Carnegie Bars and Chain Reaction Cycles - Great Service!- Mtbr.com
    Enjoyin' life....

Carnegie Bars and Chain Reaction Cycles - Great Service!

I ordered a set of Ragley's Carnegie Bars back on January 11th from Chain Reaction Cycles. These are the bars with a good write up on Twenty Nine Inches, actually one of their top ten 29er products for 2009. I have been looking for a good set of "sweep" bars with 31.8mm clamping size so these seemed perfect.

Well, as of last week - late last week too - the bars had not arrived. Thanks to a little intervention by Brant Richards (bar designer par excellence) I got an email from Andy Watson at CRC stating he was very sorry I had not gotten my order and promised to make it right. Today the bars from Andy showed up and they were air mailed no less! Thats a lot of cost to absorb for a set of handlebars. Wow! This is my first experience with CRC but they sure seem to be a company that stands behind the customer service promises they make on their web page. I am impressed.

Whats more, if the other bars EVER show up Andy said to just keep them...and go buy another bike to put them on! Heh heh, a sense of humor and integrity what a guy.
    Wally

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I agree they are awesome to deal with,even though they are in Britain parts come within a week.I'm using the Carnegie's too really like them.

mtbr member
    I've bought a ton of stuff from Chain Reaction Cycles and never had a problem with anything. You can't beat their prices. I'm glad to hear they took care of your handle bar shipping issue. I'll continue to shop there with confidence.

mtbr member
    I'm buying almost weekly from CRC and their service is great. For Shimano I know better places but in general they're very competitive.

The BBC recently did an item on CRC...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVGqVj4bIxQ#

BTW : Do you like those Carnegie bars, was thinking of putting them on my Inbred 29 SS

mtbr member
    chain reaction cycles had SRAM XX chainrings and a XX direct mount S3 type front derailleur when nobody including BTI and Quality in North America had em'.

super props to chain reaction cycles they have super fast shipping too!

Enjoyin' life....
    Quote Originally Posted by dmx1
    BTW : Do you like those Carnegie bars, was thinking of putting them on my Inbred 29 SS
    The width is right; the sweep is right and the rise matches the overall rise of the stock bars so they are what I was looking for. I don't have enough actual time riding with them yet to give better insight to how they actually feel. I know the front is much easier to manipulate as in lofting the front tire to clear an obstacle and I seem to be able to negotiate tight turns better than before. Oddly, I seem to be able to modulate my brakes better. I think the reach is just more natural. If the weather would let up, I'd love to take the bike out for an extended ride and see but all we have now is snow, continued mostly snow and more snow expected.

In terms of ordering from CRC, I will use them as much if not more from now on as I do another other online store. Impressive people and service.
    Wally

mtbr member
    For what it's worth, a local friend and I ordered the Carnegie's bar the same day and received our shipping notices on the same day, but he received his 1.5 weeks earlier. I'm blaming customs and/or the US Postal Service for the delay.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    CRC are about the only online shop I use. Uusally if I order by 12.00 stuff is here the next day, they are in Belfast which is in Northern Ireland so they have to ship it over the Irish Sea to be delivered to the mainland, not sure how they do it so quick,

Ride and Smile suckas
    I am in New Hampshire and i get stuff from CRC quicker than i can get something from the west coast. LOVE THE BRITS.
    HOPE, Triumph, and CRC. just bloody good stuff
    "DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY" -Yoda
    www.nemba.org

Members who have read this thread: 0