mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Chinese 29er Pro-Mance 7007 II Love this bike

Been on the bike for roughly 3 months and it's awesome. Perfect for 40 milers in Southern California. As shown it weighs 22 pounds 6 ozs and this is not a weight weenie build by any stretch. All dependable parts with a great weight to strength ratio. Plenty of travel for long singletrack rides and I have a RFX thats all coil for when I want to do bigger riding. Frame weight was 1920 grams. Big shout out to Sissypants for helping me get everything picked out and here before the frame arrived. His help allowed me to be riding within two days of it's arrival!

Chinese 29er Pro-Mance 7007 II Love this bike-img_9595.jpgChinese 29er Pro-Mance 7007 II Love this bike-img_9596.jpg

mtbr member
    Congrats on the build, looks classy and rowdy!

22.3 lbs isn't heavy, that's pretty good for the tires and drivetrain you've specced! Considering the $11,000+ Scott Spark RC 900 SL bike comes in at 21 lbs without pedals.

Does your frame weight include the derailleur hanger, cable ports, and rear axle? I'm not sure how much the M9007 and M7007 would differ weight-wise, but apparently pretty close.

mtbr member
    What is the rear travel on these Chiner frames? 100mm? Does anyone know if similar frames are offered in 130-150mm range? It's a bit difficult to be exactly sure what you're looking at on these Aliexpress ads where English is not the primary original language.

The prices on these are great for people like me who prefer to do frame-up builds....I don't see a need to pay more than twice as much for some popular bike company's sticker set, especially when they are all made in China.

I've read your build thread, sissypants (LOL on the name). I bought the same (or nearly the same) Aliexpress carbon fiber seat after reading your thread. Actually a great seat.

mtbr member
    Nice build. Really thinking about picking one up to replace my 062.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegill View Post
    What is the rear travel on these Chiner frames? 100mm? Does anyone know if similar frames are offered in 130-150mm range?
    I built up my frame with 100mm of travel front and rear.

I haven't researched frames with more travel than that, but I believe some of the new Stumpjumper-esque frames would take a bit more:

Stumpjumper-esque 27.5/29er boost frame from TanTan

Also within reason is the Nukeproof Mega frameset going for $1400 right now including
    a RockShox UltraDeluxe shock (165mm travel), headset, and shipping:

Nukeproof Mega 275 Carbon Frame 2018 | Chain Reaction Cycles

A good enduro bike from China will generally set you back $800 after shipping and payment fees, so the Nukeproof with the $400 shock comes out to just $200 more with fast shipping and very reliable linkages.

I've read your build thread, sissypants (LOL on the name). I bought the same (or nearly the same) Aliexpress carbon fiber seat after reading your thread. Actually a great seat.
    I'm still riding the same seat! More than 2000 miles on it now

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    My frame came in today. Pro-mance M7007-II size 19. It was over weight, as I expected. The scales in china must go by a different standard, I swear. IT was supposed to be 1,868+-50gr according to the Pro-mance proposal, which I called his attention to before the work proceeded. Anyways, The build starts soon, but since this is the end of MTB season here in MI, I'm fine riding the bikes I already have until spring. All other parts are in and weighed, bike should be 21.5# with pedals.
    Another shout out to mr pants for some help with his initial build list, which got me going and saved some time.the build list.Chinese 29er Pro-Mance 7007 II Love this bike-img_20181022_172454731.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anger View Post
    My frame came in today. Pro-mance M7007-II size 19. It was over weight, as I expected. The scales in china must go by a different standard, I swear. IT was supposed to be 1,868+-50gr according to the Pro-mance proposal, which I called his attention to before the work proceeded. Anyways, The build starts soon, but since this is the end of MTB season here in MI, I'm fine riding the bikes I already have until spring. All other parts are in and weighed, bike should be 21.5# with pedals.
    Another shout out to mr pants for some help with his initial build list, which got me going and saved some time.the build list.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181022_172454731.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	1221798
    There is some variation in how much a carbon frame weighs due to the amount of epoxy slathered between layers. Most significantly, however, your glossy clearcoat layer (if that's what I'm seeing) easily adds 50-100 grams. I can't tell if that's matte black or raw carbon, but a matte black finish would add about 30-50g too.

To be fair, the advertised frame weight should be compared to the weight without the discardable shock linkage spacer, frame bolts, internal routing ports, derailleur hanger, dropouts, etc. It sounds stupid, but that's how Specialized, Scott, Trek, etc. get their ridiculously low weights and it's what I've seen these guys doing too. You may come really close to advertised weight if that feels better

Good on you for calling attention to the frame weight before ordering. Just ordered a new frame (totally different model from a different company) and asked for the lightest one in stock, and I got it!

Looking forward to seeing your build! Happy to help anytime.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by sissypants View Post
    There is some variation in how much a carbon frame weighs due to the amount of epoxy slathered between layers. .
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not loosing sleep over the overweight, just the fact I called out the weight as I configured it and asked that be put on the invoice. 19"=+xx grams. Gloss finish=+xx grams. It's easy, but the frame manufacturer's bend the rules even when called out on it with the offerings.

I don't want to threadjack the OP's thread, but you have your own pro-mance build thread, and OP has one, and I'm doing one. I'd prefer not to start another thread, so unless OP objects, I will post my progress here. Last night's build progress.Chinese 29er Pro-Mance 7007 II Love this bike-img_20181022_232856517.jpg. Issues.
    - Rear shock mounts and frame mounts don't match. Shock mounts are too large, and not wide enough.
    - Shimano XTR Rear brake bolts not long enough.
    - Syntace rear axle is tapered plastic on non-drive side , frame is flat, need to look into that...doesn't seem right.
    - Ordered a pair of 160mm rotors, want the front at 180, need to order.

Barely in control
    You need a frame (or dropouts) made for the Syntace X-12 system if you're going to use their axle. Most of these Chinese frames are Shimano E-thru. Jenson has those for $17 now; just got one.