Chinese Carbon 29er - Page 50- Mtbr.com
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950
Results 9,801 to 9,829 of 9829
    all your base
    Just another data point on the Tideace. Have been riding mine with a wheels mfg ebb for two years now, no issues. I'm 153 pounds, but have not experience any slipping. The BB does have a tube that goes all the way from one side to the other, I think that might make it one of the better options for use with an EBB that uses a clamping force to secure it.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I run an 80mm Wren stem on my Large. Is the reach super modern? Nope. Is it what I am used to for many years? Yep. It works.

I got mine from the Tideace store on Ali.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3262...chweb201603_52

It is $280 right now. Prices have gone up a bit I guess. Inflation and a trade war will do that you know.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Winter is here, looking to get back into riding some more next year.

Looking for suggestions for specific frames or "brands" to look at.

My current ride is a Giant Anthem (But its old) it had the 3.5" rear Maestro susp and a 100mm Manitou R7 fork.

I will be doing XC riding, I'm about 190 lbs, and not the fastest rider. Won't be doing any jumps unless forced to. I don't want something meant strictly for XC racing as I do hit stuff occasionally and I'd like something to give me some confidence over more technical sections and not beat me up too much on longer rides.

Thinking of a 29er HT. Do you guys think that would be appropriate? If the geometry was a little more relaxed and a bit more trail capable than the Anthem that would be great. Mainly wanna be over to roll through rock gardens faster. Some of the slacker angle short stay 29er frames sound interesting.
    www.mtbiker.ca

My Rides:
    FSR XC -R7 Platinum - SRAM X7 (26.5lbs)
    Cervelo SLC - SRAM Rival - Reynolds DV46T (16.25 lbs)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbgobie View Post

My current ride is a Giant Anthem (But its old) it had the 3.5" rear Maestro susp and a 100mm Manitou R7 fork.

I will be doing XC riding, I'm about 190 lbs, and not the fastest rider. Won't be doing any jumps unless forced to. I don't want something meant strictly for XC racing as I do hit stuff occasionally and I'd like something to give me some confidence over more technical sections and not beat me up too much on longer rides.

Thinking of a 29er HT. Do you guys think that would be appropriate? If the geometry was a little more relaxed and a bit more trail capable than the Anthem that would be great. Mainly wanna be over to roll through rock gardens faster.
    I'd recommend a TanTan FM-199B:

tantancycling.com/index.php?_m=mod_product&_a=view&p_id=713

https://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/t...d-1100653.html

Throw a 120mm fork on there (Fox 34 SC? SID 120mm?) and you're looking at a capable trail-oriented XC bike. Chiner harddtail frames don't get much more trail-oriented in terms of geometry (i.e. longer reach, slacker HTA). As it stands, this frame has the same geo as the Scott Scale, so it can be built to match your ride demands.

$350 frame + $75 shipping to USA + optional $50-$80 for paint. If you can't get that price, PM me.
    Follow me on Strava, Instagram @therealsissypants, and Facebook

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks, was hoping you would reply. Will take a look now

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
    www.mtbiker.ca

My Rides:

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bbgobie View Post

Thinking of a 29er HT. Do you guys think that would be appropriate? If the geometry was a little more relaxed and a bit more trail capable than the Anthem that would be great. Mainly wanna be over to roll through rock gardens faster. Some of the slacker angle short stay 29er frames sound interesting.
    I am riding similar to you.
    Try to do a few tests but i think you would appreciate(like me) an HT 120/130 either 27.5x2.8 or 29x2.6

mtbr member
    I am looking to give one of these Chinese carbon frames a try. Whatever I end up with will only see light dirt duties and neighborhood cruises. My FS rigs will get 98% of dirt duties. The chinese build could see a race once a year. I want to avoid any frames needing a pressfit BB.

What do you guys think of the frame in the link below? I don't want to buy a problem but don't want to spend a bunch either.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-NEW-29...r=521895820427

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdrunk View Post
    I am looking to give one of these Chinese carbon frames a try. Whatever I end up with will only see light dirt duties and neighborhood cruises. My FS rigs will get 98% of dirt duties. The chinese build could see a race once a year. I want to avoid any frames needing a pressfit BB.

What do you guys think of the frame in the link below? I don't want to buy a problem but don't want to spend a bunch either.

You're buying a problem with any cheap BXT/Tideace frame on eBay or Aliexpress. Don't do it.

I had several and built them up for various people last year and the year before and I had a huge amount of issues.

I have since built up dozens of higher-quality frames (that cost about 1.5-2 times more) and have had very few issues. At this price point, you are buying fancy junk.

You probably won't get a good chiner 29er without a PF BB.
    Follow me on Strava, Instagram @therealsissypants, and Facebook

mtbr member
    Thanks and good to know on the cheap frames, kind of what I figured unfortunately. Tell me more about the having to go PF though? Do TanTan and some of the better chiner companies nail the PF tolerances pretty well.

I guess I would be willing to spend a little more to not deal with any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by sissypants View Post
    You're buying a problem with any cheap BXT/Tideace frame on eBay or Aliexpress. Don't do it.

I had several and built them up for various people last year and the year before and I had a huge amount of issues.

I have since built up dozens of higher-quality frames (that cost about 1.5-2 times more) and have had very few issues. At this price point, you are buying fancy junk.

You probably won't get a good chiner 29er without a PF BB.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    What about Tideace or bxt frames that have the same identical specs to tantan etc? Seems they end up about the same price.

What about light carbon?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
    www.mtbiker.ca

My Rides:

Is dang happy!

The Chainstays on the BXT are long and the frame is... compliant? I also have a Fr202 chiner that is a bit stiffer than the BXT and use both around the neighborhood. I am sure there are better frames out in the wild.
    The wheel is a extension of the foot

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Well many GOOD QUALITY and RELIABLE products are made in China, not everything is Chinesium grade as the YT'er "aVe" coins that term. Which to mean, low quality/cheap.

Trek, Giant, Cannondale most other brands are made in China. Dahon for example is good quality bicyce and made in China. They also make bicycles for REI. All Cerveolo carbon frames are made in China.

We can now assume that you meant cheap carbon 29er out of China. Which their are plenty of cheap options to choose from. Another aspect to fully look at is options for buying a good counterfeit carbon 29'er with the right geometry and suspension angles. Which there is plenty to choose from. It really is a hit or miss situation, and really is born out of internet forums where people will buy a bike, and compare then there becomes a following and more and more people start to analyze the bicycle frame and its components. Remember that China is famous for ripping companies off, counterfeiting whatever they want, stealing what ever information they want.

Taiwan exports 4.5M bikes/year, China 53.5M (China also supplies most of the CF to Taiwan)

There are lots of options to choose from when it comes to 29er carbon frame. Everything from an actual manufacturing line with technology built in, or completely manual human labor as labor is so cheap in China. Then there are the "small shop" manufacturers who would use cheap human labor but spit out a few bikes, on those the quality may very quite a bit more then say a larger counterfeit bike shop. Its just their way of life.

Aliexpress and Alibaba are the go to sources, but also MadeinChina website. Then there are the websites that cater to the Chinese marketplace, which I have ran into a few which I tried to setup an account and buy products from, but it took a lot of time to translate everything, setup a payment method, hiring a translator for phone/email communications. Thats why I like Aliexpress and Alibaba so much, but those websites are the wild wild east because there is little to no consumer protection.

I had a friend buy this frame.
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...65fc73e5mQphqf
    and it held up well. He went with a SLX component package and a quality fork and rear shock, which is what makes a bicycle stand out in terms of feel and handling capabilities. There is even a video of them quality testing their product on the alibaba storefront website.

Quote Originally Posted by crashplayer19 View Post
    So a few months ago on here I saw some threads about people looking for a chinese carbon 29er. I got interested in them and starting looking and I've finally found one.

mtbr member

Flyxii 27.5+ 29er

FLX-FR-703 ( 27.5er boost)

It says 27.5 x 3 inch tire. I will assume that also means 29 x 2.1 or 2.25 or so.

Any thoughts on the frame? Someone ordered one and built it up?

Important:
    Can anyone guess the standover height of the 20 inch frame. I am 6 feet tall. A 632 mm top tube means about a 80 or 90 mm stem.
    Chinese Carbon 29er-275.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisx View Post

It says 27.5 x 3 inch tire. I will assume that also means 29 x 2.1 or 2.25 or so.

Any thoughts on the frame? Someone ordered one and built it up?

Important:
    Can anyone guess the standover height of the 20 inch frame. I am 6 feet tall. A 632 mm top tube means about a 80 or 90 mm stem.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	275.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	1290735
    6 feet does not mean much.
    What is your inseams?

mtbr member
    Jul 2019

I just bought that frame and built it, and I love it. Had no issues of any kind at any point in the build.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Tell me more about the having to go PF though?
    My chiner FS is a PF, and I have had no issues.

My HT BXT has the BSA BB, and again, no issues at all. Its a damned nice frame so far, if you ask me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by sissypants View Post

I highly respect your opinion, and I read most of your threads before I built 2 chiner 29ers.

Both of which I love a HT and a FS. I am abusing the FS as our trails are brutal here. So far so good. Just curious what issues your having with the new 2018 or newer bxt 046 frame.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4x4 View Post
    I had a friend buy this frame.
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...65fc73e5mQphqf
    and it held up well. He went with a SLX component package and a quality fork and rear shock, which is what makes a bicycle stand out in terms of feel and handling capabilities. There is even a video of them quality testing their product on the alibaba storefront website.
    That's the FS I built and abuse a few months ago. Fox34 up front fox evol for rear, sram eagle GX 12s 10-50 groupset. Cheap ifx crank and deckas 32t oval chainring. carbon 29er 30mm rims, continental 2018 crosskings. Im in at 26.5 lbs and this bike is a dream to trail.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019

mtbr member

Chinese Carbon 29er

Seems like a good deal on paper. Boost frame and not expensive. Also good to avoid PF cause manufacturing tolerances need to be very strict to make it reliable. Given that frame has a decent long term sturdiness, I wonder how does it actually rides? Is it laterally stif, but without shaking teeth? Or is that the ultimate finesse one must sacrifice when going down the chiner path? It looks a bit harsh based on the classical wishbone seatstays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Wolf View Post
    Is it laterally stif, but without shaking teeth? Or is that the ultimate finesse one must sacrifice when going down the chiner path?

Here, any HT will beat you to death down trails at high speeds. Almost all bike frames are from china, so there is no sacrifice to speak of.

This chiner HT frame I just built is much more stable then my redline frame it replaced

mtbr member
    Is this the best option for a BSA with modern geo on a 27.5+ wheel set?

I am trying to find the slack head angle, longer reach, short chain stay geo that is all the rage these days to try out.

I built a 29er years ago and loved it never had any issues with it but it was purely XC.Chinese Carbon 29er-img_4201.jpgChinese Carbon 29er-img_4200.jpgChinese Carbon 29er-img_4217.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I think the way to get more modern geometry (especially a more slack HTA) would be to find a model that does not have an integrated headset and buy a 2 degree angle set. I recently did this with an 8 year old 26er for my daughter. The angle set was like $75 and let me slacken the HT and add a much longer fork. It worked quite well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Does anybody know details on the lcfs917 that LightCarbon teased on Facebook/Instagram back in September? Really curious on travel/geo/shock size, and launch date as I'm trying to choose a frame. Hoping it's 110-120mm rear that pedals well and maybe runs something other than a 165*38 shock so there's more options.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon 29er-lcfs917.jpg  

Is dang happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by subspd View Post
    Is this the best option for a BSA with modern geo on a 27.5+ wheel set?

I am trying to find the slack head angle, longer reach, short chain stay geo that is all the rage these days to try out.

I built a 29er years ago and loved it never had any issues with it but it was purely XC.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4201.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	332.1 KB 
ID:	1290987Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4200.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	336.5 KB 
ID:	1290989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4217.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	377.3 KB 
ID:	1290991
    The top tube on the medium is not very long and seat tube angle is 70 degrees. 68.5 Head tube angle is not particularly "slack" but the chainstays are shorter than most chiners.
    The wheel is a extension of the foot

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerpss View Post
    Does anybody know details on the lcfs917 that LightCarbon teased on Facebook/Instagram back in September? Really curious on travel/geo/shock size, and launch date as I'm trying to choose a frame. Hoping it's 110-120mm rear that pedals well and maybe runs something other than a 165*38 shock so there's more options.
    I heard back from Lightcarbon. They said they're waiting for a big brand to take it and it's not open to end users right now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by subspd View Post
    I built a 29er years ago and loved it never had any issues with it but it was purely XC.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4201.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	332.1 KB 
ID:	1290987Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4200.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	336.5 KB 
ID:	1290989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4217.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	377.3 KB 
ID:	1290991
    That looks exactly like the frame I'm building up. Were you able to use the front derailleur route to run the dropper cable over the bb? I can see that it is open, still trying to fish it through there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by sapva View Post
    That looks exactly like the frame I'm building up. .
    BXT 046 frame?

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Outhouse View Post
    BXT 046 frame?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've seen it under other names as well. Actually the seat stays are slightly different and bb30 instead of bsa. Mine looks like Tideace-M009.
    Last edited by sapva; 2 Days Ago at 05:57 AM. Reason: update

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Members who have read this thread: 640