbon frame I'll want a carbon fork, seatpost, handlebar and some tires at low pressure. Any feedback on handling and frame comfort would be much appreciated. Will probably run a carbon fork that will give me a 70 degree head angle more or less, and then slide the saddle forward to steepen up the seat angle by a degree or two. I have a custom built 26er that had parallel 74 degree angles (short fork) for awhile so a 70 degree head angle seems pretty slack to me, especially with a 29 inch wheel.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Phoenix; what's your actual inseam? my kids is 36.5", and the 400mm leaves plenty of room on the XL BXT.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I think it's 36". Hopefully a 400mm post will do it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I'm dead on 36" inseam (I can stand barefoot and just barely fit a yardstick without discomfort) and the 400mm post is plenty long for me on the BXT XL. Just for one more reference for you; standover at the appx center of the TT is about 84.5cm.

mtbr member

Sweet build, looks super sharp! 22 lbs is a great weight, you won't regret the wider tires. I especially love the updated top/seat-tube junction. Ride updates?

I see some similarities in the build RF Next cranks, OneUp Switch chainrnig, XG-1195, full Fox Float Factory suspension, padded carbon saddle, silicone grips, carbon bar, kalloy stem... It works, and it's affordable

Do you have any play in your shock mounts?

Can't believe I didn't see this post until now...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BurkC View Post
    Question: I would like to do a SS on one of the BXT frames without using a chain tensioner. Can I safely you use an EBB?

How are you going to do that? I hate/loath/despise chain tensioners but would hate to be dropping chains all the time. I built up the BXT SS with a chain tensioner and just put a $0.50 velcrow/fabric chainstay protector on and it quieted a lot of chain slap.

29er convert
    Won't an eccentric bottom bracket address chain tension?

I just dont know if you can use one on these carbon frames

---------
    I once had an awkward moment just to see how it felt

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BurkC View Post
    Won't an eccentric bottom bracket address chain tension?

I just dont know if you can use one on these carbon frames

Oh, I didn't think of that, yeah that would address chain tension. I would think as long as it fits a threaded BSA30 it would be compatible? The BBs on these frames are steel inserts molded into a pretty beefy joint. I wouldn't be too concerned.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

What is the BB width on this frame? Would a 156 q factor fit?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny7 View Post
    What is the BB width on this frame? Would a 156 q factor fit?
    It will, but you'll need spacers. I don't know exactly about all the numbers, but I ran a Race Face Next boost spindle and needed the 14mm spacer on the non-drive side and three 1.5mm spacers on the drive side.

mtbr member
    I'm ready to buy a new hardtail 29er and did a little research on the latest arrivals today. I thought I'd share what I found. Some of this info was obtained only by email.

Workswell WCB-162 TanTan FM-299B TanTan FM-199B MCELO 29er
    Weight* 890g (17") 960g (15") 960g (15") 940g (15")
    Sizes 15", 17", 19", 21" 15", 17", 19" 15", 17", 19" 15", 17"
    Website Workswell TanTan TanTan N/A
    Aliexpress N/A TanTan TanTan MCELO
    Max Chainring 32T 32T 36T ?
    Rear Spacing 148mm 148mm 148mm 148mm
    Front Travel 100mm 100mm 100mm 100mm
    Max Tire 29x2.3" 29x3.0" 29x2.35" 29x2.3"
    Price USD472 USD459 USD459 USD480
    USA Shipping USD 85 USD 71 USD 71 Free
    *all weights exclude derailleur hanger, internal cable routing ports, and any hardware and bolts.

The geometry of these frames are similar, but not identical. Here are the numbers for a size large (19") frame. MCELO is not available yet in 19", however.

MCELO 29er Workswell WCB-162 TanTan FM-299B TanTan FM-199B
    Reach ? 442 448.2 449
    Stack ? 622 614.5 614.5
    Top Tube (effective) 615 625 625 625
    Seat Tube 450 475 482 482
    Head Angle 70 69.5 69.5 69.5
    Seat Angle 72 73.6 74 74
    Head Tube 115 115 115 115
    Chainstay 435 430 440 440
    Wheelbase ? 1133 1142 1142
    Front Center 682 709 707.5 707.5
    BB Drop 73 58 58 58
    BB Type PF30 BB92 BB92 BB92
    Fork Offset 61 51 46 46
    Fork Length (A2C) ? 506 496 496

I also learned that the weight on the Workswell WCB-162 in a size 21" with UD/matte finish 1010+/- 20g including the hardware and derailleur hanger. The weight on the TanTan FM-299B in size large (19") in UD/Matte with all hardware, derailleur hanger, and bolts is 1085g.

It's interesting that TanTan has not adjusted the geometry between their 299B and 199B despite the 299B being compatible with 29x3.0" tires while the 199B is only compatible with 29x2.35" tires. Specifically, the chainstays remain slightly long for an XC 29er at 440mm in both models.

All of these frames are boost, all of them are lighter than last year's models, and the TanTan frames are 1x-specific.

Chinese Carbon 29er-imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-mnmoawot8xpuun.jpg
    Workswell WCB-162 29er

Chinese Carbon 29er-imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-8n1dbrug8lk26b.jpg
    TanTan FM-299B 29er/29+

Chinese Carbon 29er-imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-hqtlfgwnzxd.jpg
    TanTan FM-199 29er

Chinese Carbon 29er-imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-e0brjywg223h.jpg
    MCELO 29er

I am very impressed by the TanTan FM-299B, and will be buying it shortly (and doing a build thread). I really like the 1x-specific design, the ability to run skinny or fat 29er rubber, and still have an XC racing rig that's snappy and fast, just like the Scott Scale. I don't think the slightly longer chainstays will affect handling much. The weight is also very reasonable. Finally, TanTan seems to be a great company based on my communication with them.
    Last edited by sissypants; 09-25-2018 at 09:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    ]I am very impressed by the TanTan FM-299B, and will be buying it shortly (and doing a build thread). I really like the 1x-specific design, the ability to run skinny or fat 29er rubber, and still have an XC racing rig that's snappy and fast, just like the Scott Scale. I don't think the slightly longer chainstays will affect handling much. The weight is also very reasonable. Finally, TanTan seems to be a great company based on my communication with them.
    Very timely post. While building my new full squish chiner bike, i'm disappointed that i won't be able to share the wheels I ordered with my 2015 era hardtail for a couple reasons. RS-1 front shock and non-boost. I was thinking perhaps it's time to build a lightweight hardtail. Thanks !

mtbr member
    May 2012
    HTA at 74 degrees on three of those bikes? I hope that is a typo or those things are a degree or two steeper than a cross bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yourrealdad View Post
    HTA at 74 degrees on three of those bikes? I hope that is a typo or those things are a degree or two steeper than a cross bike.
    Oops, copy error. Fixed them!

mtbr member
    Yep, mixed up the head angle with seat tube angle.

Last edited by J_Bone; 09-25-2018 at 11:48 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    The Tan Tan 299B for the win. The drop chainstay is nice too, but the wide rubber makes it very flexible. You can then run the wide Karma Pros, or the 2.6 Rons in back.

Is dang happy!

Chiner #2

Since I have not broken my first one after a year of riding I picked up another Chiner. Got a BXT with some decals because the all black bike was boring, $190 shipped with the E-Bay sale yesterday. Will try to stuff a 2.4 Chunky Monkey in the back but think it will be a tight fit. Anyone run a 140mm fork on these and not have it explode?
    Last edited by Mr. Doom; 09-28-2018 at 10:44 AM. Reason: stuff
    The wheel is a extension of the foot

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Chainstay lengths updated

Hey just FYI if you check the aliexpress page again for FM199 now the chainstay is @ 425...and thanks again for the post, good info here. I almost pulled the trigger on a highball but can't justify the price to potential crash replacement cost ($800+) both being way higher than these chinese options.. I do play to run 180mm rotors which is one grey area I hope works out because there's no way to tell if it will work. Highball yes, Carbon specialized epic no..

I also had my eye on this one as I really want to run a 27.2 post without a shim, but slightly steeper HTA and not finding on aliexpress makes me wary. A lot of the suppliers (all of them) I contacted on alibaba said nothing will even be available until late october, UD matte may take even longer as a lot of them are painted matte black (UD matte is like specialized/trek unpainted carbon with the clear coat so you can see the fibers, sounds safer to me and a cool look)

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...2bde53d3sa09sK

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Colett View Post
    Hey just FYI if you check the aliexpress page again for FM199 now the chainstay is @ 425...and thanks again for the post, good info here.
    Thanks for the heads up on that. It makes more sense, because you don't need a 20mm longer chainstay if you're just running 29er tires. The FM299 still has a 445mm chainstay to accommodate 29+ tires.

I also had my eye on this one as I really want to run a 27.2 post without a shim, but slightly steeper HTA and not finding on aliexpress makes me wary. A lot of the suppliers (all of them) I contacted on alibaba said nothing will even be available until late october, UD matte may take even longer as a lot of them are painted matte black (UD matte is like specialized/trek unpainted carbon with the clear coat so you can see the fibers, sounds safer to me and a cool look)

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...2bde53d3sa09sK
    I wouldn't get that frame, personally. There is nothing that makes me think it would certainly be a bad frame, but the aesthetics and general design just seem off. It seems to be a new mold, the weight is very light, but the tubes and junctions still use 3-4 year old shapes (beefy oval top tube, very straight and round seatstays, for example) and that makes me wonder how they got the weight so low. The whole frame just hearkens back to 3-4 year old models, and their ad doesn't come across as particularly knowledgeable. I have never heard of the supplier either.

That said, there is plenty of stuff not on Aliexpress that is great! I usually prefer to look up the company website and work with them personally by email or Skype.

I really want to run a 27.2 post
    Why? There are some very lightweight wide seatposts nowadays too. For example, I have this one on order as of today:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Road...822592827.html

mtbr member
    Just sent the payment for my 19" FM-299B in UD Matte! Chinese Holidays are in effect until October 7th, so I'm not expecting delivery before the end of the month, but will post up with a build thread once I get it!

I've been told the frame is in stock and just needs to be painted prior to shipping.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Let us know how it goes. I have to finish up a few too many projects first before starting a new 29er chiner hardtail. I will have one ready to ride by spring time here in Michigan for sure though
    Just sent the payment for my 19" FM-299B in UD Matte! Chinese Holidays are in effect until October 7th, so I'm not expecting delivery before the end of the month, but will post up with a build thread once I get it!

I've been told the frame is in stock and just needs to be painted prior to shipping.
    Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thanks for the heads up on that. It makes more sense, because you don't need a 20mm longer chainstay if you're just running 29er tires. The FM299 still has a 445mm chainstay to accommodate 29+ tires.

I wouldn't get that frame, personally. There is nothing that makes me think it would certainly be a bad frame, but the aesthetics and general design just seem off. It seems to be a new mold, the weight is very light, but the tubes and junctions still use 3-4 year old shapes (beefy oval top tube, very straight and round seatstays, for example) and that makes me wonder how they got the weight so low. The whole frame just hearkens back to 3-4 year old models, and their ad doesn't come across as particularly knowledgeable. I have never heard of the supplier either.

That said, there is plenty of stuff not on Aliexpress that is great! I usually prefer to look up the company website and work with them personally by email or Skype.

Why? There are some very lightweight wide seatposts nowadays too. For example, I have this one on order as of today:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Road...822592827.html
    (FYI) I'm seeing 440. I think we're talking about the same frame? There's also the old FM299 still available with a 71 degree HTA - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2019...3-2e8409d9ff25

"I wouldn't get that frame, personally." I am starting to lean heavily in that direction also because the seller has no aliexpress page, and no one else sells the frame. The mold doesn't seem very "open".. The design looks like a Niner Air 9 RDO which has a horrible reputation for cracking.. 5 year warranty vs 2 year but who knows if they will honor it. Look at the seat tube to BB junction though, the seat tube flares in the same way that the new highball does. Takes a 27.2 post (thinner, more flexible and comfortable in a Thomson alloy post) like the highball does.. I'm skeptical of carbon posts because I'm aggressive with wheelies and I don't want one snapping when I'm over the back tire.

After reading a test of carbon chinese bars, and the guy having 3/4 of them crack or fail, I'm pretty skeptical of those smaller components. At least with a frame I may be able to repair it later if they deny my claim..

I'm curious what you think of Winow sports who has the same frame for a few less dollars shipping: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/29er...ceBeautifyAB=0

I'll ask winow and tantan if they have UD matte in stock..

Post pics of your build

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Colett View Post
    (FYI) I'm seeing 440. I think we're talking about the same frame?
    I'd consider these pages the ultimate authority:

TanTan FM199-B and TanTan FM299-B

The TanTan FM-199B is 29x2.4"-specific and has a chainstay length of 425mm. The TanTan FM-299B is 29x3.0"-compatible and has a chainstay length of 445mm.

After reading a test of carbon chinese bars, and the guy having 3/4 of them crack or fail, I'm pretty skeptical of those smaller components. At least with a frame I may be able to repair it later if they deny my claim..
    It depends what seller you go with, I've tried about 7 different bars and brands now, had a few break, but had one that was absolutely bombproof and blew me away. I just ordered more the other day, in fact, and it happens to be the cheapest option:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-...676601250.html

I'm curious what test you watched?

That said, I have several carbon seatposts and they all seem fine. Same goes for saddles, in general.

I have also had frame issues before and in every instance the seller was fully prepared to honor warranty promptly and appropriately.

I'm curious what you think of Winow sports who has the same frame for a few less dollars shipping
    Why don't you ask TanTan if they can match Winow sport's price + shipping? I'm sure they can!

I don't know much about Winow Sports, I don't think they sell much and they seem new to the biz. TanTan has been around for several years and would be more likely to help you out if you needed warranty in, say, 1.5 years. Also, when I mentioned the Winow ad to Vivian at TanTan, she told me that her company exclusively owns the frame mold, implying that Winow is a reseller which either bought from TanTan or purchased rights to TanTan's mold. I believe Seraph is the only house-brand of TanTan.

Generally if I'm buying something over $500, I always try to build a personal connection with the seller. I'll see if I can get a deal (I did this time around), but more importantly, if I ever need a warranty I have a direct channel to go through. I also appreciate having them keep me in the loop about developments in their product line-up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Hmm looks like I mis-remembered what he reported. He actually said 7 of 8 were great, no problems. But, you might consider the "stomp test" if you're unsure..

Chinese carbon bars - Page 2- Mtbr.com

Thanks a lot for the info. I'll message TanTan directly as I'm probably going to have to wait for the UD Matte.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Had the workswell 062 for about a month now, couple races and a lot of goofing around on it and gotta say it handles like a beaut and is pretty darn capable. Build wise it ain't the lightest, 24lbs, but that's with some bulky tires and wider rims (and being a shiz mechanic lol).Chinese Carbon 29er-biikke.jpgChinese Carbon 29er-img_20180927_195925.jpgChinese Carbon 29er-img_20180919_190221.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbySmurda View Post
    Had the workswell 062 for about a month now, couple races and a lot of goofing around on it and gotta say it handles like a beaut and is pretty darn capable. Build wise it ain't the lightest, 24lbs, but that's with some bulky tires and wider rims (and being a shiz mechanic lol).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	biikke.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	1219523Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180927_195925.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	1219524Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180919_190221.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	1219525
    Well done! It should require very little maintenance.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Has anyone seen of the Look 989 Chinese copies recently? There used to be a bunch on aliexpress but now they're all gone, just wondering if anyone knew where to maybe find one? Chinese Carbon 29er-mbzq3vn2x1mrq4c_ideei_75.jpg

mtbr member
    I received my BXT-MTB-046 carbon 29er frame today. It looks like there are some issues with the layup. At the bottom bracket there is a void that has broken through to the surface and the surrounding area is soft. There is also a hole in the down tube, but that may be left over from the bladder? There a is a void in the head tube exposed on the inner surface.

I have contacted the seller (Bought it through ebay) to get it remedied but wanted some thoughts on whether the frame is serviceable.

Chinese Carbon 29er-crack-lower-left-hole-down-tube-top-center.jpg

Chinese Carbon 29er-thin-spot-head-tube.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    The hole on the bottom of the downtube is present in their frame pics, so I guess its supposed to be there. The headtube is not a void. You can't actually see voids unless you x-ray them or cut thru the material. The wrinkles on the headtubeare leftovers from manufacturing with the bladder. You'll see it on a lot of frames. Now the scratches next to the BB cover that is unfortunate. If it makes you feel any better they look cosmetic. Usually what they would do is cover it with black bondo before painting. It could be from their handling or maybe shipping.

In the link below you can clearly see the hole there.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016...707208629.html

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingman View Post
    The hole on the bottom of the downtube is present in their frame pics, so I guess its supposed to be there. The headtube is not a void. You can't actually see voids unless you x-ray them or cut thru the material. The wrinkles on the headtubeare leftovers from manufacturing with the bladder. You'll see it on a lot of frames. Now the scratches next to the BB cover that is unfortunate. If it makes you feel any better they look cosmetic. Usually what they would do is cover it with black bondo before painting. It could be from their handling or maybe shipping.

In the link below you can clearly see the hole there.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016...707208629.html

Thank you for the link, that does make me feel a bit better. The mark on the down tube by the bottom bracket threads is deep enough to where I can see raw (no resin) carbon fiber weave, and it compresses some when I push on it. This leads me to believe there maybe a larger issue at hand. I need to open that area up and take a closer look when I get home. If I get a chance I will post more pics.

I did contact the seller I'll see what the say and report back.

If the seller says its not an issue, anyone see why I can't fill it with bondo and paint the frame ( I was thinking of painting it anyway)?

mtbr member
    I am definitely asking for an exchange now. I measured the depth of the crack and its about 1.1mm by about 2-3mm wide. Given the location being a rather high stress area (whether that area is under stress or not I don't know but i would rather not find out with a broken frame) I am not willing to take the chance.

Chinese Carbon 29er-img_20181023_165512.jpg

Chinese Carbon 29er-img_20181023_165534.jpg

Chinese Carbon 29er-img_20181023_165539.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by W.J.Christy View Post
    I am definitely asking for an exchange now. I measured the depth of the crack and its about 1.1mm by about 2-3mm wide. Given the location being a rather high stress area (whether that area is under stress or not I don't know but i would rather not find out with a broken frame) I am not willing to take the chance.
    Dam that's horrid looking. I couldn't see all that detail in the first pic this afternoon. You should post the name of the store after you get your product sorted, to save the community from having to deal with a dealer who sells that junk.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    Dam that's horrid looking. I couldn't see all that detail in the first pic this afternoon. You should post the name of the store after you get your product sorted, to save the community from having to deal with a dealer who sells that junk.
    Agreed, I hope you get a quality exchange. I'll point out that I also am dealing with a cracked seat tube on the cheap BXT 29er (I've had 6 frames to various customers, this is not the first problematic one) and they are not responsive. They should value my business, not avoid a warranty claim.

I hope you can get in touch with them, and I hope you get an exchange.

mtbr member
    We will see how they are after the sale and when an issue arises. They where communicative before delivery so I am hopeful. If they aren't willing to talk with me I will go through the eBay dispute resolution and get my money back.

mtbr member
    Right now the seller is being responsive to my issues. I sent them the photos posted here and a few extras. Right now they are "talking to the factory" to see what they can do. The seller is Bxtbikes888 ill reserve judgement until after I get this resolved. They are simply a middleman and got a bad product. How they handle it will determine how they get rated...

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Right now the seller is being responsive to my issues. I sent them the photos posted here and a few extras. Right now they are "talking to the factory" to see what they can do. The seller is Bxtbikes888 ill reserve judgement until after I get this resolved. They are simply a middleman and got a bad product. How they handle it will determine how they get rated...
    Shouldn't T700 carbon fiber be some shade of grey in color? That sure looks whitish to me.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Its grey. The photo doesn't capture the colors well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Wow, those new pics you took puts that damage in a different light. They should send you a new frame or refund. They must have monkeys working QA. Unless that frame was drop shipped to you, it should have never passed any checks. I've had a similar experience before and they were indifferent lol. You paid with a cc right?

mtbr member
    Payed with PayPal using a credit card..... I am not to worried about getting the money back, I have several options to get it back.

mtbr member
    The seller got back to me last night. Offered to send out a new frame for the cost of shipping. Considering the frame I originally received was damaged when I opened it, I have asked for a new one to be sent without additional cost or for a complete refund.... I have also started a return request through eBay which I am sure at this point will have to go to dispute resolution.

mtbr member
    Does anyone know if there is a Chinese hardtail carbon frame with external rear brake routing?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ASiameseCat View Post
    Does anyone know if there a Chinese hardtail carbon frame with external rear brake routing?
    You mean completely external, not just external on the chainstay and internal on the downtube? There are a handful of budget and older frames which use external chainstay routing, but unanimously the consensus is for internal routing.

mtbr member
    You mean completely external...
    Yes, completely external.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ASiameseCat View Post
    Yes, completely external.
    Not that I'm aware of. I would fall out of my chair if somebody finds a Chinese carbon frame designed in 2017 or 2018 with full external routing.

mtbr member
    Not that I'm aware of. I would fall out of my chair if somebody finds a Chinese carbon frame designed in 2017 or 2018 with full external routing.
    Dang, thanks for the insight.

Members who have read this thread: 753