Bonty 29-4- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bonty 29-4

mtbr member

Bonty 29-4

Anyone running the Bonty 29-4's yet? How do you like them?

poser Administrator
    i waited forever for these tires and just gave up and went with the WTB dissents which are godlike in their ability to have traction at all times to add a huge amount of compliance to a rigid bike. That said they are probably the weight equivalent of four 29-4s.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    i waited forever for these tires and just gave up and went with the WTB dissents which are godlike in their ability to have traction at all times to add a huge amount of compliance to a rigid bike. That said they are probably the weight equivalent of four 29-4s.
    I've got a few rides on them on dirt in the last few weeks. Nice tires. My go-to, daily-driver tire is the Dissent. The FR-4 feels like a 'Dissent lite': Not as big, not as heavy, not as much traction. For days/weeks/trips when the trails aren't quite as burly tech I reach for the FR-4's.

Seated easily with a floor pump and no fiddling on Flows.

MC

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    I've got a few rides on them on dirt in the last few weeks. Nice tires. My go-to, daily-driver tire is the Dissent. The FR-4 feels like a 'Dissent lite': Not as big, not as heavy, not as much traction. For days/weeks/trips when the trails aren't quite as burly tech I reach for the FR-4's.

MC

Good to know MC - thanks. I think I will pick one up for the rear and give it a try.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee

MC

Hey mikesee, Have you had any problems with the sidewalls? I mounted a 29-4 on my Duster rims yesterday and the sidewalls seem really thin compared to my FR3 and the UST 26" tires I am use to.

Members who have read this thread: 0