Chinese Carbon 29er - Page 50- Mtbr.com
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950
Results 9,801 to 9,912 of 9912
    all your base
    Just another data point on the Tideace. Have been riding mine with a wheels mfg ebb for two years now, no issues. I'm 153 pounds, but have not experience any slipping. The BB does have a tube that goes all the way from one side to the other, I think that might make it one of the better options for use with an EBB that uses a clamping force to secure it.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I run an 80mm Wren stem on my Large. Is the reach super modern? Nope. Is it what I am used to for many years? Yep. It works.

I got mine from the Tideace store on Ali.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3262...chweb201603_52

It is $280 right now. Prices have gone up a bit I guess. Inflation and a trade war will do that you know.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Winter is here, looking to get back into riding some more next year.

Looking for suggestions for specific frames or "brands" to look at.

My current ride is a Giant Anthem (But its old) it had the 3.5" rear Maestro susp and a 100mm Manitou R7 fork.

I will be doing XC riding, I'm about 190 lbs, and not the fastest rider. Won't be doing any jumps unless forced to. I don't want something meant strictly for XC racing as I do hit stuff occasionally and I'd like something to give me some confidence over more technical sections and not beat me up too much on longer rides.

Thinking of a 29er HT. Do you guys think that would be appropriate? If the geometry was a little more relaxed and a bit more trail capable than the Anthem that would be great. Mainly wanna be over to roll through rock gardens faster. Some of the slacker angle short stay 29er frames sound interesting.
    www.mtbiker.ca

My Rides:
    FSR XC -R7 Platinum - SRAM X7 (26.5lbs)
    Cervelo SLC - SRAM Rival - Reynolds DV46T (16.25 lbs)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbgobie View Post

My current ride is a Giant Anthem (But its old) it had the 3.5" rear Maestro susp and a 100mm Manitou R7 fork.

I will be doing XC riding, I'm about 190 lbs, and not the fastest rider. Won't be doing any jumps unless forced to. I don't want something meant strictly for XC racing as I do hit stuff occasionally and I'd like something to give me some confidence over more technical sections and not beat me up too much on longer rides.

Thinking of a 29er HT. Do you guys think that would be appropriate? If the geometry was a little more relaxed and a bit more trail capable than the Anthem that would be great. Mainly wanna be over to roll through rock gardens faster.
    I'd recommend a TanTan FM-199B:

tantancycling.com/index.php?_m=mod_product&_a=view&p_id=713

https://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/t...d-1100653.html

Throw a 120mm fork on there (Fox 34 SC? SID 120mm?) and you're looking at a capable trail-oriented XC bike. Chiner harddtail frames don't get much more trail-oriented in terms of geometry (i.e. longer reach, slacker HTA). As it stands, this frame has the same geo as the Scott Scale, so it can be built to match your ride demands.

$350 frame + $75 shipping to USA + optional $50-$80 for paint. If you can't get that price, PM me.
    Follow me on Strava, Instagram @therealsissypants, and Facebook

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks, was hoping you would reply. Will take a look now

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
    www.mtbiker.ca

My Rides:

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

Thinking of a 29er HT. Do you guys think that would be appropriate? If the geometry was a little more relaxed and a bit more trail capable than the Anthem that would be great. Mainly wanna be over to roll through rock gardens faster. Some of the slacker angle short stay 29er frames sound interesting.
    I am riding similar to you.
    Try to do a few tests but i think you would appreciate(like me) an HT 120/130 either 27.5x2.8 or 29x2.6

mtbr member
    I am looking to give one of these Chinese carbon frames a try. Whatever I end up with will only see light dirt duties and neighborhood cruises. My FS rigs will get 98% of dirt duties. The chinese build could see a race once a year. I want to avoid any frames needing a pressfit BB.

What do you guys think of the frame in the link below? I don't want to buy a problem but don't want to spend a bunch either.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-NEW-29...r=521895820427

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdrunk View Post
    I am looking to give one of these Chinese carbon frames a try. Whatever I end up with will only see light dirt duties and neighborhood cruises. My FS rigs will get 98% of dirt duties. The chinese build could see a race once a year. I want to avoid any frames needing a pressfit BB.

What do you guys think of the frame in the link below? I don't want to buy a problem but don't want to spend a bunch either.

You're buying a problem with any cheap BXT/Tideace frame on eBay or Aliexpress. Don't do it.

I had several and built them up for various people last year and the year before and I had a huge amount of issues.

I have since built up dozens of higher-quality frames (that cost about 1.5-2 times more) and have had very few issues. At this price point, you are buying fancy junk.

You probably won't get a good chiner 29er without a PF BB.
    Follow me on Strava, Instagram @therealsissypants, and Facebook

mtbr member
    Thanks and good to know on the cheap frames, kind of what I figured unfortunately. Tell me more about the having to go PF though? Do TanTan and some of the better chiner companies nail the PF tolerances pretty well.

I guess I would be willing to spend a little more to not deal with any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by sissypants View Post
    You're buying a problem with any cheap BXT/Tideace frame on eBay or Aliexpress. Don't do it.

I had several and built them up for various people last year and the year before and I had a huge amount of issues.

I have since built up dozens of higher-quality frames (that cost about 1.5-2 times more) and have had very few issues. At this price point, you are buying fancy junk.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    What about Tideace or bxt frames that have the same identical specs to tantan etc? Seems they end up about the same price.

What about light carbon?

www.mtbiker.ca

My Rides:

Is dang happy!

The Chainstays on the BXT are long and the frame is... compliant? I also have a Fr202 chiner that is a bit stiffer than the BXT and use both around the neighborhood. I am sure there are better frames out in the wild.
    The wheel is a extension of the foot

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Well many GOOD QUALITY and RELIABLE products are made in China, not everything is Chinesium grade as the YT'er "aVe" coins that term. Which to mean, low quality/cheap.

Trek, Giant, Cannondale most other brands are made in China. Dahon for example is good quality bicyce and made in China. They also make bicycles for REI. All Cerveolo carbon frames are made in China.

We can now assume that you meant cheap carbon 29er out of China. Which their are plenty of cheap options to choose from. Another aspect to fully look at is options for buying a good counterfeit carbon 29'er with the right geometry and suspension angles. Which there is plenty to choose from. It really is a hit or miss situation, and really is born out of internet forums where people will buy a bike, and compare then there becomes a following and more and more people start to analyze the bicycle frame and its components. Remember that China is famous for ripping companies off, counterfeiting whatever they want, stealing what ever information they want.

Taiwan exports 4.5M bikes/year, China 53.5M (China also supplies most of the CF to Taiwan)

There are lots of options to choose from when it comes to 29er carbon frame. Everything from an actual manufacturing line with technology built in, or completely manual human labor as labor is so cheap in China. Then there are the "small shop" manufacturers who would use cheap human labor but spit out a few bikes, on those the quality may very quite a bit more then say a larger counterfeit bike shop. Its just their way of life.

Aliexpress and Alibaba are the go to sources, but also MadeinChina website. Then there are the websites that cater to the Chinese marketplace, which I have ran into a few which I tried to setup an account and buy products from, but it took a lot of time to translate everything, setup a payment method, hiring a translator for phone/email communications. Thats why I like Aliexpress and Alibaba so much, but those websites are the wild wild east because there is little to no consumer protection.

I had a friend buy this frame.
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...65fc73e5mQphqf
    and it held up well. He went with a SLX component package and a quality fork and rear shock, which is what makes a bicycle stand out in terms of feel and handling capabilities. There is even a video of them quality testing their product on the alibaba storefront website.

Quote Originally Posted by crashplayer19 View Post
    So a few months ago on here I saw some threads about people looking for a chinese carbon 29er. I got interested in them and starting looking and I've finally found one.

mtbr member

Flyxii 27.5+ 29er

FLX-FR-703 ( 27.5er boost)

It says 27.5 x 3 inch tire. I will assume that also means 29 x 2.1 or 2.25 or so.

Any thoughts on the frame? Someone ordered one and built it up?

Important:
    Can anyone guess the standover height of the 20 inch frame. I am 6 feet tall. A 632 mm top tube means about a 80 or 90 mm stem.
    Chinese Carbon 29er-275.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post

It says 27.5 x 3 inch tire. I will assume that also means 29 x 2.1 or 2.25 or so.

Any thoughts on the frame? Someone ordered one and built it up?

Important:
    Can anyone guess the standover height of the 20 inch frame. I am 6 feet tall. A 632 mm top tube means about a 80 or 90 mm stem.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	275.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	1290735
    6 feet does not mean much.
    What is your inseams?

mtbr member
    Jul 2019

I just bought that frame and built it, and I love it. Had no issues of any kind at any point in the build.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Tell me more about the having to go PF though?
    My chiner FS is a PF, and I have had no issues.

My HT BXT has the BSA BB, and again, no issues at all. Its a damned nice frame so far, if you ask me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019

I highly respect your opinion, and I read most of your threads before I built 2 chiner 29ers.

Both of which I love a HT and a FS. I am abusing the FS as our trails are brutal here. So far so good. Just curious what issues your having with the new 2018 or newer bxt 046 frame.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4x4 View Post
    I had a friend buy this frame.
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...65fc73e5mQphqf
    and it held up well. He went with a SLX component package and a quality fork and rear shock, which is what makes a bicycle stand out in terms of feel and handling capabilities. There is even a video of them quality testing their product on the alibaba storefront website.
    That's the FS I built and abuse a few months ago. Fox34 up front fox evol for rear, sram eagle GX 12s 10-50 groupset. Cheap ifx crank and deckas 32t oval chainring. carbon 29er 30mm rims, continental 2018 crosskings. Im in at 26.5 lbs and this bike is a dream to trail.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019

banned
    Oct 2019

Chinese Carbon 29er

Seems like a good deal on paper. Boost frame and not expensive. Also good to avoid PF cause manufacturing tolerances need to be very strict to make it reliable. Given that frame has a decent long term sturdiness, I wonder how does it actually rides? Is it laterally stif, but without shaking teeth? Or is that the ultimate finesse one must sacrifice when going down the chiner path? It looks a bit harsh based on the classical wishbone seatstays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Wolf View Post
    Is it laterally stif, but without shaking teeth? Or is that the ultimate finesse one must sacrifice when going down the chiner path?

Here, any HT will beat you to death down trails at high speeds. Almost all bike frames are from china, so there is no sacrifice to speak of.

This chiner HT frame I just built is much more stable then my redline frame it replaced

mtbr member
    Is this the best option for a BSA with modern geo on a 27.5+ wheel set?

I am trying to find the slack head angle, longer reach, short chain stay geo that is all the rage these days to try out.

I built a 29er years ago and loved it never had any issues with it but it was purely XC.Chinese Carbon 29er-img_4201.jpgChinese Carbon 29er-img_4200.jpgChinese Carbon 29er-img_4217.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I think the way to get more modern geometry (especially a more slack HTA) would be to find a model that does not have an integrated headset and buy a 2 degree angle set. I recently did this with an 8 year old 26er for my daughter. The angle set was like $75 and let me slacken the HT and add a much longer fork. It worked quite well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Does anybody know details on the lcfs917 that LightCarbon teased on Facebook/Instagram back in September? Really curious on travel/geo/shock size, and launch date as I'm trying to choose a frame. Hoping it's 110-120mm rear that pedals well and maybe runs something other than a 165*38 shock so there's more options.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon 29er-lcfs917.jpg  

Is dang happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by subspd View Post

I am trying to find the slack head angle, longer reach, short chain stay geo that is all the rage these days to try out.

I built a 29er years ago and loved it never had any issues with it but it was purely XC.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4201.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	332.1 KB 
ID:	1290987Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4200.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	336.5 KB 
ID:	1290989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4217.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	377.3 KB 
ID:	1290991
    The top tube on the medium is not very long and seat tube angle is 70 degrees. 68.5 Head tube angle is not particularly "slack" but the chainstays are shorter than most chiners.
    The wheel is a extension of the foot

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerpss View Post
    Does anybody know details on the lcfs917 that LightCarbon teased on Facebook/Instagram back in September? Really curious on travel/geo/shock size, and launch date as I'm trying to choose a frame. Hoping it's 110-120mm rear that pedals well and maybe runs something other than a 165*38 shock so there's more options.
    I heard back from Lightcarbon. They said they're waiting for a big brand to take it and it's not open to end users right now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    I built a 29er years ago and loved it never had any issues with it but it was purely XC.Click image for larger version. 

That looks exactly like the frame I'm building up. Were you able to use the front derailleur route to run the dropper cable over the bb? I can see that it is open, still trying to fish it through there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by sapva View Post
    That looks exactly like the frame I'm building up. .
    BXT 046 frame?

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Outhouse View Post
    BXT 046 frame?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've seen it under other names as well. Actually the seat stays are slightly different and bb30 instead of bsa. Mine looks like Tideace-M009.
    Last edited by sapva; 11-09-2019 at 05:57 AM. Reason: update

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Snigirev View Post
    My new cheap 29 full-susp. bike is almost complete.
    Frame: TriFox TL-CFM-S01 (Toray 700)
    Fork: Manitou machette 100 mm (with ABS)
    Rear shock: Fox 165x45 Trunnion (with custom made trunnion mounting hardware kit cause the frame has only regular hardware for 165x38 shox)
    Wheels: chineese 30mm (inner) carbon rims witn Bitex hubs.

*What is that strange thing (pretty heavy) for on the downtube near of bottom bracket? Is it for Bafang electric engine? Does original American Eagle Flow has same?
    How's this bike treating you? The tire doesn't hit the seat tube when running the 165x45 shock? Looks like plenty of room in the back for a 29x2.35 tire on a 30mm ID rim?

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Hi all I have been reading this thread for 2 hours and now I think my mind is mush. So much info on so many different styles. I'm looking for a 29er hardtail frame that I can transfer the gear off my specialized epic too and eventually go 2x instead of the current 1x. It will be used for xc and gravel roads, general riding.

Also info on how I actually buy it would be good. I'm not real good on computers.

I had one a few years ago and loved it but can't remember where I got it.

Thanks in advance 😎

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    I like that frame where is it from?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    . I had the same thoughts. I bought one of those full suspension bikes from
    2013, a Kona Process at a swap meet. Could never get used to it. Every time I got on it, felt like I needed a ladder to get off because the bb was so high. Ended up getting rid of it

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Hi, just a quick question, some of the chinese manufacturers suggest a rear of shock of 190*50mm :

https://www.diycarbonbikes.com/colle...n-fs-mtb-frame

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3301...chweb201603_52

But, there is no such shock on the market after a long search. The closest is obviously the famous Monarch RT3 for instance which comes in 190*51.

My question is :
    Is the extra 1mm a problem ?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Lol no.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Was running a 110mm stem. It was $340.. not sure where I said 200.

mtbr member
    May 2012

Sissy,

What issues have you had with Tideace? You are one of the only people I have found to have issues with them. The FM-009 Frame seems to have nothing but positive reviews. I personally have built one up and have had no issues with it and race it pretty aggressively. It is not the most modern , but as far as issues pertaining to QC I have yet to encounter any.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Here's my Random Contribution to this thread. I have a 2014 Hung Fu with nearly 8000 miles on it and no issues. I originally built it up just to hang some old parts off of and as a commuter. The last 4 years it has been used for long, slow bike path rides and --don't judge --as an urban assault bike. This thing has been hucked to flat off stair, wall and curbs thousands of times. I have a hard time riding sanely and constant look for things to bunny hop over etc. The bike has outlasted a couple of forks and I'm about to put the original carbon Hung Fu 29er fork back on.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Recieved TRIFOX frame (also knows as American Eagle). Link to AliExpress

UPD for some time frame is not available thru ali express, but seller offers direct sales with paypal payments. does not looks like good idea, but it is as it is

Disassemled. Took photos

As was mentioned above - you get what you pay for. No magic - you wont get full carbon frame with finish like 3000+ brand frames will have

We cannot tested how its going cause its cold outside, fork\ammo dont work as have to

We wrote article about it (in russian) with lots of foto, parts on scales etc. link to article - https://alibuy.biz/2019/10/14/trifox100mm/

Chinese Carbon 29er-jp1.jpg

Chinese Carbon 29er-american-eagle-china11.jpg

Chinese Carbon 29er-dsc_6284.jpg

Chinese Carbon 29er-dsc_6324.jpg

Chinese Carbon 29er-9ec7b34f-0a68-46d2-922f-aaeaece3c08b.jpg
    Last edited by amer_ua; 05-25-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Thicc Member
    "Conclusion: A classic example of the fact that miracles do not happen. What looks good on advertising brochures, when disassembled, can present not one unpleasant surprise. We did not see the frame from American Eagle, but we doubt very much that the quality of processing of its components will be at the same low level. In the case of this frame, you get exactly as much as you paid."
    For $700, compared to $2500+ for name brand carbon frames, this still seems like a deal if it doesn't crack in a year of use.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    My one is good. I just ride it every day as a city bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I'm thinking of buying a frame and building it by switching over the parts from a current bike. Seems like it could be a fun project, but how difficult is it really?

The frame will come with the headset and bottom bracket (threaded). I'll have to get the correct size rear shock and cranks for the bottom bracket. Everything else I was gonna take off my current bike (fork, wheels, drivetrain, dropper, stem and bars, etc) How big of an undertaking is this? Is it way more difficult than I'm thinking?

I've done some repairs on my bikes before, but not a ton. I really enjoyed buying a used fork and switching it out. I even took the fork apart and switched the travel. It made me want to do more projects. But I've never adjusted a drive train or bled brakes. How much can YouTube and park tool website teach me?

I have another bike to ride while I do this project, so that's not an issue. What's the hardest part? Would anyone advise against this?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    potential problems can cause - steerer tube lengh, seatpost diameter, rear brake hose lengs, rear caliper and frame compatibility (some 4 pistons calipers wont fit some frames), new hardware needed to install rear caliper, dropper post hose lenght. also if you run front derailler - in wont fit in some cases.

the biggest hidden problem - cranksets. it could have same axle diameter, but wont fit normally some frames. if you are considering byuing new frames - its (almost) one problem away

the most expensive part (i think) - is a rear hub spacing. going from 142 to 142 is simple, but going from 142 assymetrical (lets say you have cdale) to 148 boost wont be so easy

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by richulr View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a frame and building it by switching over the parts from a current bike. Seems like it could be a fun project, but how difficult is it really?

The frame will come with the headset and bottom bracket (threaded). I'll have to get the correct size rear shock and cranks for the bottom bracket. Everything else I was gonna take off my current bike (fork, wheels, drivetrain, dropper, stem and bars, etc) How big of an undertaking is this? Is it way more difficult than I'm thinking?

I've done some repairs on my bikes before, but not a ton. I really enjoyed buying a used fork and switching it out. I even took the fork apart and switched the travel. It made me want to do more projects. But I've never adjusted a drive train or bled brakes. How much can YouTube and park tool website teach me?

I have another bike to ride while I do this project, so that's not an issue. What's the hardest part? Would anyone advise against this?
    Best thing is check everything in advance so you know what you are getting into. Cranks are a big pain, but sounds like you will be replacing those anyway. Do look out for chain ring clearance on the new frame. I tend to see and measure the installed BB with calipers before buying the cranks - there are way too many widths in general use. Make absolutely sure your steer tube is long enough, there's no working around that one. Drive train (less cranks) is easy. Rear brakes can be a challenge to mount and adjust, as every frame is different.

mtbr member
    Hi, I'm going to make a new bike to compete in XC and I was looking through different 29er BOOST frames. Among what I have looked for, I have seen that these 3 brands are the best choice:

- Pro-Mance
    - HongFu Bikes
    - TanTan Sports

Which of these brands do you recommend to make a new XC Hardtail 29er? Is there any better?

I want a frame with the same specs like this frame in 18" size:

https://www.radon-bikes.de/mountainb...rlite-1x-2020/

Regards.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've seen it under other names as well. Actually the seat stays are slightly different and bb30 instead of bsa. Mine looks like Tideace-M009.
    Finally got this built up at 23 lbs. Took it for a 2 hour ride and abused it pretty good for an XC frame.

The bad: Cable leaders were routed to the wrong places, took many hours to get the cables and hose routed mostly because the ports were just a little too tight. The BB and chain stays have way too much lateral flex for a heavier rider. Provided BB creaks horribly, really needs a glue-in BSA insert. Had to dremel the drop outs to get the wheel to go in/out without spreading the stays. It is really noisy, road noise, cable housings rattling, BB creaking, the thin frame makes a perfect resonator for every little noise (maybe inject foam into it?).

The good: Crazy light and didn't break (yet). Has a nice ride, not too stiff, not too soft. Unlike the chain stays, head tube seems stout enough.

About to tear it down to put the parts on another bike. May keep the frame around for a casual gravel type bike in the future.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by gontxo_nos View Post
    Hi, I'm going to make a new bike to compete in XC and I was looking through different 29er BOOST frames. Among what I have looked for, I have seen that these 3 brands are the best choice:

- Pro-Mance
    - HongFu Bikes
    - TanTan Sports

Which of these brands do you recommend to make a new XC Hardtail 29er? Is there any better?

I want a frame with the same specs like this frame in 18" size:

Regards.
    Carbonda, Lightcarbon and Miracle bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2019
    Does anyone have experience with xmcarbonspeed? I've emailed them 3 times in 2 weeks and haven't gotten a response. I wanted to see if the CS-199 is still available. It's on their website but not on the online store. CS-199 T800 29er mtb carbon bike frame for 142*12mm axle - Xiamen Carbon Speed Sport Goods Co.,Ltd

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Corona virus.

mtbr member
    Sep 2019

The guy running it has left

Quote Originally Posted by Hurst View Post
    Does anyone have experience with xmcarbonspeed? I've emailed them 3 times in 2 weeks and haven't gotten a response. I wanted to see if the CS-199 is still available. It's on their website but not on the online store. CS-199 T800 29er mtb carbon bike frame for 142*12mm axle - Xiamen Carbon Speed Sport Goods Co.,Ltd
    I personally don't have an experience. But the guy running it, Peter, has left it to chase success in blockchain technologies. Most of their successful designs are acquired by TanTan cycles.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Van Deventer View Post
    Carbonda, Lightcarbon and Miracle bike.
    I have looked at these bike frames:

29er ultralight carbon frame BOOST - MIRACLE bikes
    https://www.lightcarbon.com/lightwei...meset_p42.html
    FM386 - MTB - Carbonda Sports Equipment Co., Ltd.
    FLX-FR-706

Which bike frame has the measures more similar to the bike frame that I put before in 18" size?:

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Cant see the geo on the radon site. Its messed up on my phone do no way to compare.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Thanks and good to know on the cheap frames, kind of what I figured unfortunately. Tell me more about the having to go PF though? Do TanTan and some of the better chiner companies nail the PF tolerances pretty well.

I guess I would be willing to spend a little more to not deal with any issues.
    I had issues with my Tantan FM-06 BB92 bottom bracket. On visual inspection it looked fine. I ordered a custom BB92 bottom bracket from hambini. The bearings in the hambini shell spun fine. Then I put the BBshell (and bearings) into the frame. Now hte bearings stick! I installed the cranks and they don't spin freely at all. Replace the bearings - same problems. Talked to Hambini - thinks it is that the BB shell is too small and is putting pressure on his bottom bracket which is causing bearings to not work effectively. He recommended using a whiffle to enlarge the diameter of his BB and then inserting bearings again. Very reluctant to do this but felt there was not much option. Did it and now I have a working bike with cranks that spin freely but still not sure how many watts are being lost after buying an expensive BB from Hambini. All because the frame was not manufactured to the right tolerances. That's not so say I would not have had the same problems with a brand name frame but that was my experience with Tantan.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015

Tantan FM-06

Just wanted to share pics of the rather expensive Tantan FM-06 full suspension I built for my son. It is working out great so far other than issues with the bottom bracket (noted in the post above) and having to enlarge the hole on the top of the down tube to accommodate the rear derailleur cable and the rear brake cable. It is being raced in cyclocross, XC mtb and also ridden in a local DJ park. Weight is less than 22 lbs.Chinese Carbon 29er-img.jpg
    Chinese Carbon 29er-83913583_786252251883704_7588409185633566720_n.jpgChinese Carbon 29er-img_20191205_125657.jpgChinese Carbon 29er-img_20191205_125845.jpgChinese Carbon 29er-82854991_775668306275432_5335174913000996864_o.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2015

Help with hard tail 27.5 boost

Hi all,
    I have a set of boost 27.5 wheels that I am looking to use on a bike build for my daughter. Does anyone know of any boost 2.75 frames that would work for that?

Failing that are there any 29er frames you'd recommend that I would put these wheels onto? There are some I know of but have reservations about:

Tantan FM-199B SL:
    1) don't particularly to deal with flat mount,
    2) pictures do not show the cable entry point on the left of the head tube where I will want to thread rear derailleur cable and rear brake cable - don't want to have to enlarge that hole again

Tantan FM-299B:
    1) don't particularly to deal with flat mount,
    2) Picture of cable entry point on left hand side of head tube looks like it is only for 1 cable so I will not be able to get rear derailleur and rear brake cables in there - don't want such a tight curve in either of those cables which they would have to have if threaded into the right hand side of head tube

TanTan FM003:
    1) cables are routed outside the bike below the bottom bracket - don't want to have to deal with damage they might sustain being out there.
    2) seat tube and head tube angles are very different from FM199 and FM299
    3) Is website wrong when the say it is FM004? Geometry image says FM003.

Dengfu M04:
    1) Don't know much about this manufacturer, quality, prices, paint job - I want this bike to be pink!
    2) What is that strange tube like thing pointing up from the bottom bracket towards the saddle area just behind the bottom bracket Chinese Carbon 29er-3-1z522161q53.jpg
    3) has mounts for 2x which I will not use - could I use this for a chain catcher instead

Hongfu FM-199B:
    1) Don't know much about this manufacturer, quality, prices, paint job - I want this bike to be pink!
    2) Is this the exact same as Tantan FM-199B? Pictures look like BSA BB and tantan is BB92 BB. Entry point for cable(s) on right hand side of head tube looks different on tantan vs hongfu. Picture looks like post mount vs flat mount on tantan.

Pro-Mance M9009-B:
    1) 1) Don't know much about this manufacturer, quality, prices, paint job - I want this bike to be pink!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Is this fs SPcycle frame new? I keep an eye on the XL offerings (which have been relatively few compared to Large and smaller) and I don't recall seeing this one. My kid is racing really well on his bxt hardtail, - it's a bit tempting to swap everything over to something like this. ( - it looks like there's quite a few more XL offerings than even just a few months ago).
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Full...CikJq2vJpFJT_Q
    skidding is the signature of the novice; learn how to use your brakes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    This looks like a Scott Spark frame to me.

Quote Originally Posted by amer_ua View Post
    Recieved TRIFOX frame (also knows as American Eagle). Link to AliExpress

Disassemlet. Took photos

As was mentioned above - you get what you pay for. No magic - you wont get full carbon frame with finish like 3000+ brand frames will have

We cannot tested how its going cause its cold outside, fork\ammo dont work as have to

We wrote article about it (in russian) with lots of foto, parts on scales etc. link to article - https://alibuy.biz/2019/10/14/trifox100mm/

Name:	jp1.jpg 
Views:	735 
Size:	202.5 KB 
ID:	1301889

Name:	American-Eagle-China11.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	1301891

Name:	DSC_6284.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	1301893

Name:	DSC_6324.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	1301895

Name:	9ec7b34f-0a68-46d2-922f-aaeaece3c08b.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	196.8 KB 
ID:	1301897

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by shwndh View Post
    This looks like a Scott Spark frame to me.
    Swingarm is like the one in American Eagle.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydus View Post

Name:	82854991_775668306275432_5335174913000996864_o.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	352.4 KB 
ID:	1314147

He doesn't look very happy to be riding such a baller bike. No thanks Dad!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    This was posted in the Chinese Carbon Full Suspension thread, but I thought I'd post it here also.

We have a group buy going on over at chinertown.com for a great looking new frame. The frame is a Hightower clone and looks fantastic. We are going through haideli.com and they are offering a great discount if we can order thirty frames. The frames are usually $790, but the group buy will bring the frame price to $490. $490 for a carbon Hightower frame!!! It's worth taking a chance on.

One of the moderators at chinertown is organizing this, and a rep from haideli has been active on the forum answering any questions. Come on over and ask some questions if you are interested, or read a little about the frame. The rep (Eddy) said we can do individual shipping of the frames to wherever. Also the frames can be painted for an additional charge. There is a two year warranty on the frames, and Eddy is hoping to have the first built model ready to show us soon.

Here is the link for the group buy thread. If you're interested, come jump in. It's a killer deal!:

Chinese SC/AM831 Group Buy

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Any new chinese hardtails able to run 29x2.6 and 275x3 on a non-elevated chainstay?
    Work - Utility GIS Analyst
    Party - 2019 Guerrilla Gravity Revved Trail Pistol Sz 3

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Key thing to do with all these build yourself chiner bikes, is take every bearing out, and use bearing retainer after filling all bearings with marine grade grease. After 700 miles and 75,000 feet of climbing, mine were pretty dry and gritty. This transformed the bike, the suspension never felt this good even when it was new. 6 out of 10 pivot bearings were dry, and both bottom bracket bearings were dry but savable. The stock bearing grease is crap in all these.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Key thing to do with all these build yourself chiner bikes, is take every bearing out, and use bearing retainer after filling all bearings with marine grade grease. After 700 miles and 75,000 feet of climbing, mine were pretty dry and gritty. This transformed the bike, the suspension never felt this good even when it was new. 6 out of 10 pivot bearings were dry, and both bottom bracket bearings were dry but savable. The stock bearing grease is crap in all these.
    Yep before the first ride. Really could replace the bearings with max bearings right out the gate too.

But yep they never grease them. Same thing name brand frames I have checked.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Yep before the first ride. Really could replace the bearings with max bearings right out the gate too.

But yep they never grease them. Same thing name brand frames I have checked.
    I dont know what max bearings are, but sealed bearings would also be the key, the metal shields are worthless. Would be easy to just remove bearing cover and regrease, then have to remove the whole bearing

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I dont know what max bearings are, but sealed bearings would also be the key, the metal shields are worthless. Would be easy to just remove bearing cover and regrease, then have to remove the whole bearing
    Max means theres no plastic or metal carrier in the bearing its all balls. Which means more balls carry the load which makes them better for an application were they never spin a full rotation.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019

Carbon Speed Cycle 29er and 27.5 frames for sale at $100

Not sure if this is a misprint, but CSC is selling carbon 29er and 27.5 frames for only $100, including shipping, through the company's website.

https://www.carbonspeedcycle.com/201...-frameset.html

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon 29er-2020-05-20.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NatusEstInSuht View Post
    Not sure if this is a misprint, but CSC is selling carbon 29er and 27.5 frames for only $100, including shipping, through the company's website.

https://www.carbonspeedcycle.com/201...-frameset.html

That link worked first thing this morning, but now I can't get any of the site to open up. Shame, I have a wheelset that I want to put on a frame but I'm being mega-cheap on it, so $100 sounded great!
    Silly bike things happening.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlands R&C View Post
    That link worked first thing this morning, but now I can't get any of the site to open up. Shame, I have a wheelset that I want to put on a frame but I'm being mega-cheap on it, so $100 sounded great!
    Same. I was like **** it $100 I'm buying one. But it seems maybe that price has crashed the website.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Same. I was like **** it $100 I'm buying one. But it seems maybe that price has crashed the website.
    I did order a 27.5 frame before the site went down. I have a barely used and complete Shimano Sora drop-bar groupset, an FSA 46/30 crankset and handlebars along with a pair of Promax Decode R calipers and discs I picked up for $140 CAD a few months ago. I figured for a $100 frame, I'll have most on the ingredients for a fun and inexpensive monster cross bike.

Let's see if CarbonSpeedCycle honours the $100 purchase. If they do, I'll have some fun. If not... nothing lost!

mtbr member
    Keep up posted on if there are any issues/problems/changes with the $100 price.
    I'm going to keep monitoring it, because I also have too many parts and no frame to hang them on and this could be a fun little bike (I'd mainly use it for urban riding).

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    I'm going to keep monitoring it, because I also have too many parts and no frame to hang them on and this could be a fun little bike (I'd mainly use it for urban riding).
    Have one of those. It's not a bad urban bike. Way too light and fragile for full speed trail. Mine came out to 22 lbs. BB was 1/2 mm too wide, had to dremel the drop outs to get the rear wheel in, and it's absurdly noisy. Other than that and the 20 hours spent routing cables it has been surprisingly good. Has been 5 months and can't believe I haven't broken it yet.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Will do!

Professional Troll
    I'm looking at building up some kind of rigid hardtail flat bar gravel bike. Something to compliment my current latest gen highball. Hopefully it will be the ultimate Marin headlands gravel bike.

Has anyone found a frame with the following requirements? Seems like every frame I can find is missing at least 1 or 2.

1. >470mm reach
    2. F. derail compatible, min 36t max, but preferably 38 (34t is too small which most seem to be)
    3. threaded BB
    4. 12x148 rear dropouts
    5. At least 3 water bottle mounts (preferably some top tube mounts too, but not needed)
    6. Post mount, not flat mount brakes
    7. External brake routing prefered, but not needed.

I was planning on going
    -2x12 XT setup (26-38t)
    -9-46 E13 cassette
    -29x2 gravel tires, Maxxis Rambler
    -Some 240 hubs laced to hella light carbon rims, maybe even deep aero ones.
    -Whiskey boost fork
    -8" front rotor, 6" rear.

I'd be targeting sub 19 pounds.

mtbr member
    Have one of those. It's not a bad urban bike. Way too light and fragile for full speed trail. Mine came out to 22 lbs. BB was 1/2 mm too wide, had to dremel the drop outs to get the rear wheel in, and it's absurdly noisy. Other than that and the 20 hours spent routing cables it has been surprisingly good. Has been 5 months and can't believe I haven't broken it yet.
    Did it comes with both dropout styles/thru axle? Site is up finally, and I have one in cart, but wasn't sure what small parts if any come with it.

mtbr member
    Ladies/ Gentlemen,

Hope all is well in light of the present health climate, has anyone ordered anything from FlyXii recently ? Its my first time ordering from them with all these restrictions in anything from China.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    FYI. CSC's website is up and running again. They have not changed the price. Still listed for $100.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Did it comes with both dropout styles/thru axle? Site is up finally, and I have one in cart, but wasn't sure what small parts if any come with it.
    Mine came with both dropout part sets. Also included seat post collar, headset, BB. The supplied BB creaked from the first pedal stroke, so replaced with a Token threaded style, and then the cranks wouldn't fit because the shell is slightly too wide. Suggest the clamping spline type crank set where you have a few mm's latitude on the width.

Note: Have seen this same bike from a number of vendors, better to check with this seller on the parts they include.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    From the webpage in the 'details' section...

Package include: Frame +Clamp +Headset+Rear Hangers + thru-alex

mtbr member
    From the webpage in the 'details' section...

Package include: Frame +Clamp +Headset+Rear Hangers + thru-alex
    Who is Alex, and do I want him as part of the purchase?
    Thanks, I totally glossed over that earlier.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    FYI. CSC's website is up and running again. They have not changed the price. Still listed for $100.
    So is this seller legit? I want to pick up 2 for spare parts builds, but don't want to have issues, or wait 12 weeks etc.

edit: ebay feedback is poor. Mostly about sending wrong item, or not sending it at all... hmm.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by smashysmashy View Post
    So is this seller legit? I want to pick up 2 for spare parts builds, but don't want to have issues, or wait 12 weeks etc.

edit: ebay feedback is poor. Mostly about sending wrong item, or not sending it at all... hmm.
    I got some fatbike hubs from them last December on ebay. Other than the shipping being kind of slow (it was the holiday season) they were fine.

mtbr member
    Must admit, I'm not great at ebay, so I can't find the seller....
    I'm verrrrrry tempted, but part of me thinks I should just sell my parts instead of building up another bike.

mtbr member
    The website seemed to work last night, so I went ahead and ordered one. $100 through Paypal doesn't seem like a huge risk.
    http://www.bikingtoplay.blogspot.com/
    RIGID, not "ridged" or "ridgid"
    PEDAL, not "peddle." Unless you're selling stuff

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Well ordered one of these, hope we get it. Been thinking of a new 29er build for a while but decided to spend on other things

www.mtbiker.ca

My Rides:

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I pulled the trigger on this frame as well and paid through PayPal. I never received an order confirmation email or anything of that sort. I emailed CSC through their website the other day and have yet to hear back. Now their site is down again

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    DENG FU 29 frame. 100mm traver, 142x12, shock size 165x38

Link on AliExpress

This frame proved to be good enought to recommend.

Usage period - 1 year

Additional caps to protect bearings in main pivot were installed. Specer between bearings in main pivot were added.

Maybe its quite outdated in terms of geometry, but it holds well with 80kg rider with aggressive style

Right now frames can only be delivered by DHL, so you pay up to 200USD more, or wait until normal postage traffic resumes

more photo can be found here

also front derailler was installed. more photos with build process can be found here

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by seat_boy View Post
    The website seemed to work last night, so I went ahead and ordered one. $100 through Paypal doesn't seem like a huge risk.
    Well ordered one of these, hope we get it. Been thinking of a new 29er build for a while but decided to spend on other things

Quote Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
    I pulled the trigger on this frame as well and paid through PayPal. I never received an order confirmation email or anything of that sort. I emailed CSC through their website the other day and have yet to hear back. Now their site is down again
    I've received an email from PayPal a short while ago letting me know me CSC has refunded my money. I didn't ask for a refund, so it looks like the $100 price was a mistake. I'm not really surprised it was a mistake, so I'm not fussed by this.

I've ordered a Kinlin / Powerway wheelset from Carbon Speed Cycles a few years ago and still use them to this day. They're a legit business that is not out to scam customers.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Still listed at $100.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    This was "Tom's" explanation for the $100 price...

Chinese Carbon 29er-screen-shot-2020-05-30-10.27.12-pm.png

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Ahh, so its for cheating taxes...

mtbr member
    Can't wait to get my refund

mtbr member
    Ordered on Wednesday, no response yet. Wonder how long it'll take for them to sort through all the "$100" orders

mtbr member
    Got my refund and response from CBC last night, oh well

방랑외국인
    https://www.framedbikes.com/products...x-carbon-frame

Framed carbon demo hardtails are $345 shipped from St Paul. Comes with Framed Bikes' 5 year warranty, in 16, 18 or 20in sizes. I think for this price, you're going to have much less headaches, more riding. Still old school 69 degree headangle geometry, but overall not bad.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by motard5 View Post
    https://www.framedbikes.com/products...x-carbon-frame

Framed carbon demo hardtails are $345 shipped from St Paul. Comes with Framed Bikes' 5 year warranty, in 16, 18 or 20in sizes. I think for this price, you're going to have much less headaches, more riding. Still old school 69 degree headangle geometry, but overall not bad.

They are designed for what rim size, tire size??

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

My new bike - Airwolf 29er

Update:

Hi, I didn't find any review of Yaoflying carbon frame and I just received my order! I will try to post everything about components for my next bike!!

FORK: Manitou Machete - 15x100mm - remote lock
    Drivetrain: SRAM GX Eagle (X0 carbon crankset)
    WHEELS: Novatec D771 Hubs - DT SWISS Champion 2.0
    BRAKES: SRAM Guide R
    + Chinese carbon components
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon 29er-sem-t%EDtulo.jpg  

Chinese Carbon 29er-sem-t%EDtulo2.jpg  

Chinese Carbon 29er-sem-t%EDtulo3.jpg  

Chinese Carbon 29er-sem-t%EDtulo4.jpg  

Chinese Carbon 29er-sem-t%EDtulo5.jpg  

Chinese Carbon 29er-sem-t%EDtulo.png  

Chinese Carbon 29er-whatsapp-image-2020-08-22-14.18.43.jpg  

Last edited by ocorlaiti; 08-23-2020 at 04:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ocorlaiti View Post
    Update:

Hi, I didn't find any review of Yaoflying carbon frame and I just received my order! I will try to post everything about components for my next bike!!

FORK: Manitou Machete - 15x100mm - remote lock
    Drivetrain: SRAM GX Eagle (X0 carbon crankset)
    WHEELS: Novatec D771 Hubs - DT SWISS Champion 2.0
    BRAKES: SRAM Guide R
    + Chinese carbon components

Any update on how the frame handles?

mtbr member
    Sep 2020

How much would you pay for this Edge Design Pyrenees 29er?

Hi Fab and knowledgeable people.
    I bumped into this thread when researching Edge Design and I know next to nothing about Chinese frames so please let me know what you think one should be paying for this build:
    https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/it...s-full-carbon/
    The components look decent, I would just like to know what you think a fair price is for this.
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Help!!!!!! I ordered what I think is a FR-200 or some other variant from Flyxii on their EBay store. I finally received it a few days ago. To my horror I received bb30 not a BSA. This is after waiting close to 2 months. I reached out to them, and their reply was “ we will refund you $18 to get a BB adapter for a BSA”. Now I’m a reasonable guy, but I have already purchased SRAM NX groupset for a BSA. It would be a hassle to report this to EBay/PayPal. But to utilize an adaptor? I’ve never heard of such an adaptor until now. Now has any one used such an adaptor? If so, are they practical ? Or should i just sell the crank from the groupset and pick one up that works with a bb30 ? I need some help with this decision. Help!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Raswin View Post
    Help!!!!!! Or should i just sell the crank from the groupset and pick one up that works with a bb30 ? I need some help with this decision. Help!!!!!!!!!!

Me personally I'd avoid the adapter and go through the hassle of buying a bb30 crankset that fits the frame and sell the crankset you have on fleabay or such. Getting the crankset adjusted and playing nicely with the bottom bracket can be enough of a challenge without introducing a third party component (the adapter) that could result in headaches. You only wanna do this once.

Besides, the BB30 is a fine bottom bracket design and common with these frames in my experience.

mtbr member

Chinese Carbon 29er

Quote Originally Posted by Soupamoto View Post
    Me personally I'd avoid the adapter and go through the hassle of buying a bb30 crankset that fits the frame and sell the crankset you have on fleabay or such. Getting the crankset adjusted and playing nicely with the bottom bracket can be enough of a challenge without introducing a third party component (the adapter) that could result in headaches. You only wanna do this once.

Besides, the BB30 is a fine bottom bracket design and common with these frames in my experience.
    I thought as much, I agree with you. Is there any recommendations on bottom bracket crank combo you recommend from SRAM. I’ll just sell the crank and keep the derailer and chain. I appreciate your help....

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    If your SRAM NX cranks are DUB, the easiest route is a new Bottom Bracket - https://www.sram.com/en/sram/models/bb-dub-bb30-a1

mtbr member

Chinese Carbon 29er

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    If your SRAM NX cranks are DUB, the easiest route is a new Bottom Bracket - https://www.sram.com/en/sram/models/bb-dub-bb30-a1
    Unfortunately they are not dubs. So you are saying any SRAM dubs works with both BSA and bb30 crankset ? Never understood the meaning of the DUBs line.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Raswin View Post
    Unfortunately they are not dubs. So you are saying any SRAM dubs works with both BSA and bb30 crankset ? Never understood the meaning of the DUBs line.

For better or worse, DUB is a mostly all inclusive spindle/BB setup. The crank spindle is 28.99mm, and SRAM produce BB's for pretty much every frame style - BSA, BB/PF30, PF92, etc. Alas they don't make one for my old Trek hardtail which has the short lived Trek BB90 standard, but for almost everything else the BB is readily available. In their reasoning it consolidated their 24/22 GXP and 30mm spindle lines, meaning they only have to produce one crank spindle across their crank range.

I'm assuming your NX crank is then a GXP spindle/BB, for that you'll need something like th Praxis Works BB30->GXP BB, which is essentially a BB30 sized BB with GXP sized bearings.

mtbr member

Chinese Carbon 29er

For better or worse, DUB is a mostly all inclusive spindle/BB setup. The crank spindle is 28.99mm, and SRAM produce BB's for pretty much every frame style - BSA, BB/PF30, PF92, etc. Alas they don't make one for my old Trek hardtail which has the short lived Trek BB90 standard, but for almost everything else the BB is readily available. In their reasoning it consolidated their 24/22 GXP and 30mm spindle lines, meaning they only have to produce one crank spindle across their crank range.

I'm assuming your NX crank is then a GXP spindle/BB, for that you'll need something like th Praxis Works BB30->GXP BB, which is essentially a BB30 sized BB with GXP sized bearings.
    So if I happen to get a dub, I can get a bb30 bottom bracket and I’ll be fine ?

And yes the NX Crank is a gxp, in that case I’ll give my sister my crank and buy me a xx1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273502649914

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Yep, if you find a DUB Crank, you'll be able to get a DUB BB30 BB and it'll all fit in fine.

That's a big upgrade from the NX to an XX1!

mtbr member

Chinese Carbon 29er

Yep, if you find a DUB Crank, you'll be able to get a DUB BB30 BB and it'll all fit in fine.

That's a big upgrade from the NX to an XX1!
    Yes sir, it would be a huge upgrade... but what if I get this? Would a 12spd setup needed as well the “Eagle chain” I have a 11spd set up

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    You'll be fine running an Eagle Crank with an 11sp setup. I've got a similar setup on one of my hardtails - a GX Eagle Crank with a 30t Eagle chainring, running a Shimano 11sp drivetrain for the rest (shifter, derailleur, chain, cassette).

Unless you're really chasing weight reduction, the GX Eagle DUB crank is very good bang for buck. It'll be much lighter than your current NX, and much cheaper than the X01/XX1 crank.

mtbr member
    You'll be fine running an Eagle Crank with an 11sp setup. I've got a similar setup on one of my hardtails - a GX Eagle Crank with a 30t Eagle chainring, running a Shimano 11sp drivetrain for the rest (shifter, derailleur, chain, cassette).

Unless you're really chasing weight reduction, the GX Eagle DUB crank is very good bang for buck. It'll be much lighter than your current NX, and much cheaper than the X01/XX1 crank.
    Got it... thanks

mtbr member
    Came across a frame listing on pinkbike from diycarbonbikes.com so I searched the forum and I see one post above mentioning that site; curious if anyone has any experience with their frames.
    2012 Canfield Brothers Yelli Screamy
    2002 Gary Fisher Mamba

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    I'm thinking of buying a bike from ican, does anyone know if icanbikes.com and icancycling.com is the same company?

Can I buy parts from china and build a better bike than their prebuilts at ~$4k CAD?

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by freerider_4life View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a bike from ican, does anyone know if icanbikes.com and icancycling.com is the same company?

Can I buy parts from china and build a better bike than their prebuilts at ~$4k CAD?
    I am near Montreal and my suggestion is get a new Giant or RockyMountain with that budget. You will have service from your LBS and value if you choose to sell it. Just test the bike, make sure the frame is a good fit for you. 2020 or 2021 makes no difference. In the next month there will also be good buys available. Guys who work in the industry change each year because they have good discounts so watch facebook and kijiji.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Members who have read this thread: 523