Canzo Shocks- Mtbr.com

Thread: Canzo Shocks

San Diego County

New question here. Canzo Shocks

Correct me if I'm wrong. 08's had Rockshox Monarch. 09's had Fox RP? and 2010's have Manitou Radiums. Is that correct? All years the same length? What size is that?

Please share with me your canzo shock experiences. Thinking of picking up a Canzo for fun while I wait for my Tallboy frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes View Post
    Of course the easiest way to fix this is to go for a hike.
    DT

mtbr member
    No '10s as '09s just came in june and no fox. Yes '08 had RS and now it has manitou radium. Radium has worked quite well set it and forget it, I've come to really enjoy this shock as it can handle all duties I send it through.

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009
    I have the '09.....

Manitou Radium RL..... https://www.manitoumtb.com/index.php...discipline=all

So far, I'm very pleased with this shock.... It takes less air to suspend my 225 lbs ass than my old Fox Float R that came on my Giant Trance 3 did .....

No leaking... Very plush but firm....

I say " Go for it"..........

Here's where I got mine........ $719.00 shipped!!! ---> https://www.airbomb.com/itemMatrix.a...trixType=1&Av=

trail rat
    Alright guys, what is your riding weight and what psi are you running in the Radium?
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009
    225 lbs (geared-up)...... 120-130 psi

2009 Radium shock (plush, but it still has some bob while stand-up pedaling..... I usually sit and gear down for my climbs though).....

banned
    Sep 2007
    It's a shame they don't make a Canzo in an XL, though.

San Diego County
    Back-to-back shock test this morning.

My Radium only has about 10 hours on it. This one might change it's character with more time. My other Manitou (Swingers) got better with use.

My MC 3.3 is used. How used? Not a clue. Came with ebay '07 Canzo that cracked shortly after I bought it. Works well and doesn't leak.

I weigh 220 with full gear, tool kit, spares and full hydropack. Small Canzo in A/M trim is ~29lbs today. For 25% sag the Radium takes 110psi and MC takes 115psi. I have both shocks set at 7 clicks rebound. Any more tight on rebound stops monkey motion but makes them pack down too much for my taste.

Radium is not a bad shock but lacks any compression or pro-pedal type adjustment. MC 3.3 acts about the same as the Radium with the gate full open. The big difference is that the MC has the 3 position gate and knob adjustment. I usually just leave it in the middle position as this stops most bobbing while climbing in or out of the saddle. The knob provides the added bonus of letting you dial that middle setting a little more.

I'll be running the Rockshox MC 3.3 on this frame as long as I have it. Pivot demo comes to town very soon.

Gotta go, Chris

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Duzitall
    Back-to-back shock test this morning.

My Radium only has about 10 hours on it. This one might change it's character with more time. My other Manitou (Swingers) got better with use.

My MC 3.3 is used. How used? Not a clue. Came with ebay '07 Canzo that cracked shortly after I bought it. Works well and doesn't leak.

I weigh 220 with full gear, tool kit, spares and full hydropack. Small Canzo in A/M trim is ~29lbs today. For 25% sag the Radium takes 110psi and MC takes 115psi. I have both shocks set at 7 clicks rebound. Any more tight on rebound stops monkey motion but makes them pack down too much for my taste.

Radium is not a bad shock but lacks any compression or pro-pedal type adjustment. MC 3.3 acts about the same as the Radium with the gate full open. The big difference is that the MC has the 3 position gate and knob adjustment. I usually just leave it in the middle position as this stops most bobbing while climbing in or out of the saddle.

Gotta go, Chris

Makes me want to try my MC3.3 I have on another bike. If I do I will give an extensive report!
    My brain went from "you probably shouldn't say that" to WTF!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Drum roll please!

I slapped the rear RS on and gave it a little test spin. Lower pressure and it doesn't seem to blow through the travel as quickly. The pro pedal aspect is nice too. I think it works better than the Radium. Perhaps the travel is more progressive than on the Radium, which I think you really want in a rear shock.

Slocaus, perhaps Voodoo can swap your shock out for you with one they got back with an old frame. That might be the ticket.

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by richwolf
    Drum roll please!

I slapped the rear RS on and gave it a little test spin. Lower pressure and it doesn't seem to blow through the travel as quickly. The pro pedal aspect is nice too. I think it works better than the Radium. Perhaps the travel is more progressive than on the Radium, which I think you really want in a rear shock.

Slocaus, perhaps Voodoo can swap your shock out for you with one they got back with an old frame. That might be the ticket.
    I have the MC3.3 from the other bike; Voodoo sent me the entire new frame with new shock as warranty. I have found it to be great, I just keep trying the Radium, thinking it was somehow better since it was included on the new frame geometry.

Thanks guys, now at least I know.
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

San Diego County
    On the topic of forks length;

I reduced my F120 to 100mm. It climbs much better and with only a very slight sacrifice in downhill stability. A to C of the F29 at 100mm is ~510mm. Work mo-betta like dis.

I'm going to demo Pivot 429, Sultan and if I can, a Tallboy. They would have to be pretty darn good for me to plunk down that much money. Already rode the SF100 and it's good but not good enough at MSRP.

Here's a couple crappy cellphone picts from this morning.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    On the topic of forks length;

I reduced my F120 to 100mm. It climbs much better and with only a very slight sacrifice in downhill stability. A to C of the F29 at 100mm is ~510mm. Work mo-betta like dis.

I'm going to demo Pivot 429, Sultan and if I can, a Tallboy. They would have to be pretty darn good for me to plunk down that much money. Already rode the SF100 and it's good but not good enough at MSRP.
    I am looking forward to your impressions of those bikes vs. your Canzo. No way can I get another bike at this point. Camera buyers into buying lenses call it LBA (lens buying addiction). I imagine with bikes it is BBA (bike buying addiction). I would guess Fizzle has it the worst!

If I were to do something stupid and buy a new FS bike I would be real tempted to get the low end MOJO and 650B it out.

San Diego County
    Quote Originally Posted by richwolf
    Camera buyers into buying lenses call it LBA
    In my case it's "Toxic Shock of College Tuition Syndrome" times 2 daughters simultaneously.

As a coincidence I was also contemplating a 650B Mojo a couple years back but then rode a 29er and my path became clear. Big wheels are better.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    In my case it's "Toxic Shock of College Tuition Syndrome" times 2 daughters simultaneously.

As a coincidence I was also contemplating a 650B Mojo a couple years back but then rode a 29er and my path became clear. Big wheels are better.

You are my hero!

One daughter in college, but she was smart enough and we are poor enough where her scholarship is covering it.

aka "SirLurkAlot"
    Mar 2010

Radium air pressure on Canzo

I have no idea what I weigh with gear. I don't own a scale.

In my boxers I'm less than 160.

I run 62 lbs of pressure in the Radium. It's the best compromise for me since I run it as a single speed. 56 lbs feels great until I stand to climb and then it bob's like crazy.

I spoke to Manitou (Hayes) and they will eventually be coming out with a remote, handle bar lockout for the Radium but not until at least this summer and probably later. You can't easily reach the lockout on the Radium and turning it around, to place the lockout at the front, won't work as it won't clear the rocker assembly.

I hope that helps.

Members who have read this thread: 0