mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Chinese 29er Pro-Mance 7007 II Love this bike

Been on the bike for roughly 3 months and it's awesome. Perfect for 40 milers in Southern California. As shown it weighs 22 pounds 6 ozs and this is not a weight weenie build by any stretch. All dependable parts with a great weight to strength ratio. Plenty of travel for long singletrack rides and I have a RFX thats all coil for when I want to do bigger riding. Frame weight was 1920 grams. Big shout out to Sissypants for helping me get everything picked out and here before the frame arrived. His help allowed me to be riding within two days of it's arrival!

Chinese 29er Pro-Mance 7007 II Love this bike-img_9595.jpgChinese 29er Pro-Mance 7007 II Love this bike-img_9596.jpg

mtbr member
    Congrats on the build, looks classy and rowdy!

22.3 lbs isn't heavy, that's pretty good for the tires and drivetrain you've specced! Considering the $11,000+ Scott Spark RC 900 SL bike comes in at 21 lbs without pedals.

Does your frame weight include the derailleur hanger, cable ports, and rear axle? I'm not sure how much the M9007 and M7007 would differ weight-wise, but apparently pretty close.

mtbr member
    What is the rear travel on these Chiner frames? 100mm? Does anyone know if similar frames are offered in 130-150mm range? It's a bit difficult to be exactly sure what you're looking at on these Aliexpress ads where English is not the primary original language.

The prices on these are great for people like me who prefer to do frame-up builds....I don't see a need to pay more than twice as much for some popular bike company's sticker set, especially when they are all made in China.

I've read your build thread, sissypants (LOL on the name). I bought the same (or nearly the same) Aliexpress carbon fiber seat after reading your thread. Actually a great seat.

mtbr member
    Nice build. Really thinking about picking one up to replace my 062.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegill View Post
    What is the rear travel on these Chiner frames? 100mm? Does anyone know if similar frames are offered in 130-150mm range?
    I built up my frame with 100mm of travel front and rear.

I haven't researched frames with more travel than that, but I believe some of the new Stumpjumper-esque frames would take a bit more:

Stumpjumper-esque 27.5/29er boost frame from TanTan

Also within reason is the Nukeproof Mega frameset going for $1400 right now including
    a RockShox UltraDeluxe shock (165mm travel), headset, and shipping:

Nukeproof Mega 275 Carbon Frame 2018 | Chain Reaction Cycles

A good enduro bike from China will generally set you back $800 after shipping and payment fees, so the Nukeproof with the $400 shock comes out to just $200 more with fast shipping and very reliable linkages.

I've read your build thread, sissypants (LOL on the name). I bought the same (or nearly the same) Aliexpress carbon fiber seat after reading your thread. Actually a great seat.
    I'm still riding the same seat! More than 2000 miles on it now

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    My frame came in today. Pro-mance M7007-II size 19. It was over weight, as I expected. The scales in china must go by a different standard, I swear. IT was supposed to be 1,868+-50gr according to the Pro-mance proposal, which I called his attention to before the work proceeded. Anyways, The build starts soon, but since this is the end of MTB season here in MI, I'm fine riding the bikes I already have until spring. All other parts are in and weighed, bike should be 21.5# with pedals.
    Another shout out to mr pants for some help with his initial build list, which got me going and saved some time.the build list.Chinese 29er Pro-Mance 7007 II Love this bike-img_20181022_172454731.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    My frame came in today. Pro-mance M7007-II size 19. It was over weight, as I expected. The scales in china must go by a different standard, I swear. IT was supposed to be 1,868+-50gr according to the Pro-mance proposal, which I called his attention to before the work proceeded. Anyways, The build starts soon, but since this is the end of MTB season here in MI, I'm fine riding the bikes I already have until spring. All other parts are in and weighed, bike should be 21.5# with pedals.
    Another shout out to mr pants for some help with his initial build list, which got me going and saved some time.the build list.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181022_172454731.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	1221798
    There is some variation in how much a carbon frame weighs due to the amount of epoxy slathered between layers. Most significantly, however, your glossy clearcoat layer (if that's what I'm seeing) easily adds 50-100 grams. I can't tell if that's matte black or raw carbon, but a matte black finish would add about 30-50g too.

To be fair, the advertised frame weight should be compared to the weight without the discardable shock linkage spacer, frame bolts, internal routing ports, derailleur hanger, dropouts, etc. It sounds stupid, but that's how Specialized, Scott, Trek, etc. get their ridiculously low weights and it's what I've seen these guys doing too. You may come really close to advertised weight if that feels better

Good on you for calling attention to the frame weight before ordering. Just ordered a new frame (totally different model from a different company) and asked for the lightest one in stock, and I got it!

Looking forward to seeing your build! Happy to help anytime.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by sissypants View Post
    There is some variation in how much a carbon frame weighs due to the amount of epoxy slathered between layers. .
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not loosing sleep over the overweight, just the fact I called out the weight as I configured it and asked that be put on the invoice. 19"=+xx grams. Gloss finish=+xx grams. It's easy, but the frame manufacturer's bend the rules even when called out on it with the offerings.

I don't want to threadjack the OP's thread, but you have your own pro-mance build thread, and OP has one, and I'm doing one. I'd prefer not to start another thread, so unless OP objects, I will post my progress here. Last night's build progress.Chinese 29er Pro-Mance 7007 II Love this bike-img_20181022_232856517.jpg. Issues.
    - Rear shock mounts and frame mounts don't match. Shock mounts are too large, and not wide enough.
    - Shimano XTR Rear brake bolts not long enough.
    - Syntace rear axle is tapered plastic on non-drive side , frame is flat, need to look into that...doesn't seem right.
    - Ordered a pair of 160mm rotors, want the front at 180, need to order.

Barely in control
    You need a frame (or dropouts) made for the Syntace X-12 system if you're going to use their axle. Most of these Chinese frames are Shimano E-thru. Jenson has those for $17 now; just got one.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Missed this thread, before posting elsewhere, but is there any reason to order the M7007 over this newer M7007-II? Is this 100mm or 110mm rear travel?

artsn, what did you need to buy hardware-wise (shock mounts/axles/etc)?

Schulze, did you get your bike together?

Any regrets? Ready to order something soon. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spec47 View Post
    Missed this thread, before posting elsewhere, but is there any reason to order the M7007 over this newer M7007-II? Is this 100mm or 110mm rear travel?
    The M7007 II is the previous M9007, the thread you previously posted in. Very very confusing.

The M7007 II clears a 36T chainring and fits 29x2.4" tires. The M7007 clears a 32T chainring and fits 27.5x3.0" tires.

what did you need to buy hardware-wise (shock mounts/axles/etc)?
    Two of these for a Fox shock:

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/pro...ece-aluminum-2

That's it!
    Last edited by sissypants; 11-30-2018 at 08:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Is that backwards? The M7007-II says it clears the 36T ring. Thanks for the link, just thought your stock axle didn't work at first, but guess that's before you found the proper mounting hardware.

mtbr member
    Is that backwards? The M7007-II says it clears the 36T ring. Thanks for the link, just thought your stock axle didn't work at first, but guess that's before you found the proper mounting hardware.
    Good catch, late at night. You're right.

I linked to the proper mounting hardware, as long as you're using the 6.5" x 1.5" Fox shock. Yes, I tried other sizes first which didn't fit.

mtbr member
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not loosing sleep over the overweight, just the fact I called out the weight as I configured it and asked that be put on the invoice. 19"=+xx grams. Gloss finish=+xx grams. It's easy, but the frame manufacturer's bend the rules even when called out on it with the offerings.

I don't want to threadjack the OP's thread, but you have your own pro-mance build thread, and OP has one, and I'm doing one. I'd prefer not to start another thread, so unless OP objects, I will post my progress here. Last night's build progress.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181022_232856517.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	1221871. Issues.
    - Rear shock mounts and frame mounts don't match. Shock mounts are too large, and not wide enough.
    - Shimano XTR Rear brake bolts not long enough.
    - Syntace rear axle is tapered plastic on non-drive side , frame is flat, need to look into that...doesn't seem right.
    - Ordered a pair of 160mm rotors, want the front at 180, need to order.
    How'd your build turn out? Did you get a chance to ride it yet?

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    How'd your build turn out? Did you get a chance to ride it yet?
    been meaning to provide an update, seeing all these new posts. But since I'm not done, I figured I'd just wait. Some small parts delays basically made me miss the prime season here in Michigan (as you know). I also have been working on about 6~7 other bike projects lol. I got all the parts bolted onto the bike last weekend but it needs a final assembly. I need to swap out the 30T chainring that came on the race face SL's with the 36T I purchased. I also want to replace the front FOX QR thru axle with a solid race axle to save a few g's as well as swap out the SS fasteners with Ti fasteners just for kicks. I'm not in a hurry now as it's fatbike season. Here's a pic I took a week ago. It weighed in at 20.9 lbs without pedals, and I have the heavier rims on it, and the heavier seatpost and you can see I haven't cut the steer tube. So it will be firmly under 21 lbs with the eggbeater TI pedals.

I'm pretty happy with the gloss black and blue accent scheme, but need to black out (or minimize as much as possible) that dang maxxis yellow logo with some dye or something. No logos screams custom chiner to me and I love it. I might even remove the front fork decals too but that's like at the bottom of the to do list. It'll be funny seeing peoples reaction to a bike with nothing on it when most of what you see locally are the big names .. trek this, specialized that, etc.

Side question, any experience with ordering custom vinyl logos for bikes? I want to create a fantasy brand and model name the three bikes I've built / building as well as nick-names for all the bikes in the herd.
    Chinese 29er Pro-Mance 7007 II Love this bike-img_20181128_152948_533.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Parts list as of today

Frame: Pro-mance M7007-II Boost FS 29er T800 19"
    Fork: Fox Performance 32 Float SC 29 100 Grip 3-Position 15QRx110 Boost 51mm Rake Fork 2018
    Shock: 2018 Fox Float Factory 6.5" x 1.5" DPS
    Shock Hardware Kit: Two (2) Fox Racing Aluminum Rear Shock Mount Hardware - 5-Piece Kit - Size 8mm x 21.6mm
    Wheelset: Light Bicycle 29 - RM29C19 - 30o/24i mm wheelset, w/industry 9 boost hubs
    Hub, R: Industry 9 148x12mm (Boost) SRAM Alloy XD, 6-bolt Brake, Turquoise
    Hub, R: Industry 9 110x15mm (Boost), 6-Bolt brake, Turquoise
    Spokes Sapim D-Light (2/1.65/2)
    Brakes, F: Shimano XTR M9000 Race Front Brake (1000mm)
    Brakes, R: Shimano XTR M9000 Race Rear Brake (1600mm)
    Brakes, R: Brake Fixing Bolt 2 PCS M6x25mm GR5 Titanium Socket Cap Head Bolts & Washer, Rainbow
    Grips: ESI Fit XC Grips
    Shifter: Shimano XTR M9000 11s
    Derailleur, R: Shimano XTR M9000 11s GS
    Chainring Carrier: OneUp Switch boost cinch standard
    Chainring: OneUp 36T round Switch
    Tire, F: Maxxis Ikon 29x2.35 3C/EXO TR
    Tire, R: Maxxis Ikon 29x2.20 3C/EXO TR
    Pedals: Crank Brothers Eggbeater 11 Gold Mountain Bike Pedals & Cleats CX Titanium
    Cranks: RaceFace Next SL
    BB: RaceFace BB92 30mm
    Cassette: SRAM X-DOME XG-1195 10-42
    Stem Spacers Cillos Spacers 30mm
    Thru-Axle, F: TBD
    Thru-Axle, R: MRP Race Axle, Bolt-on Rear Thru-axle - 1x173
    Headset: Cane Creek 40 tapered integrated - Tall Cover
    Rotor, F: Ashima AI2 160mm
    Rotor, R: Ashima AI2 160mm
    Chain: KMC X11SL - 116 Links
    Stem: Kalloy Uno 60mm -7-degree
    Tubeless Seal: Sealant TruckerCo 4.0 Fl Oz. (3 would have probably been OK)
    Tubeless Tape: Included LB Rim Strips
    Tubless Stems TruckerCo Superlight Alloy Speed Evolution Tubeless Tire Valve Stem 48mm Blue
    Bottle Cage: Sava - Blue
    Saddle: Padded carbon saddle Gloss
    Seatpost Clamp: SuperLight Full Carbon Bicycle Seatpost Clamp 34.9mm MTB for 31.6mm
    Seatpost: UD matte carbon 31.6mm 350mm
    Shifter Cable: Included XTR (not Jagwire SL)
    Bar: Tideace HB-004 Flat 700mm 31.8 carbon gloss finish
    Last edited by Anger; 11-30-2018 at 12:31 PM.

mtbr member
    I want to create a fantasy brand
    That's the truth well said. We've all got a little of that

Nice progress on the build though! You've got a lot of sweet components on that bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by artsn View Post
    As shown it weighs 22 pounds 6 ozs and this is not a weight weenie build by any stretch.
    Hmmm, OK.

Fox Stepcast - do they make any heavier?
    Foam grips
    DT Swiss 1200 - on the lighter end of the market
    No Dropper
    Are those DUB cranks I see?
    Ikon tire.
    Crank bros pedals.

Yeah, not a weight weenie build at all.
    by Silentfoe
    I'm satisfied knowing that what I wear during my "day" job makes me more of a man than you'll ever be.

Barely in control

Schulze, did you get your bike together?

Any regrets? Ready to order something soon. Thanks!
    Mine was a hard tail. I'll probably do a fs next year.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Thanks for the detailed build info, looks like a fun bike!

If you weren't going with a giant front ring (clearance for 32 is plenty for me), would you still have gone with the M7007-II? I see that disc brake mount is on the seat stay for the II (vs chain stay on the original).

True weight weenies wouldn't be running EXO tires, depending on his trails, I don't see where he's compromising anything for weight. I'd need a dropper and hopefully 34 SC for my build. Certainly lighter XC carbon cranks/rims available as well.

Schulze, sorry, meant to tag Anger.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

No it's not...you are right.

What I meant by not a weight weenie build was I didn't compromise the strength i needed or reliability anywhere. The wheelset is Dt Swiss's all mountain wheels. full thomson cockpit, Koobi saddle, EXO tires, and XTR trail brakes. If I was doing a weight weenie build this rig would easily sit below 20 pounds...But I didn't need that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by artsn View Post
    What I meant by not a weight weenie build was I didn't compromise the strength i needed or reliability anywhere. The wheelset is Dt Swiss's all mountain wheels. full thomson cockpit, Koobi saddle, EXO tires, and XTR trail brakes. If I was doing a weight weenie build this rig would easily sit below 20 pounds...But I didn't need that.
    Oh, because you have EXO tires it's not a weight weenie build.

DUB cranks are the lightest you can buy.

If those are the 1200 DT Swiss wheelset they are not "all mountain".

Just say it like it is dude, you put on those parts to save weight.
    by Silentfoe
    I'm satisfied knowing that what I wear during my "day" job makes me more of a man than you'll ever be.

Barely in control
    There are a LOT lighter parts out there than what he spec'd, except fork.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulze View Post
    There are a LOT lighter parts out there than what he spec'd, except fork.
    Please elaborate for us. At least when I respond to a post I provide some relative information.
    by Silentfoe

mtbr member
    Lighter grips - name some.
    Lighter cranks - name one.
    Lighter pedals - give 2 examples.
    by Silentfoe

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Jesus this forum is sad. No one said i didn't care about weight and in places where it didn't compromise strength I definitely spec'ed light weight options. Grips...yeah definitely a spot I wasn't worried. Dt Swiss 1200's? YES. The 1200 XMC is there all mountain wheel set and thats what i put on the bike. The new Sram Eagle stuff is light and DURABLE. There are plenty of brands light KCNC, FRM, and the like but I think the new Sram stuff is the best mix of weight to strength. I built this bike for endurance riding in the back country so I wanted it to be dependable but i didn't want to carry any extra weight. Thanks for the valuable feedback.

Barely in control
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerort View Post
    Lighter grips - name some.
    Lighter cranks - name one.
    Lighter pedals - give 2 examples.
    No. You are not my boss. Do your own research.

mtbr member
    Can we please keep this thread on topic? Work out your grudge with other members by PM or some other off-topic thread. Artsn is entitled to his own preferences.

Don't scare away Anger. This thread is about the M7007 and is not in the weight weenies subforum.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Thanks for the detailed build info, looks like a fun bike!

If you weren't going with a giant front ring (clearance for 32 is plenty for me), would you still have gone with the M7007-II? I see that disc brake mount is on the seat stay for the II (vs chain stay on the original).
    I was going for the 36T, it's what I like to run on my xc 29'ers. So the M7007-II was my only choice, really. No new progress to add, except that I'm ordering Hardlite race type axles to this and other bikes. Hardlite Components. I've moved on to ordering parts for my Di2 gravel bike and customizing my fatbikes, as well as a couple more builds in the works.

I added someone to my ignore, recommend y'all do the same. I'm too busy loving life, commuting by bikes when I can, riding fatbikes on frozen single track at night, working my 2 jobs, and I started bike build #22 yesterday. Who has time to be an internet know it all / Tough guy? Sad people, that's who.

mtbr member
    I was going for the 36T, it's what I like to run on my xc 29'ers. So the M7007-II was my only choice, really. No new progress to add, except that I'm ordering Hardlite race type axles to this and other bikes. Hardlite Components. I've moved on to ordering parts for my Di2 gravel bike and customizing my fatbikes, as well as a couple more builds in the works.

I added someone to my ignore, recommend y'all do the same. I'm too busy loving life, commuting by bikes when I can, riding fatbikes on frozen single track at night, working my 2 jobs, and I started bike build #22 yesterday. Who has time to be an internet know it all / Tough guy? Sad people, that's who.
    Thanks for the link to Hardlite components, I wasn't aware of them and they make some great axles at very respectable prices. They remind me of Garbaruk, I really like those chainrings and cassettes.

You are living the life, keep it up! Build #22?? I'm only on build #8. Sounds like you don't have an income problem, I have to stick with the build-one-sell-one rule.

We don't have persistent snow in SW MI yet but hopefully a good base will set up for some grooming in a week or two.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Thanks for the link to Hardlite components, I wasn't aware of them and they make some great axles at very respectable prices. They remind me of Garbaruk, I really like those chainrings and cassettes.

You are living the life, keep it up! Build #22?? I'm only on build #8. Sounds like you don't have an income problem, I have to stick with the build-one-sell-one rule.

We don't have persistent snow in SW MI yet but hopefully a good base will set up for some grooming in a week or two.
    The thing that got me looking at hardlite is the fact they have a washer between the head of the bolt and the frame. The MRP race axle I bought to replace the incorrect syncace is the right size, but there's no washer like the syntace . syntace was a cone shape integral washer, so that was all wrong. I figured I'd have to make some washers out of UHMW for the MRP axle I bought, but no way am I buying more. I didn't want to do that more than once, so I'm giving up on MRP. Plus they're like $38 shipped after coupon.

I believe there's another manufacturer of race axles in the UK, but I don't have the link handy. They might have been in the 20 pound sterling range 1.28 pound sterling = 1 USD. Before I place an order with Hardlite, I'll fully vet I'm getting a decent price.

I will sell a few bikes this spring, no biggie, get below 20 and all that maybe, lol. I like having spare bikes for when there's a mechanical (with no time to fix) and spare bikes for friends and family that they can ride when the time calls. My sister has a nice Trek 9.7, for example, but their budget with kids going to college doesn't allow for a fat bike. So I have one she can ride, It's all good, get out there and ride ! ya there's no snow here in SE mich, but it's frozen hard after this weekend's 60 degree phenomenal weather. I'm on the fatbikes full time now on the single track rides.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Adding myself to the list of people ordering this frame.
    Planning for a budget build reusing my old non boost wheels.
    Anyone who can link to a good and light thru axle that will fit?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm about 35 days in on my hopeful 40 day lead time. Was promance pretty punctual on the quoted 40 days. Getting anxious...
    Small ring in front makes it easier. Small ring in back makes it harder. That blows my mind.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Also placed my order (with the help of sissypants). Going to be a bit more of trail build as our XC courses have bits of EWS in them.

I'd recommend ordering the Boost frame and buying the Wolf Tooth Boostinator kit, if available for your hub. Easy way to future proof yourself.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Also placed my order (with the help of sissypants). Going to be a bit more of trail build as our XC courses have bits of EWS in them.

I'd recommend ordering the Boost frame and buying the Wolf Tooth Boostinator kit, if available for your hub. Easy way to future proof yourself.
    I have already ordered, the kit is not available for my hub.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny7 View Post
    I'm about 35 days in on my hopeful 40 day lead time. Was promance pretty punctual on the quoted 40 days. Getting anxious...
    I ordered a carbon fork from them on November 6 and it was accepted by EMS on December 11. They quoted 45 days for that one.

In full disclosure, I'm an agent for Pro-Mance. I emphasize that my commitment to them as a supplier depends on them honoring their lead time estimates, and they respect that. I have some leverage as they owe me for a good chunk of sales.

I don't want to advertise my services here, but if you get a quote from them just send me a PM and I'll see if I can beat it. I can probably speed things up a little too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by miklax View Post
    Adding myself to the list of people ordering this frame.
    Planning for a budget build reusing my old non boost wheels.
    Anyone who can link to a good and light thru axle that will fit?
    Honestly if you're on a budget why don't you just go with their stock axle? You're looking at $10 and 70 grams vs. $25-40 and 40-50 grams.

In terms of boost conversion, these kits should be compatible with any 6-bolt disc hub:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Allo...922207337.html

The disadvantage of this kind of boost kit compared to the kind where the washers "clip" onto hub caps is that you have to line up the washers with the hub end caps before sliding the axle through. Your coordination abilities will be challenged, but it works.

I'm using a set just like this right now on a budget wheelset and it does the job.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Honestly if you're on a budget why don't you just go with their stock axle? You're looking at $10 and 70 grams vs. $25-40 and 40-50 grams.

In terms of boost conversion, these kits should be compatible with any 6-bolt disc hub:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Allo...922207337.html

The disadvantage of this kind of boost kit compared to the kind where the washers "clip" onto hub caps is that you have to line up the washers with the hub end caps before sliding the axle through. Your coordination abilities will be challenged, but it works.

I'm using a set just like this right now on a budget wheelset and it does the job.
    Still, I have already ordered the frame. Also I am a bit sceptical about the shifting with the cassette moved inwards. But that's only based upon my opinion, not real tests...

Skickat frn min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by miklax View Post
    Still, I have already ordered the frame. Also I am a bit sceptical about the shifting with the cassette moved inwards. But that's only based upon my opinion, not real tests...

Get a non-boost chainring to keep your chainline right on. If not, your chainline will just be optimized for faster gears, it will still work for lower gears just be 1-2% less efficient. The secret is in your derailleur limit screws, shifting will be fine.

If you want their stock axle just email them and PayPal over an extra $10. The cheapest axle you'll ever buy and you don't need to worry about all the specs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Get a non-boost chainring to keep your chainline right on. If not, your chainline will just be optimized for faster gears, it will still work for lower gears just be 1-2% less efficient. The secret is in your derailleur limit screws, shifting will be fine.

If you want their stock axle just email them and PayPal over an extra $10. The cheapest axle you'll ever buy and you don't need to worry about all the specs.
    Well as said a couple of times now. Frame is already ordered with 142. I will get the stock axle.
    Would not a boost frame require a boost crank as well?

Barely in control
    This frame is 1x only, boost spacing, but still only 2.3" tire limit? I know it's for xc but the chainstays aren't even short.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    [QUOTE=Schulze;13918190]Change in topic. Any other recommendations on a similar frame from another manufacturer? 100mm front travel, same back travel, same rear travel etc. I want to start a similar 20.x lb build and would like to spread the risk around by not building too many from the same MFG. One thing that put me off is the loose fit of my 31.6mm seat-posts, along with the overweight weight issue. Not going to threadjack, but some links are appreciated. I won't respond to the links, but will start new ones if I have to. Don't want to get off topic and thread jack.

Again, I took a break on finishing this build because it's fat bike season and I've moved on to two or three other builds. I'll participate in answering questions here, just at work right now and have been wasting time this morning haha. need to get back to work now.

mtbr member
    Change in topic. Any other recommendations on a similar frame from another manufacturer? 100mm front travel, same back travel, same rear travel etc. I want to start a similar 20.x lb build and would like to spread the risk around by not building too many from the same MFG. One thing that put me off is the loose fit of my 31.6mm seat-posts, along with the overweight weight issue. Not going to threadjack, but some links are appreciated.

I'll participate in answering questions here, just at work right now and have been wasting time this morning haha. need to get back to work now.
    Well I'm having a similar morning. I've convinced myself that if I reply I'll start working again too I need a motivating bike-related job.

Frame weights are advertised in UD Matte, with no finish. Finish adds a bit of weight, even if it's just clearcoat. Yours was clearcoated, right?

There's nothing in full-suspension XC at the moment that's lighter. If you're looking to go hardtail you may know that I'm building up a TanTan FM-299B. That's the lightest hardtail out there (tied with the Workswell WCB-162 I believe), and my frame weighed as advertised (in UD Matte at 1019g without hardware size 19"). That frame fits 29+ tires and 27.5x3.5" (Hodag on 45mm ID rims) so it would be a good winter build. It also ships within 3 days and is in stock. First impressions are all positive.

There's also this new trail frame from LightCarbon:

https://www.lightcarbon.com/new-full...2019_p118.html

That could be a lot of fun!

There are frames very similar to the one you have but they are so similar I'm not sure why you'd get another one.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Well I'm having a similar morning. I've convinced myself that if I reply I'll start working again too I need a motivating bike-related job.

Frame weights are advertised in UD Matte, with no finish. Finish adds a bit of weight, even if it's just clearcoat. Yours was clearcoated, right?

There's nothing in full-suspension XC at the moment that's lighter. If you're looking to go hardtail you may know that I'm building up a TanTan FM-299B. That's the lightest hardtail out there (tied with the Workswell WCB-162 I believe), and my frame weighed as advertised (in UD Matte at 1019g without hardware size 19"). That frame fits 29+ tires and 27.5x3.5" (Hodag on 45mm ID rims) so it would be a good winter build. It also ships within 3 days and is in stock. First impressions are all positive.

There's also this new trail frame from LightCarbon:

https://www.lightcarbon.com/new-full...2019_p118.html

That could be a lot of fun!

There are frames very similar to the one you have but they are so similar I'm not sure why you'd get another one.
    Edit, I decided to move forward with another pro-mance 7007-II build in medium after "weighing" my options. I'll see what they have to offer in modern 29'er hard tail geometry frames too, maybe save on the shipping.

yep CC. Again, just looking for something else. Weight isn't the issue, I want to spread the risk and get something different too. The loose seatpost was odd, all my other carbon frames it's tight even without using the seatpost clamp. EDIT, it's not as loose as I initially thought, but looser than my other bikes. This new FS xc bike will be a medium frame for my girlfriend. Yes, also looking for a hard tail 29'er boost in medium for another build for her. I ordered a cheap BXT and was going to do a budget light bike, but since that point, we progressed to the point, I'm going to build her a kick-ass light hard tail. So two kick butt bike builds starting.
    Last edited by Anger; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:48 PM.

mtbr member
    Edit, I decided to move forward with another pro-mance 7007-II build in medium after "weighing" my options. I'll see what they have to offer in modern 29'er hard tail geometry frames too, maybe save on the shipping.

yep CC. Again, just looking for something else. Weight isn't the issue, I want to spread the risk and get something different too. The loose seatpost was odd, all my other carbon frames it's tight even without using the seatpost clamp. EDIT, it's not as loose as I initially thought, but looser than my other bikes. This new FS xc bike will be a medium frame for my girlfriend. Yes, also looking for a hard tail 29'er boost in medium for another build for her. I ordered a cheap BXT and was going to do a budget light bike, but since that point, we progressed to the point, I'm going to build her a kick-ass light hard tail. So two kick butt bike builds starting.
    The BXT frames are generally good, but they are also quite brittle. I've dealt with cracked seat tubes on two of the five frames that have passed through my basement.

Some hardtails under 1000g in size 17.5":

2019 Newest MTB Mountain Bicycle Carbon Frame 29er Boost FM199-B-SL--深圳市碳碳运动器材有限公司

2018 Newest Carbon MTB Mountain Bike Frame 29er Plus 29*3.0 Wheels Model FM299-B-SL--深圳市碳碳运动器材有限公司 (https://forums.mtbr.com/26-27-5-29-p...e-1089063.html)

WCB-M-162-workswellbikes

https://www.lightcarbon.com/lightwei...meset_p66.html

27.5-specific: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Carb...854396087.html

If you're looking for the lightest build possible get UD Matte finish.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    The BXT frames are generally good, but they are also quite brittle. I've dealt with cracked seat tubes on two of the five frames that have passed through my basement.

Some hardtails under 1000g in size 17.5":

2019 Newest MTB Mountain Bicycle Carbon Frame 29er Boost FM199-B-SL--深圳市碳碳运动器材有限公司

2018 Newest Carbon MTB Mountain Bike Frame 29er Plus 29*3.0 Wheels Model FM299-B-SL--深圳市碳碳运动器材有限公司 (https://forums.mtbr.com/26-27-5-29-p...e-1089063.html)

WCB-M-162-workswellbikes

https://www.lightcarbon.com/lightwei...meset_p66.html

27.5-specific: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Carb...854396087.html

If you're looking for the lightest build possible get UD Matte finish.
    thanks, I saw your tan-tan 299b thread (i think that was the model number) but convinced myself the BXT was good enough for my GF at the price based on the geo being very similar. This is my third BXT frame. Immediaely I was struck at how thin the bottom bracket area was. I'm not a bike engineer, but I am a mechanical engineer so this was a red flag to me. Also, the cup surface of the bottom bracket was irregular due to paint or maybe resin, but I figured I got what I paid for and it wasn't bad enough to loose sleep over. So I installed the press fit bottom bracket, which made a "cracking" sound the whole way in. It was a very tight fit. I used silicone grease too (don't want to start that debate). The last BXT I had didn't do that, nor did the pro-mance. I will just finish the build and let my GF ride it. She's 5'7 about 140 and lean and mean. The brittle frame should last at least the season. If it breaks, no big deal, I'll get a quality frame on order this winter, with custom paint. Too many black bikes.

I received a quote on the pro-mance painted. I say you said you're an agent, but there'd be michigan sales tax, so probably not worth it. let me know if you want to see the quote. these things ain't cheap!