Building, building, building...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Building, building, building...

I've been busy in the garage lately with the lousy weather out there and have to show off some of my new projects...here is my wife's new monkey...now with avid mechs front and rear and some nice american classic/mustang wheels. ,Most of the rest of the parts were at the bottom of the parts bin. Oh, I was also forced to purchase a sofa for a saddle as well as some hi-rise bars, but hey, as long as she'll ride it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

another project

Then, with Cloxxki raving about the h-bars, I knew I had to try them for myself, so here's the bike that I do everything with, now set up with the new bars. I must say, these things are GREAT, especially with the dual control xtr's!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Finally...

and this one I've had for a while, but I've wanted to get a few miles on her before commenting on it...It weighs 25lbs even, and is simply awesome...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

true story...

Last week, some dude busted in my garage door at dark-thirty in the morning, with all these beauties just sitting there, and took nothing that I can tell. New security installed in case any of you gets any ideas...

Recovering couch patato
    >New security installed in case any of you gets any ideas...
    I was so sure to see a picture open at the bottom of that, with a pair of dobermanns or something... Glad to hear your babies were left, and the burglar that visited you was of the stoopid variety.

>Then, with Cloxxki raving about the h-bars, I knew I had to try them for myself
    Well great, I get you warmed up to buy a handlebar, and you come up with a surprise 25lb Lenz? That doesn't help my cash flow mate!

If the bars are any less than fantastic for you, I'll take them off your hands for half price, sight unseen. You can even have the dobermanns play with the cork grips, if you will...
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski

try driving your car less
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ofire
    and this one I've had for a while, but I've wanted to get a few miles on her before commenting on it...It weighs 25lbs even, and is simply awesome...
    first, great bikes! what are the little metal tabs on the canti mounts on the fork on the KM? for a front rack?

also, just curious about security. i leave my bikes in a shed and am a little nervous at times about burglary, even though i live in a pretty safe boondocks area. i have a motion light, and a lock, but what else do people use? chain em up inside the garage?
    Only boring people get bored.

what a joke
    3 very nice bikes!

My bikes are listed on my home and contents insurance so if they do go, I get a new bike, even if its out on the trail or down at the shops. I guess its security in a different sort of way.
    blah blah blah

Where's Toto?
    jh,

Couple of years back, just after we had moved into a new house, our garage was broken into. My wifes car was parked outside. The thieves broke the car window and used the garage door opener (concealed overhead) to get in. They took a C-dale and a Litespeed - nothing else. Happened early AM hours. Seemed like they knew what they were after. Had the bikes been locked, the thieves would have been largely foiled. Insurance took care of the bikes. Where we live now, I either keep my bikes in the basement or lock them all together with a big cable (sometimes both). Ultimately, if someone wants to steal your bike they'll find a way ---- but, if you can make the effort required more than a smash and grab, there's a strong likelyhood they'll leave 'em alone.

n8ofire,

The guys who broke in now know what you have. Know how to get in. Good that you have the security. All they need to do is snatch one bike and they can sell it for $20 ----- buy some crack or meth or beanie weenies.

My advice --- Lock your bikes!

Cold. Blue. Steel.

great!

great bikes.
    great that your wife is a rider!
    great tip on security (and great they didn't take anything).

i have noticed that many folks on 29ers use flat bars vs riser bars which are so common these days. is that because of the taller front end that 29ers naturally tend to have?
    (i realize that part of this thread is about your H-Bars, but i am curious nonetheless)
    thanks!
    Spinning and Grinning...

Mtc
    mtbr member
    Looking at the Lenz, shouldn't that front brake hose be routed inside the fork leg? Seems pretty exposed out there. I've built several bikes with Rebas, but haven't read the instructions on hose routing for them, I just have always gone with Foxs' route recommendation.
    Awesome stable

Squalor
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ofire
    Part spec and proper driveside photo please...

Wow that is light!

LP