Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
    I've been eye-ballin' the Supercell for a while now, and you guys twisted my arm just enough that I pulled the trigger! The free shipping and -15% PP had last Friday pushed me over edge. My current 26" FS doesn't get much ride time after getting a 29er so this bike just makes sense to add to the quiver, right?! That's what I'm going with any ways. Carefully studied the geo and went with a SM (5'9" w/ 30" inseam) Expert. The only thing that has my doubts is the wire bead Bronsons, haven't ridden WTB rubber in many years and wasn't a big fan back then but I'll give them a shot. If my wife gets mad I'm blaming this thread
    At 5'9" and a 30" inseam you have a long torso, I'm a inch shorter and have a longer inseam. I think the medium would fit you better because it has the longer top tube and would probably fit our torso better. I tried both the small and medium frame, I actually had more crotch clearance with the medium. But since you ordered your bike already and the sale is over, the small should work. You might need to get a longer stem.
    Last edited by roktoy; 11-02-2015 at 11:49 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

Cut Seat Post

Quote Originally Posted by roktoy View Post
    At 58 the seat post is almost all the way down to fit me on the medium, while on the small the seat post was at the max line to fit me. Might have to cut it for downhill and obstacle.
    I cut about 3/4" off my seatpost so I could drop it for downhill and am glad I did. But if you get a dropper, then no need .

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Thanks for the feedback roktoy - yeah already purchased so... But I think its a safe bet. I prefer a slightly shorter/closer cockpit and in fact comparing the Breezer to the 3 bikes in the garage I may need to bring the stem in to 60mm. Heck their small equates to a 17 in most MFG specs. But I'll keep it as is until my back or wrist tell me otherwise. Pic looks great, don't forget to give us a ride report!

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Bike arrived today at work. Packaging was robust, assembled at lunch in about a 1/2 hr. This evening set initial sag, control positions, minor adjust to cables & brakes. Note to all please check torque on everything I did find a few things a little over tight but 3 bolts were truly too loose. Quick run down the trail from my back yard thru the cacti and this bike feels solid! Last time I remember a bike this sold feeling was an old '99(ish) SC Bullit - that bike was a bulky beast. But the Supercell does not feel hefty at all. 1st impression very neutral but lively feeling. Travel feels plentiful @120mm on 29's. Well done Joe Breeze. And a big thanks to all who posted, tons of info that helped me big time in making this buy. Dropper post in the way!

PS... plenty of room for wider tires on the frame.
    Breezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-img_2528.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by lemke View Post
    The Bronsons are a very underrated tire in my opinion... they do well in a variety of conditions. I'm glad I kept mine.

I really like them too....I was going to go bigger,but I feel confident on the Bronsons. I went tubeless and feel like I have to run more air in them than I like, they want to tuck in the corners with lower pressure. I sure thought they were Kevlar beads too, not really paying attention though to be honest.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I have been hearing good things on the Bronson's as well. I'm picky on my front tire, back can drift but I have an open mind on these.

Hey Mark - curious about your tubeless setup, went well with the stock wheels? Ghetto or Stans? Aside from what you mentioned above is the ride quality noticeable?

mtbr member
    Dropper post in the way!
    Your first impressions were very similar to mine. Solid, neutral and predictable yet easy to flick around. I have an expert as well and while the Xfusion fork is just OK, the rear suspension is very good.

I added a KS Lev dropper post to mine and it was an outstanding addition to this bike!

Doug

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I have been hearing good things on the Bronson's as well. I'm picky on my front tire, back can drift but I have an open mind on these.

Hey Mark - curious about your tubeless setup, went well with the stock wheels? Ghetto or Stans? Aside from what you mentioned above is the ride quality noticeable?

OEM wheels. They are already taped and tubless compatible. I just pulled the tubes added WTB stems and some stans sealant. Thye hold good, the front bled down, but I re sealed the bead and it is holding air fine now. Like I said though, I feel like I have to run more air than I would like but I am a pretty big guy (220 or so) and in the turns the tire seemed like it would fold. Honesty though this is the first time I have messed with tubless, not sure it is worth the hassle to me.

MCMXCV
    ^ What are your F/R psi?

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Thanks Marc good info. What your describing as "in the turns the tire seemed like it would fold" I wonder if that's not the narrow rim and or PSI? Tubeless... hell low pressures for that matter, is a fickle thing. I've found that a pound or two makes or breaks the ride. My old 120mm FS bike is a 26er and I can run 25-28PSI with or without tubes feeling no different on the trail but my 29 HT feels better, grippier with tubes. Go figure

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Got a solid 2Hrs in on the new Supercell. I am very impressed especially with the Bronson's, held the line in varied dry conditions, feels fast rolling, no surprise break away. The X-Fusion stuff feels real good. This is my 1st air fork in many moons but I totally feel it getting progressive deep in the travel. Not bad, just different for me.

Something interesting though, on two slight incline mid-speed switchbacks I felt the back end kind of come back around. Not bad like sliding out more like it whipped in & got back under me if that makes sense. Like a 69er feels with a 26 in the back. I dunno, just an observation never felt this on a 29er. It actually helped the turn.

The triple on front will take getting used to, not sure I'll ever use the little ring. The 710 bar looked short pretty flat, I'm used to a 740mm but I'll leave it for now. Real glad I could get everything dialed in to fit just as is without disturbing other bikes.

Overall the bike simply kicks ass - no regrets, does not ride heavy at all and likes to be tossed around.
    Breezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-img_2541.0.jpgBreezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-img_2538.0.jpg

R.I.P. DogFriend
    If you're not using any more travel than the o-ring indicates in your picture, I would consider letting a little air out of the fork's air spring. You paid for 120mm travel, you may as well be using it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Any of you guys cut the fork tube and lower the stem? Currently my seat is about 1.5" lower than the handlebars. Looks like stock it comes with a 10mm and 20mm spacer, can you run the stem with no spacer or do you need a tiny spacer between the stem and the headtube bearing.
    Last edited by roktoy; 11-07-2015 at 12:43 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Just flip the spacers to the top of the stem. You can cut it, but you don't really need to. I needed the bars higher on my xl.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Spent the weekend in Moab riding slickrock and had a great time on the supercell. Really enjoying the bike. My back brakes just seem really spongy though, I have bleed them twice and the feel doesn't really seem to improve. It is really making me think it might be worth bumping up to some XT brakes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    From what I've read about the brakes that came with my Expert, I think the XTs would be a nice upgrade. I upgraded to bigger rotors for now and that helped a lot.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    The XTs that came on my Repack are really nice. With 180mm rotors front and back it stops on a dime with very good modulation. I've seen some really good deals online lately for them too. Look around if you decide to get a set.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I have seen some great deals on the xt's and that is kind of why I have been eyeing them, that and the fact that I just haven't been super thrilled with the stock brakes on the expert. I mean the work and I can stop, I just don't get why the back feels so much softer than the front. If I could get the back to feel like the front I would be happy. Even right out of the box the back didn't feel as good. I may try to bleed it again but having done it twice I just don't know if it will get better.

I have seen some even better deals on the SLX brakes and other than the tool free lever adjustment and free stroke adjustment they seem the same. I am not positive I need free stroke adjustment? I will have to keep my eye peeled for good deals.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    The brakes are good once you bleed them. I have the PRO and no brakes issues. Easy to modulate. Experimented with stem lengths and settle with a 50mm and a 30mm riser bar, seat slightly forward. I am 5'5 and have a small bike. I like the ride. Added the new oil level in the fork as per the FOX site. 30cc per leg. I like the improvement in the fork. more damping.

mtbr member
    I'm not having this issue on my Expert at all, front an rear have essentially the same feel. They modulate well, although I wouldn't mind more per up front they are just fine.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I am going to try bleeding the back again. The front feels great. When I first put the bike together the back felt soft but after pulling it a few times it seemed to feel fine (not as firm as the front but still okay.) A few weeks ago I went on a ride and it was really cold (32 degrees) and the lever would hit the bars and still not be stopping me. If I pumped it I would get pressure and it would feel better. I figured it needed a bleed, had bubbles in it. Since then I have bleed it twice.

I am going to try unhooking all the cable and hanging the line straight to give it a better path to let bubbles out and see how it goes. They do stop me fine and that isn't the issue, the back just doesn't give me any confidence.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    For you guys wanting to bleed the Shimano disc brakes (this includes the XT, SLX [M615], and M447 brakesets), it is many times a pretty simple procedure rather than having to do a full bleed.

You will need to have the bleed kit or at least borrow the bleed cup/funnel and the little plunger stick that fits into the bottom of it:

Shimano Disc Brake Bleed Funnel/Stopper Kit | Shimano

And you will need a small amount of Shimano Mineral Oil (or the equivalent). An ounce would plenty to do this.

You will also need a 2mm and 4mm allen wrench.

1) Put a towel on the floor beneath you brake lever just in case you spill a little fluid. It's a good idea to also have your bike in a stand if you have one. If not just make sure you have it secure enough not to have to struggle keeping it upright without the handlebars flopping around.

2) If your model brake has the lever reach adjuster (a thumbscrew near the lever), and/or a small phillips head screw for adjusting the contact point:

a) Adjust the reach adjuster so the lever is all the way out from the handlebar.

b) Turn the contact point adjuster (a small phillips head screw) all the way in (tighten until it stops, no additional torque needed)

3) Use the 4mm allen wrench to loosen the brake lever clamp on the handlebar enough so you can rotate it. Rotate the brake lever so that the black cap screw on the reservoir is about level (horizontal). Tighten the clamp so it will not rotate easily.

4) Use the 2mm allen wrench to remove the small black cap screw from the reservoir (the screw closest to where the hose meets the lever assembly). Set the screw on a clean surface.

5) Screw the funnel into the hole where the cap screw was removed, just tight enough so the o-ring on the bottom will seal. Light finger tight is plenty.

6) Put about a tablespoon or so of Shimano mineral oil into the funnel.

7) Lightly pull the lever in and then let it out several times. You will likely see a few air bubbles come up from the reservoir. Keep doing this until you no longer see bubbles coming out from the reservoir.

8) Stick the little plunger stick into the bottom of the funnel (from the top of the funnel) to plug it up.

9) Unscrew the funnel from the reservoir. You can probably use a large socket to hold it upright for the time being so the fluid doesn't spill out.

* You can screw the funnel into the other reservoir with the fluid in it already, and then remove the plunger to proceed.

10) Replace the small black cap screw on the reservoir. I keep a small rag handy in case a drop or two of fluid comes out as you tighten the cap screw. Use some rubbing alcohol on a rag to clean it up if necessary.

11) Rotate the brake lever to where you have it previously on the handlebar. Adjust lever reach thumbscrew and contact point adjustment screw to suit your preference.

Unless your brake has other issues, it should feel great after doing this. I can usually leave the pads in the caliper and it will come out just right as there is no danger of getting fluid on them since you're working at the lever, not the caliper. If, by chance, they are too tight: loosen the small black screw just a tiny bit until you see a tiny bit of fluid pool up around the head of the screw, and then tighten it back down. Wipe off the excess fluid (almost none, but it makes a difference). Try the brake again. Now, it should be OK.

If you have the funnel, plunger, and a small amount of proper fluid, this is a pretty quick and easy way to get your brakes working great again.

A lot of the videos on you tube show a much more complex procedure, and that may be what you need, especially if you have been messing with the hoses at the caliper end. But, in my experience, many times this is all that is needed for the periodic bleed after using them for several months.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Thanks Jeff,
    That is part of the whole bleed process, and I have done that multiple times along with doing a full bleed twice. I am thinking there is probably a bubble stuck somewhere in the system but I think the only way to get it is to unhook the whole brake system and let it hang so gravity can force the bubble up to the top.

What you describe should be all that is needed periodically through the season though.

I was actually surprised when I flushed my system though after just having this bike since about July how dirty the fluid was. I really don't think doing a full bleed on these every season (at least) is a bad thing.

MCMXCV
    Give the overnight thing a try - it works.

http://forums.mtbr.com/brake-time/20...l#post12252826

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Thanks D Bone, That is a great idea actually. I am going to give it a try this weekend and see how it goes.

mtbr member
    So who's gonna be the first to try a 27.5+ tire in a Supercell?

I ask with an aching back that has me thinking about full suspension. Someday.
    http://www.bikingtoplay.blogspot.com/
    RIGID, not "ridged" or "ridgid"
    PEDAL, not "peddle." Unless you're selling stuff

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by seat_boy View Post
    So who's gonna be the first to try a 27.5+ tire in a Supercell?

I ask with an aching back that has me thinking about full suspension. Someday.
    That would be the Re-Pack, no benefit to putting a 27.5 on the supercell, the geometry of the repack works better for that size wheel

mtbr member
    27.5"+". Closer to a 3" tire than a typical 2.2" or so. The diameter can get pretty close to that of a 29er, but more width. The Supercell seems to have pretty good clearance, so I wonder if it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Jorgensen View Post
    That would be the Re-Pack, no benefit to putting a 27.5 on the supercell, the geometry of the repack works better for that size wheel
    http://www.bikingtoplay.blogspot.com/
    RIGID, not "ridged" or "ridgid"
    PEDAL, not "peddle." Unless you're selling stuff

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Does anybody know what are the differences between the 2014 and 2015?
    2014 glossy paint, 2015 matte? Different tires, stem, post and hubs.

I have been contemplating buying this bike since last February... Ended up with a very good deal on a new 2013 sc superlight (1k)... which i like, but it has very basic components and weights about 32 pounds (xl)... How much does the xl pro weights? It should be around 34.5, right? Not trying to compare Apple to oranges...

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

I think the monster 27.5 would work no problem

Quote Originally Posted by seat_boy View Post
    27.5"+". Closer to a 3" tire than a typical 2.2" or so. The diameter can get pretty close to that of a 29er, but more width. The Supercell seems to have pretty good clearance, so I wonder if it would work.
    I'm not going to drop $500 (min) in upgrades to find out, but I see NO reason it wouldn't work. The clearances are definitely there for very large 27.5 tires in the vicinity of 3". Contrary to what some say, I don't think it would screw up handling per se. Could be great for very technical and/or very loose conditions. Not so much for fast xc obviously.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I wonder how much better the 27.5+ handles snow and ice compared to the 29"? I went riding saturday and we had to sort of pick and choose trails that weren't snow and ice covered but I did probably ride about a mile worth of snow/ice covered trail and it wasn't super great. Saw a lot of guys on fatbikes and they obviously were handling it much better than us. Curious how much better 27+ would be? If it worked and was much better on snow it could greatly extend my winter riding without having to buy a fatbike (which I am not going to do). If I ever find someone that has one I will see if I can try their wheels.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by duneslider View Post
    I wonder how much better the 27.5+ handles snow and ice compared to the 29"? I went riding saturday and we had to sort of pick and choose trails that weren't snow and ice covered but I did probably ride about a mile worth of snow/ice covered trail and it wasn't super great. Saw a lot of guys on fatbikes and they obviously were handling it much better than us. Curious how much better 27+ would be? If it worked and was much better on snow it could greatly extend my winter riding without having to buy a fatbike (which I am not going to do). If I ever find someone that has one I will see if I can try their wheels.
    Awww, now you're gonna make me eat my words. If I needed a snow and ice bike, the $500 investment would be cheap in comparison to a fatbike, and take up less space. A great idea. Let us know how it turns out. Because now its going to eat at you until you do it

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I haven't seen any plus bikes on the trails anywhere. Not sure how popular that option is going to be but seriously I would be interested in how well they handle packed snow and ice? If it was significantly better than what I have I would consider dropping $500 on wheels and tires.

Just Ride!
    And of course if you do see someone out with one, they will claim it is the best ever!

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

Some new skins for the Pro

I was having a few issues with the Bronsons when I went tubless on them. I wanted a little bigger tire so I went with 2.4 Ardents with skinwalls for a bit of retro flair. What do you think, pretty tricked out Supercell. Breezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-20151129_094758-1280x720-.jpgBreezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-20151129_094828-1280x586-.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Really enjoying my Supercell Expert. Went with single 32t SLX crank and Continental Trail Kings. The Bronson's were terrible for me. In light/soft soil they packed quickly and I couldn't get grip going up hills. The rear tire would spin out and the mud wouldn't clear. The Trail Kings have been awesome! Also, went Stan's tubeless. Really like this bike and even more 1x10!

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I dig it!

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Looks good, I have been looking at dropper posts. How much travel is the one you have? I keep hoping a good deal will pop up on craigslist.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Looks good, I have been looking at dropper posts. How much travel is the one you have? I keep hoping a good deal will pop up on craigslist.
    I think the Thomson is 125mm. So far so good, but I should have read the reviews on it a bit more, seems like these can have some issues (most of the droppers do) but it has been good so far. The action on this thing is incredibly smooth and I love the infinite travel, plus, besides the cable routing it looks awesome with the bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I think if you read the reviews they all suck one way or another.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I picked up a tmars dropper for mine. It worked great until I washed in a corner out and broke the remote lever with my knee. I made a new lever yesterday that won't break. I wasn't on a dropper trail (pretty mild and flat) but I used it in a few spots and I can tell I'll like it on tougher trails.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Digin' it Marc Been thinking about those 2.4's as a FRT tire for my SS. Honestly, I have yet to ride anything other than the Supercell since it arrived.

FWIW So far so good for me on the Bronson's been great for dry, loose+hard and damp tacky hero dirt... yes still droughting out here in the old west so haven't had real mud.

mtbr member
    My rear Bronson tire has already worn down, thanks to the rocky Arizona trails. I just replaced it with a tubeless Trail Boss 2.25. So far I'm loving it. Once the front wears out I plan on getting the tubeless Trail Boss 2.4 for the front.

The 2015 Supercells and Repacks are on sale at Pricepoint.com. Might be a good time to pull the trigger if you haven't already.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    The 2014 Supercells and Repacks were 100 bucks cheaper a few weeks ago. Now the 2014 and 2015 are priced the same at pricepoint. The 2015 are the ones with the trail boss tires. I bought a 2015 supercell expert, the bike is nice and quality built. I have no complaints, but for 300 bucks more the pro might be worth it for the upgraded components.

MCMXCV
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyham View Post
    My rear Bronson tire has already worn down, thanks to the rocky Arizona trails. I just replaced it with a tubeless Trail Boss 2.25. So far I'm loving it. Once the front wears out I plan on getting the tubeless Trail Boss 2.4 for the front.

The 2015 Supercells and Repacks are on sale at Pricepoint.com. Might be a good time to pull the trigger if you haven't already.
    I have TCS light/fast TrailBoss 29x2.25s, tubeless front and rear on my Jamis and I killed the rear pretty quick in the rocky SoCal high desert I ride in. The front still looks good, but I expected more from the rear.

So far a Specialized Ground Control Grid 2.3 has worn the best for me, and I will go back to a set in a few weeks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by D Bone View Post
    I have TCS light/fast TrailBoss 29x2.25s, tubeless front and rear on my Jamis and I killed the rear pretty quick in the rocky SoCal high desert I ride in. The front still looks good, but I expected more from the rear.

So far a Specialized Ground Control Grid 2.3 has worn the best for me, and I will go back to a set in a few weeks.
    I got the TCS tough. Hopefully that will last longer than the light.

mtbr member
    The 2014 Supercells and Repacks were 100 bucks cheaper a few weeks ago. Now the 2014 and 2015 are priced the same at pricepoint. The 2015 are the ones with the trail boss tires. I bought a 2015 supercell expert, the bike is nice and quality built. I have no complaints, but for 300 bucks more the pro might be worth it for the upgraded components.
    I noticed that as well. Seems odd to sell the 2014 and 2015 bikes at the same price point.

For $300 I think the pro is a great upgrade.

mtbr member
    I'm not seeing any 2015's on Pricepoint.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I don't think it says which is a 2014 and which is a 2015, you just have to pay attention to the build of the bike and the paint. The 2014's are glossy and the 2015's are more matte. Tire choice is different on the 2015 too. Other then those items I think they are pretty much the same.

mtbr member
    There is a 4 or a 5 at the end of the part number as well.

mtbr member
    Bikes with bronson tires are 2014, the 2015's have trail boss. The tire names are big enough to see from the picture.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I just picked up the black Supercell 29 XL

Bars replaced Renthal 780
    stem Renthol duo
    chain ring Raceface 34t nw 1x10 34x36
    Shimano short cage dh rear Derailer
    Thompson Dropper post
    Fox dual lockout lever
    ethirteen Chain guide
    Hope pro evoII rear hub

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    How's everyones bike holding up? How Do they compare to other 29er FS bikes that you have ridden. Ive ridden my buddies epic comp quite bit and I like it on up hills and flats but even with the suspension set to my weight I use all of the travel, Im thinking that the supercell would be a good trail bike and maybe be good for the occasional xc race a few times a year???

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    I just bought a Supercell Pro and joined MTBR specifically to add to the thread here - as there isn't much information out there about this bike. I live in the Eastern US and my main type of riding is trail. I live 10 minutes from 15 miles of trail, and ride weekly when the weather is good and the trails are open.

Just for frame of reference for comparable riders:
    I'm 6'4" and 215lbs
    Bought the XL frame of course...

I'd say I am at intermediate to advanced skill at trail riding with many additional years in small cc dirt motorcycles. I have no downhill or FS experience - but, I may head up to the ski resorts this spring/summer to try out some of the runs there.

I'll do my best to add to the reports here (good or bad). The bike gets here Wednesday.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Breezer super cell 29 pro

Quote Originally Posted by bgredjeep View Post
    Got the AC sorted out and hit the garage to check out the new bike. I'm far from a bike mechanic, and I haven't assembled a bike in years but I didn't have any trouble. Torque specs were either on the parts or in the various manuals. I probably spent around 2hrs total including airing up the tires and shocks. The bike came nicely packaged as I've seen mentioned in other posts. A larger box with the Breezer box inside. No indications that FedEx had run over it with their truck so that was promising.

Here's a few pics of the unboxing, tire clearance that was requested (I presume you meant in the rear of the frame), and the assembled bike. I can't really offer any riding impressions yet. I pedaled around my front yard a few times to get some baseline air pressures in the shocks. I also don't have anything to compare it to besides my hardtail. Once I get back from the beach I'll take it trail riding and be able to offer so more feedback.

I also got impatient and ordered a BBG bashguard for a 32t so I guess that'll be my front chainring shortly. That's the same size I've had on my SS for year so I'm sure it will be fine.

Attachment 998337

Attachment 998338

Attachment 998339

Attachment 998340

Attachment 998341

Attachment 998342

If you want to see any other specific detail shots, LMK and I'll work on getting it.

I just purchased a black supercell pro xl
    1600.00 extra for the following

Rs pike 140 mm fork
    Renthal apex 30 mm stem
    Renthal 740 carbon fat bars 50 mm rise
    Renthal 34t chainring
    Zee 820 rear derailleur shorty
    11x36 sram cassette
    Fox remote lockout
    Thompson dropper post
    Stans kit

Will run high preasure on thos setup
    Giant air till something fails

Rollin withouta colon!!!!!
    Last edited by mjs1231; 12-26-2015 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Add

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs1231 View Post
    I just purchased a black supercell pro xl
    1600.00 extra for the following

Rs pike 140 mm fork
    Renthal apex 30 mm stem
    Renthal 740 carbon fat bars 50 mm rise
    Renthal 34t chainring
    Zee 820 rear derailleur shorty
    11x36 sram cassette
    Fox remote lockout
    Thompson dropper post
    Stans kit

Will run high preasure on thos setup
    Giant air till something fails

Rollin withouta colon!!!!!
    Any pictures? Sounds like a nice build.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Update

Any pictures? Sounds like a nice build.
    I have not had much time to ride.so much rain down here. Took me a while to dial in suspension. This xl feels like a large. Im pleased with the build. I will try to get some pics up soon. The stem seems a bit to short, i may try a 40-50 mm due to the seat tube angle. I may swap the dropper for a more curved option so i can sit back when pedaling.

I know now that i should have got the repack and not the supercell.

Also
    You cant install a angle set due to the head tube deaign, at least thats what works components said. Not sure about other brands.

Something about drop in bearing cups are a no go.

For a couple hundred bucks i could have the head tube cutoff and a new one installed with a 68 ha.
    Last edited by mjs1231; 01-09-2016 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Spelling

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    You could try a pair of these Offsetbushings.com | Standard & Offset bicycle shock hardware ? Offset Bushings | Shock Mounting Hardware They will get you a degree slacker and are a cheap thing to try. I will be trying these on my Repack eventually.

Master of Disaster
    I just brought home a Supercell Team 29 that I picked up for only $1,785 (with $179 worth of "Team rewards" credit toward future purchases which more than offsets the 7% local sales tax).

This was from the Performance Bike downtown Atlanta store (1 of 4 stores in metro Atlanta) and only this one store had "Factory Demo/Sample" bikes from Fuji and Breezer available and only in very limited sizes/quantities. They had two demo'd 2015 Team units in Large with 10% off and then two more "2014" Team bikes; one beat to hell and one very clean both with an extra 5% off (I put 2014 in quotes because imine had the 2015 Trail Boss tires instead of the 2014 Bronsons and was barely used). They also still had three 2016 Team models ( a Small and two Mediums) as new "Factory Samples" for $2,800. I'm in love with the M8000 component group but not when the frame size is wrong. Last, there was one oddly over-priced 2015 Expert model in Medium (why would a Expert be only $100 less than a Team bike?). The glue-on rubber chainstay protector was gone on all bikes except mine (this item was dropped from 2016). Full store and factory warranty's on all the bikes.

The 2016 Team bikes were interesting not only for their exotic color but also the many notable 2015-released component upgrades; Fox 34 forks, Raceface cockpit group, M8000 group all-black XT crank, 11-speed cassette and rear derailleur, and slick-looking M8000 brakes with I-Spec-II shifters (not I-Spec-B and much nicer than the M785 I-Spec-A XT gear). I-Spec-B shifters are backward-compatible with I-Spec-A brake levers but not the other way around and I-Spec-II is completely different altogether. While the 2016 Team bikes went up in spec, the 2016 Pro bikes went down; RockShox Reba fork instead of Fox 32 Float and RockShox Monarch RT3 shock instead of Fox Float CTD Boost Valve.

I liked the look of the 2015 Pro build (Satin Charcoal\Black) on PricePoint but Performance didn't have any of those and anyway why would I not choose a 2014/2015 Team build for LESS money? I'm 6'1" with a 33" bike inseam and I liked the feel of the XL (21-inch) best. The cockpit might be a touch long for me but a 18mm carbon riser bar and a 90mm stem (my demo'd bike has a 100mm stem for some reason) will resolve that. The XL with pedals showed 31.9lbs on a digital bike scale.

Sitting on the one 2015 Expert, I noticed significant stiction on both the X-Fusion fork and shock whereas the high-end Fox components on the Team bikes are buttery smooth (okay, ONE 2014 Team bike had a flat shock).

I have a set of 2011 Easton Haven 29er UST wheels that I'm looking forward to mounting up tubeless. I already have Ergon grips and a WTB Speed-V saddle mounted. I hate gloss paint but I plan to rub it down to a satin finish with automotive rubbing compound and an orbital buffer. I got lucky with a FSA SL-K carbon cockpit group off eBay tonight to replace the gloss-painted Oval parts that look just like painted steel (why paint aluminum instead of anodizing it?).

Supercell EXPERT 29
    $1,500 PricePoint
    $1,800 Performance Bike Atlanta (2015 Factory Demo $2,000 less 10%)
    $2,200 Performance Bike (2015 New Online)
    $2,500 Performance Bike (2016 New Online)
    $2,630 2016 MSRP

Supercell PRO 29
    $1,800 PricePoint
    $2,500 Performance Bike (2015 New Online)
    $3,000 Performance Bike (2016 New Online)
    $3,150 2016 MSRP

Supercell TEAM 29
    $1,785 Performance Bike Atlanta (2014 Factory Demo $2,100 less 15%) <-- my bike
    $1,890 Performance Bike Atlanta (2015 Factory Demo $2,100 less 10%)
    $2,450 PricePoint
    $2,800 Performance Bike Atlanta (2016 Factory Demo)
    $3,500 Performance Bike (2015 New Online)
    $4,200 MSRP

Supercell LIMITED 29
    $4,769 Performance Bike (2016 New Online)
    $5,000 2016 MSRP

~Clones
    Last edited by Clones123; 01-12-2016 at 11:36 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Just picked up a pro in med. Changed some things before first ride.
    Carbon riser bars
    Took chainrings off and replaced with raceface 34t
    Changed stem to 50mm
    removed front der and shifter
    changed tires to specialized ground control rear and caption control front.
    My initial impression whith this set up is that his bike is not that heavy. It is not the lightest bike on the planet but it is not the heaviest. I figured I saved maybe 1.25lb with the changes. I picked up a guys niner and it didn't feel any lighter. This is my first FS but I have ridden a few and wasn't sure I wanted to get one in a 29er but for the price I couldn't pass up. Did about 15 miles today. This thing rides light Could not believe how well it turns. Better than any 29er ht I have personally ridden or owned. Was considering a 27.5. I ride 29ht mostly.This bike is more agile than my friends Scot 27.5. Great peddler also. I am very impressed with this bike. Still can't believe a 29r could be this lively . Wow. Seat leaves a little to be desired though but that is an easy fix

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Based on positive reviews and discussion here, in November I picked up a large Expert for me (6'-1", 32" inseam, 240 lbs), and a small Expert for my GF (5'-5", 30" inseam), each from Pricepont for $1,100 (double discount in play then). We both were coming from 26" hard-tails, so it was was a big step up to the 29" FS. As expected the standover on my GF's bike left little to spare, but initial rides convinced her that this would not be a problem.

The Expert components seem well-chosen considering the modest price, and the frame design seems worth hanging onto for a while and upgrading components as desired.

After a couple rides, the first revelation was how much more efficient a climber this 29er is than my old Hardrock, even with their weights being essentially equivalent. New England roots and rocks don't stall me like they did before, the rear suspension keeps the Bronson tire firmly planted, BB clearance is significant, and I can focus more on my line ahead rather than immediate impediments, which has improved my flow significantly. After making some stance adjustments, cornering with the larger wheels and bars is as quick as the 26er, and the downhill feel is much more secure and forgiving. I'm looking forward to installing a drop seat post and optimizing the suspension shock rebound.

Although I have no basis for comparing the Supercell with competitive 29er FS bikes, it seems that Joe Breeze has created a very solid and playfill ride at a reasonable cost. Both my GF and I doubled our riding over the past 1 1/2 months to take advantage of our fun new rigs, and I expect will continue when dry weather returns.
    Last edited by Archwhorides; 01-11-2016 at 03:07 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I am struggling to find a good seat too. I wasn't a fan of the stock seat. I currently have the seat I pulled off my old bike but I am not a huge fan of it either but it is better than the wtb volt. I wish seats weren't so expensive so I could try a bunch of them. It seems like I can't really tell if a seat works for me unless I can spend an hour or more on it. I have heard that there is a bike shop near me that has a bunch of demo seats you can "borrow".

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    The xfusion only seems to have striction after its been sitting for awhile. But one you cycle it once, the striction is gone and the movement is smooth.
    2015 Breezer Supercell Expert FS
    2015 REI Novara Ponderosa HT
    1991 Diamondback Apex Rigid

Master of Disaster
    I wish seats weren't so expensive so I could try a bunch of them. It seems like I can't really tell if a seat works for me unless I can spend an hour or more on it. I have heard that there is a bike shop near me that has a bunch of demo seats you can "borrow".
    Not sure if they still do but WTB used to have a dealer kit of of their most popular saddles all with bold yellow accents and logos and marked "Test Ride". If you search PricePoint.com for "WTB Test Ride Saddle" you can see what they look like. The idea was that you'd be able to borrow saddles one at a time from your LBS (deposit or not, up to the shop). Use the saddle for a day or a week or whatever you work out with the shop. My LBS just sells you the test ride saddles and you can return it for exchange whenever you're ready (or never). I question whether WTB still does has this program given that PricePoint is selling ten WTB "Test Ride" models at a discount.

The Rocket V looks great but it has a raised lip at the rear that digs into my behind. The Pure V has a long nose, too long for me. The Laser V is another variation but my favorite in several iterations is the Speed V; exactly what I'd expect a MTB saddle to look and feel like. Goldilocks says "just right".

mtbr member
    The xfusion only seems to have striction after its been sitting for awhile. But one you cycle it once, the striction is gone and the movement is smooth.
    This has been my experience as well. Once it sits for a bit that stiction is significant, but only at the top of the fork travel and only for the first cycle.

Still odd though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I have a speed v and pure v also .Like the speed v better great saddle and cheap. That being said the charge spoon, also inexpensive is the best I have used to date. The x- fusion stuff is really good especially for the money but boy does it take a long time to break in. I have a trace on my ridley and cooker and love that fork. Same dampener as slant. Will up grade to the Rough Cut (RC) cartridge when they become available

mtbr member
    I find that if you invert the forks for about thirty seconds it will lubricate the foam rings at the top with the fork oil and it really minimizes the stiction. I too have the X-Fusion Slide on my bike.

mtbr member
    A few Breezers are 15% off at PricePoint, seem to be Expert level Repack and Supercell.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Just weighed mine with the changes made 18.5 frame and it is just under 30lbs

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Glad you guys mentioned the stiction thought it was just me. Seems to be most noticeable when its cooler, 45f or less. Only on 1st cycle after sitting other than that the fork feels real nice and has never given me any issues. 2 months, 325 miles, still loving it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    did about 20 miles this weekend. I love this bike more and more. Right now there is no were that I prefer my hard tails over this. Can't believe how well this bike turns . Brother has a Repack and it is also nice. This bike is more flickable than some of the 27.5 I have ridden. I would say if you are on the boarder line of size though get the larger one.They run just a tad small.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I don't have a lot of experience with MTB shocks but usually stiction is a result of seals that are dry. Anyone done any work on the x-fusion fork and found the stiction less after new seals/wipers installed and greased? How about method of storing? If you store the bike hanging from the front or rear does that keep oil on the seals and keep them from drying and prevent the stiction. I will have to pay more attention to see if I notice any on my bike.

I have noticed the x-fusion to be very stiff at first in cold temps (below say 36degrees). Not sure I would call what I felt stiction though, just stiff. I haven't ridden any higher end stuff to know if this is normal across the board.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I have the x-fusion on my hard tail and the fox on the breezer , also Manitou on a hard tail. The x-fusion is a little stiffer but every bit as good as the Fox in my opinion for the same price point. When the Rough Cut upgrades are available for my trace I wil upgrade that. I am thinking of when I up gradei the trace putting it on the Breezer and putting the fox on the hardtail . There will be an upgrade kit for anything with the RL2 dampener

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Delayed duplicate post
    Last edited by 1wheeler1; 01-26-2016 at 02:01 PM. Reason: duplicate

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Hi Guys, I joined a few days ago and posted but still hasn't shown up so I apologize if this ends up a double post.

I've been following this thread since I ran across it researching the Breezer Thunder Pro on PP when it was $899 at Christmas and now think I'm ready to pull the trigger on the Supercell Expert instead but torn on sizing. I'm 46yrs old 5'10 180lbs with a 33" inseam using the book method with no shoes. Arm reach is about 30" from front of armpit to fingertip. Reading through all of the posts I was pretty set on getting a medium but saw rtreenut's post that said "I would say if you are on the boarder line of size though get the larger one.They run just a tad small" so now thinking a large.

For reference I did find a medium at a local LBS but salesperson wasn't much help. With the seat fully down I was really just touching my toes when sitting on it but sag wasn't adjusted at all and was stiff. The medium Supercell felt a lot bigger then the medium Repack they had and can't find a large to sit on.

Looking at the Geo chart it doesn't seem to be a huge difference going to the large and can always change the stem so now leaning that way. Been out of biking for many years so just looking for any input on sizing. Thanks!
    Last edited by 1wheeler1; 01-26-2016 at 05:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by rtreenut View Post
    did about 20 miles this weekend. I love this bike more and more. Right now there is no were that I prefer my hard tails over this. Can't believe how well this bike turns . Brother has a Repack and it is also nice. This bike is more flickable than some of the 27.5 I have ridden. I would say if you are on the boarder line of size though get the larger one.They run just a tad small.
    Hi Guys, I'm 5'10" with a 33" bike inseam and looking on advice for going with a medium or large frame. I was pretty much set on a medium after reading the entire thread but this post from rtreenut saying they run a tad small has me thinking about a large now. I found a medium to sit on at a local LBS but salesman wasn't much help with sizing. It felt fine and with seat at lowest position was pretty much on my toes touching the ground but wasn't adjusted for sag. The Supercell medium felt quite a bit bigger then the medium Repack.

I'd appreciate any input, trying to figure it out before the PP 15% off deal ends.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Hey all, I am looking to do some upgrade to my supercell expert and am curious what you all feel will be the best bang for the buck? I am totally stock right now other than a different seat but I am still trying to find a good seat. I also got a new stem and handle bar that I need to put on.

I am leaning towards a dropper post and brake upgrade. The brakes have been pretty good all things considered other than I have struggled to get the back bled properly. Once it warms up I am going to try again and see what I can get to happen. If I can get the back to feel as good as the front I will be fine with them. What about upgrading the shifters to XT? Any benefit from that? Any other smaller upgrades that make a difference?

I don't think I am at the level that the X-fusion shock and fork need to be replaced, I think they feel pretty great to me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    What problems are you having with your brakes? I've had no problems with the SLX brakes on my SC Pro. I did upgrade my rotors to 203F/180R. I also built a "real" wheelset using DT Swiss 350 hubs and 23mm Frequency rims. A dropper post would be awesome.
    The biggest thing I did to improve this bike was to shift the cockpit rearwards using a setback seatpost and shorter stem. The bike just felt sluggish to me before I shifted my weight back.
    I also ditched the front derailleur and went 1x10 with a OneUp 40 tooth cog on an XT cassette. I also installed an XT shifter... not a huge improvement, but the shifting is slightly crisper than the SLX.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I would think medium, I am 5'8" with 31.5 inseam, and I got the medium. I was boarder line probably would have been fine with a small too. I think they actually run large. a M is 18.5" seat tube. If you can find a dealer and try one out, performance bike might have in. I would stay stick with what you ride on other bikes, do you usually run a large or medium.

Quote Originally Posted by 1wheeler1 View Post
    Hi Guys, I'm 5'10" with a 33" bike inseam and looking on advice for going with a medium or large frame. I was pretty much set on a medium after reading the entire thread but this post from rtreenut saying they run a tad small has me thinking about a large now. I found a medium to sit on at a local LBS but salesman wasn't much help with sizing. It felt fine and with seat at lowest position was pretty much on my toes touching the ground but wasn't adjusted for sag. The Supercell medium felt quite a bit bigger then the medium Repack.

I'd appreciate any input, trying to figure it out before the PP 15% off deal ends.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I also thought bike set a little tall so I cut down my seat post a little ( inch) but bike does not feel tall when rideing. I have raise the seat back up a little I think the medium will be fine for you (wheeler) if you have SLX iwould not spend money to upgrade to xt. The lx is modeled after xt and is so close not worth it in my opinion. I have my seat set back as far as possible and 50mm stem, stock is just too long IMO. Shorter stem seem to be the way too go on MTB these days and I agree. I like bikes with around a 600mm effective top tube give or take. I know you can change stem length to adjust some things but I do not like running anything over 70mm on a MTB. This bike feels a tad smaller than my Cooker but about the same as my Ridley,all having almost the effective top tube and all being medium frames

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by lemke View Post
    What problems are you having with your brakes? I've had no problems with the SLX brakes on my SC Pro. I did upgrade my rotors to 203F/180R. I also built a "real" wheelset using DT Swiss 350 hubs and 23mm Frequency rims. A dropper post would be awesome.
    The biggest thing I did to improve this bike was to shift the cockpit rearwards using a setback seatpost and shorter stem. The bike just felt sluggish to me before I shifted my weight back.
    I also ditched the front derailleur and went 1x10 with a OneUp 40 tooth cog on an XT cassette. I also installed an XT shifter... not a huge improvement, but the shifting is slightly crisper than the SLX.
    It feels like a bleed issue, bubble in it somewhere or moisture. It wasn't good from day one but it has gotten worse. Once it got cold it would not stop at all until it warmed up or I pumped it a dozen times then it would work okay. I bled it twice and it is better but doesn't feel as good as the front. Its in the 20's in the garage right now so I am going to wait until it warms up to give bleeding another try.

I have a shorter stem and a riser bar to put on and I am excited to try that. I might need to go with a set back seat post too but I will wait to see how the handle bars and stem feel.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 1wheeler1 View Post

Thanks!
    I am 5'10" and my inseam is about the same as yours and I feel pretty good on the medium. I certainly wouldn't want bigger and I think the small would feel cramped but I haven't tried on to know for sure.

This bike did feel taller than the hard tail I came from but I quickly got used to it and don't feel that way now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    by the way we did a 20mi night ride this week and I rode a guys trek FS for about 5mi and I certainly would not trade bikes even if the price was the same. He seemed like he like the breezer better than his bike without coming right out and saying it

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    The expert model comes with the alivio m445 or m447 brakes, which are fine. But xt or slx brakes would be an upgrade.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Haha

by the way we did a 20mi night ride this week and I rode a guys trek FS for about 5mi and I certainly would not trade bikes even if the price was the same. He seemed like he like the breezer better than his bike without coming right out and saying it
    Rode a new bike park sat and sun

1x10 is the bomb
    34tx11x36
    Had to use two jumbo lizard skins on the rear tri.
    The zee m820 ss operated flawlessly
    Renthal apex 50 also felt just right.
    Im 210 fully geared up. So remember its not just your weight but your weight geared up, camel pack and all

Supercell is alot of fun but i installed a 140 fork and it works perfect.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Jorgensen View Post
    OEM wheels. They are already taped and tubless compatible. I just pulled the tubes added WTB stems and some stans sealant. Thye hold good, the front bled down, but I re sealed the bead and it is holding air fine now. Like I said though, I feel like I have to run more air than I would like but I am a pretty big guy (220 or so) and in the turns the tire seemed like it would fold. Honesty though this is the first time I have messed with tubless, not sure it is worth the hassle to me.
    Yep, same here. Tubeless no good for over 200 lbs riders

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I am 210 and run tubless with zero issues .There are several people I know over 250 that run tubless with no prob. at 200 lbs you prob need about 28-30psi back and 25-27 front

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of running tubeless? That is probably about the pressure I run with tubes and weigh 195. I thought the main advantage of tubeless was being able to run a lower pressure and not get pinch flats? Weight savings is pretty insignificant from what I can see. I haven't run tubeless so I really have no real world experience with it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of running tubeless? That is probably about the pressure I run with tubes and weigh 195. I thought the main advantage of tubeless was being able to run a lower pressure and not get pinch flats? Weight savings is pretty insignificant from what I can see. I haven't run tubeless so I really have no real world experience with it.
    I saved over a pound on my 29er going tubeless. You could actually feel the difference. Dropping rotating weight seems to be the most noticeable.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    tire psi should be determined by your weight. You should run a higher psi with tubes than tubless. The ride is also different, you lose weight and decrease rotating mass. Losing a pound of rotating mass is like losing prob 3-4lbs of frame weight

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMountainsBiker View Post
    I saved over a pound on my 29er going tubeless. You could actually feel the difference. Dropping rotating weight seems to be the most noticeable.
    That is pretty significant. Most I have talked to said the actual loss they saw was less than half a pound. Tubes alone weigh about a pound but by the time you add sealant and stems back in assuming your rims are already taped I just don't see over a pound of weight loss. Maybe someday I will try it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    That is pretty significant. Most I have talked to said the actual loss they saw was less than half a pound. Tubes alone weigh about a pound but by the time you add sealant and stems back in assuming your rims are already taped I just don't see over a pound of weight loss. Maybe someday I will try it.
    I actually weighed everything I took off Vs what I put back in and there was a significant difference. I don't remember exactly now what it was. Can't find where it was written down. My wheels were already taped from the factory.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    tubless is not just about the actual weight. This is rotating mass and ride quality. Also don't forget rim strip for tubes versus tape for tubless almost a wash

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    tubless is not just about the actual weight. This is rotating mass and ride quality. Also don't forget rim strip for tubes versus tape for tubless almost a wash
    I agree. Also IMHO ride quality and traction was much improved after going tubeless.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Hi guys. I'm considering buying this bike because it's cheap and I could use a second bike. Right now I have a 14 Fuel EX8 29er.

I'm looking at the Expert and it looks like the 2015 is $100 cheaper. Only real difference is the tires from what I can see.

I'm 5'11 or so with 32" inseam. I'm going to throw a 60mm stem on and maybe 740mm bars. I have a setback dropper to throw on it . I like a more upright seating position and to sit further back on the bike. So, should I go for a medium or a large?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Supercell

Quote Originally Posted by KidConejo View Post
    Hi guys. I'm considering buying this bike because it's cheap and I could use a second bike. Right now I have a 14 Fuel EX8 29er.

I'm looking at the Expert and it looks like the 2015 is $100 cheaper. Only real difference is the tires from what I can see.

I'm 5'11 or so with 32" inseam. I'm going to throw a 60mm stem on and maybe 740mm bars. I have a setback dropper to throw on it . I like a more upright seating position and to sit further back on the bike. So, should I go for a medium or a large?
    Here it is

so the super cell geometry is stuck at what you buy.

I have a super cell I picked up in December 2015 and I am looking to sell it.

it has the following upgrades

super cell pro XL black 29er with 120 front and rear
    fox float evaluation series
    ctd bv rear

stem renthal apex 50 mm stem
    bars Answer 720 am with 50 m riser
    1x10 drive train conversion
    34 t race face narrow wide black chainring
    shimano zee m820 short cage rear derailleur
    2x jumbo lizard skins on the rear chain stay for total silence
    Direct mount cover for the removal of the front derailleur

I will sell for 1900.00 I have put 2100 and some change in it.

pre prepped and tested, adjusted and optimized.

ready to assemble and rock the trails.
    perfect condition, spent 2 hours on lame trails.
    i don't think there is a single scratch or nick on the bike at all.

shoot me an email if interested

location is US florida.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs1231 View Post
    Yep, same here. Tubeless no good for over 200 lbs riders
    I am 210 and run tubeless with zero issues .There are several people I know over 250 that run tubeless with no prob. at 200 lbs you prob need about 28-30psi back and 25-27 front
    I guess I didn't get that memo as I am rarely below 250 lbs, and have been running tubeless (almost exclusively) for nearly 7 years. On 29" tires that are 2.1" to 2.3", I run 28 to 30 psi in the rear tire, and maybe 2 psi less in front. No, it does not defeat the purpose of running tubeless for me. The purpose is better performance from a given tire, and flat protection. Weight isn't that much different as I run a little more sealant than most. NEVER more than 30 psi in a 29" MTB tire, tubed or tubeless.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    agree with above. Point I was making is that you do run lower pressure in tubeless compared to tubes. you usually run more psi if you are on the heavier side than a person that is lighter. Generally you run less psi for tubeless than you would if you were running tubes. The bigger benefits are more performance and ride oriented. One of the riders in our group is 300 lbs running tubeless with no issues

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

breezer?

agree with above. Point I was making is that you do run lower pressure in tubeless compared to tubes. you usually run more psi if you are on the heavier side than a person that is lighter. Generally you run less psi for tubeless than you would if you were running tubes. The bigger benefits are more performance and ride oriented. One of the riders in our group is 300 lbs running tubeless with no issues
    Quick advice- This thread is abut the only thread regarding the Breezer Supercell line. I'm a noob to mtb. Lng time road biker. I'm 6'2", 225lb, and am looking for a FS bike.

Would you guys buy another Breezer? From pricepoint? Or is there a better model somewhere spec'd like the Supercell Pro for less than 2k?
    I just have not seen much info or reviews on the Breezer compared to other comparable bikes.

Thx in advance ,

PappyD

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by PappyD View Post
    Quick advice- This thread is abut the only thread regarding the Breezer Supercell line. I'm a noob to mtb. Lng time road biker. I'm 6'2", 225lb, and am looking for a FS bike.

Would you guys buy another Breezer? From pricepoint? Or is there a better model somewhere spec'd like the Supercell Pro for less than 2k?
    I just have not seen much info or reviews on the Breezer compared to other comparable bikes.

Thx in advance ,

PappyD

good luck

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast