Bontrager Ranger Wheelset- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Bontrager Ranger Wheelset

I want to go tubeless and I believe a stans kit will work with my entry level wheels, but I wanted to see if anyone else happens to be running these and see how its working out for them.. The website shows my wheels but no description like all the other wheelsets listed.

Thanks!
    I hunt, I fish, and now ...I build bikes

JB1
    mtbr member

Funny you should ask!

Just 2 days ago I converted my Bonty Rangers to tubeless using the Stans kit. Yes they are entry level wheels that came stock on my GF Cobia, but they are still running true, so I'll use them till they die. The Stans website specifies the "Plus Four" kit for these rims. I used those rim strips and kept the stock spoke tape in. I went with Geax Sagauro TNT's, even though I read many reviews that with the benefit of the great sidewall comes the problem of them being hard to mount on some Bonty rims. Well they couldnt have been harder to mount. I had to take the rim strip out and pop a tube in and pump up to 60 lbs overnight, then the next day I was able to get the tires on with the rim strip. The rim strip takes up more of the already shallow rin, which is what makes them hard to install in the first place.So once I mounted them, I added the STans through the valve, rather then dismount the tire again. As soon as I put air in, these suckers sealed right up. No leaks from the start. I have only rode once, but they are still holding air today. I would have to think that a different tire will both be easier to mount and also not seal as quick. Other then that, so far so good.

mtbr member
    Ok cool I was just making sure I was reading the kits right for the "Plus Four". I have bontrager tires that came on my GF Mamba. I just wanted to make sure that I get the right stuff here because I have to go tubeless for the lower tire pressure! Thanks for your help!
    I hunt, I fish, and now ...I build bikes

JB1
    mtbr member
    Good luck!!

Members who have read this thread: 0